PDA

View Full Version : game wrecker

Avor
2009-09-04, 12:43 PM
3.5 game upcpming = good
knobcake, power gameing munchkin playing a shodow dancer = bad

what character do I take to be in balance or useful? Or do I walk? When your D&D turns you into an X-man, its to gtfo

Signmaker
2009-09-04, 12:45 PM
A munchkin using a shadow dancer? o.O

Anyway, pick what you want. Possibly a skillmonkey, as you'll always be useful.

Animefunkmaster
2009-09-04, 12:48 PM
Well, you have me interested. How is the shadow dancer wreaking your game?

Diamondeye
2009-09-04, 12:53 PM
I'm going to bet it has something to do with the Hide in Plain Sight ability.

That said, wizard is always good for keeping up.

Myrmex
2009-09-04, 12:58 PM
Could be a shadowpuncer.

BAMF!

valadil
2009-09-04, 01:19 PM
Radiant Servant of Pelor doubles the radius of its light spells. Just be a walking spotlight and his shadow powers will be useless!

tyckspoon
2009-09-04, 01:22 PM
Insufficient information to help. At the least, give us some kind of idea of what you want your character to do.

I should warn you that if you think a Shadowdancer is game-breakingly powerful, you will probably be at best uncomfortable with the ideas we'll give you.

Tyndmyr
2009-09-04, 01:22 PM
Wizard, Druid come to mind as the obvious options. Cleric isn't bad either.

Avoid bard, pally, fighter.

Signmaker
2009-09-04, 01:24 PM
Avoid bard

I deny your reality and substitute it with my own.

The Glyphstone
2009-09-04, 01:45 PM
Indeed.....for a game where Shadowdancer is considered overpowered, the sort of things we'll supply you to counteract him will be like reading the Necronomicon - it will solve the issue, but at the cost of your innocence and sanity....

Ia! Ia! Cthulu Fthgnan!

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-04, 01:47 PM
I deny your reality and substitute it with my own.

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen someone misquote that line. It's "I reject your reality, and substitute my own!".

Eloel
2009-09-04, 01:49 PM
Shadowdancer IS broken. If you play core-only, and ban the trio from the Big5 that exists in core.

Yzzyx
2009-09-04, 01:54 PM
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen someone misquote that line. It's "I reject your reality, and substitute my own!".

I deny your reality, and substitute my own!

Drevius
2009-09-04, 01:54 PM
lol kinda sounds like a bad "you might be a munchkin if", you might be a munchkin if you can shine brighter than a star as a shadowdancer.

Eldariel
2009-09-04, 01:55 PM
3.5 game upcpming = good

what character do I take to be in balance or useful? Or do I walk? When your D&D turns you into an X-man, its to gtfo

Umm...ELABORATE!

Jade_Tarem
2009-09-04, 02:04 PM
Shadowdancer overpowered? Whu..?

Go Intiate of the Sevenfold Veil. You'll be the next best thing to indestructable, and still a full caster.

For the wacky factor, go Wu Jen/Elemental Air Savant. He can hide in plain sight, but *you* can turn into a colossal sized, intelligent tornado. With glowing eyes.

Really, those suggestions aren't even scratching the surface of the crazy stuff you can do in 3.5e.

Tyndmyr
2009-09-04, 02:23 PM
Play Pun-Pun.

It won't solve your party balance, but it WILL solve your DMs belief that Shadowdancers are overpowered. It might also give him an abiding hatred for kobolds.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-09-04, 02:31 PM
3.5 game upcpming = good

Favored Soul
Spirit Shaman
Wizard
Artificer
Druid
Cleric
Sorcerer
Wu Jen
Warlock
Binder
Psion
Wilder
Duskblade
Bard
Dragonfire Adept
Warblade
Swordsage
Crusader
Barbarian
Dungeoncrasher Fighter

The Glyphstone
2009-09-04, 06:33 PM
By X-man you think Shadowdancer = Nightcrawler?

You need to play a Swordsage with Shadow hand maneuvers. 'BAMF' indeed.:smallbiggrin:

AslanCross
2009-09-04, 06:50 PM
I don't get why the Shadowdancer is so broken either. Not sure if I can help if that already counts as overpowered munchkin fuel.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-04, 07:07 PM
3.5 game upcpming = good

What? Shadowdancer is'nt even a good Nightcrawler.
He needs shadows.

Be a Horizon Walker with 6th level Shifting (Planar) Mastery ability: now you teleport once/1d4 rds like dimension door. Now that is the Nightcrawler I know.

Can you explain detail how they are munckiney?
Hide in Plain sight is not X-man-like. Shadow jump is only 20 ft/day.
Summon Shade? Which X-man did that?

Guancyto
2009-09-04, 07:17 PM
For that matter, what the deuce is a knobcake? :smallconfused:

It sounds like a cooking experiment gone very, very wrong.

F.H. Zebedee
2009-09-04, 07:40 PM
If it's a munchkin, I can see them ruining the game as a Shadowdancer just by DEBATING constantly what counts as shadows, and what can HiPS.

I don't think this is what the OP is refering to, but Shadowdancers are like the best non-casting class for causing tweaky GM debates.

(I shadowjump into the Head Guard's nostril, making his face explode!)