PDA

View Full Version : T-shirt petition

TheBibliophile
2009-09-04, 05:54 AM
I sincerely hope that no-one takes offence at this thread. If Mr Burlew doesn't like it, I shall remove it instantly and never do another petition.

Alright, playgrounders, here's the drill. I think it would be absolutely awesome if the fourth panel of this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0369.html) strip was turned into a t-shirt. Just look at it and you'll see why. If you agree, post below and I'll add your name to the list. I plan on sending the petition to the Giant when it garners a hundred votes. Here's what I plan to send:

We the assembled denizens of the Giant in the Playground forums do hereby respectfully request that the fourth panel of strip number 369 of the webcomic known as "The Order of the Stick" be adapted into a T-shirt, for the reason that it would look totally kick-ass awesome.

Signed,
TheBibliophile

Darius1020
2009-09-04, 08:01 AM
that would be cool, but maybe without the "Die" part, people might get offended by that

[TS] Shadow
2009-09-04, 10:58 AM
If you really want that as a T-shirt, there are plenty of stores you can go to that make custom t-shirts. Just give them the picture, and you'll be set. I'm pretty sure that a petition won't do much to pursuade the Giant. If he even bothers to read it.

mr.fizzypop
2009-09-04, 11:19 PM
I don't know if you'll get 100 people, or even get the giant to recognize it. But, what the heck, add me to the petition.

jogiff
2009-09-04, 11:56 PM
Shadow;6861406']If you really want that as a T-shirt, there are plenty of stores you can go to that make custom t-shirts. Just give them the picture, and you'll be set. I'm pretty sure that a petition won't do much to pursuade the Giant. If he even bothers to read it.

I think that that would be a violation of copyright though.

Prowl
2009-09-05, 01:29 AM
If not done for profit, and it was a one-off deal, I doubt anyone would care enough to do anything about it.

Liwen
2009-09-05, 02:54 AM
No. This would totally be a violation of copyrights. Not for the client who asked the custom t-shirt, but the company that owns the store that would make that T-Shirt just won't do it without Rich's permission, they risk losing too much in courts vs the profits that would make by providing that service.

And it's not just the money they may lose in court, rep is also important for those companies, and copyright violation is bad for rep. Very very bad.

Still, I agree to the petition idea. Sign me up.