Twiddle http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=151345

FlamingKobold
2009-09-05, 11:11 AM
OOC:

Couple of things:
1. Thank you for making the thread
2. I promise mongooses will be involved in the campaign somehow
3. Have fun

You guys can all do whatever the hell you want in Mistmarsh, even being in the shop too, if you want.

It is midafternoon on a cool, cloudless autumn day. You are in the hamlet of Mistmarsh, in Eastern Breland. Asgil is in a magical trinkets shop, buying spell components and looking at the shop's collection of books, seeing if any of them hold any information that he does not already possess. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees a box sitting on a table across the room with a sign on it that says: "10 gp each." He sees a large quantity of familiar looking rocks that he identifies as Eberron Dragonshards. Asgil knows that there is no way that these were shipped to the shop from elsewhere, rather they had to have been found somewhat locally. He does not, however, recall the existence of a large quantity of dragonshards anywhere near Mistmarsh. It is peculiar indeed.

Everyone

You are free to act.

nysisobli
2009-09-05, 11:57 AM
Excuse me sir, Asgil Evermore says. Where did you happen upon these miraculous stones?

FlamingKobold
2009-09-05, 12:05 PM
The shop keeper comes out from behind the counter and walks over to Asgil. He picks one out af the box and, while twirling it in his hand, replies, "Oh, just yesterday, a man came into my shop with these, saying he'd found them not 50 miles west of here and he wanted to sell them to me."

nysisobli
2009-09-05, 12:09 PM
Did you happen to catch his name, and did he give any geological features, as to where 50 miles west it was?

FlamingKobold
2009-09-05, 12:18 PM
The shopkeeper thinks, trying to remember. "No, I don't recall his name. However, He said he found them on the southern side of the forest, that should narrow it down quite a bit. Why do you ask? Are you planning on trying to find some as well?"

nysisobli
2009-09-05, 12:23 PM
I believe I may, has anyone else gone in search of these?

FlamingKobold
2009-09-05, 12:25 PM
"I don't know," he replies, "No one else has asked about them, but someone else might have found them, or maybe the guy that found these told a friend about them." He shrugs, and adds, "Well, best of luck to you, if you decide to go."

nysisobli
2009-09-05, 12:26 PM
Thank you for your time, This should feed your family tonight for your hospitality.he hands the shopkeeper 1 gold piece.

FlamingKobold
2009-09-05, 12:33 PM
The shopkeeper takes it with a smile and says, "Thank you sir. Best of luck in everything you try. May the gods bless you."

nysisobli
2009-09-05, 12:37 PM
And you, walking out of the shop, Asgil begins looking for his companions.

FlamingKobold
2009-09-05, 12:42 PM
OOC:

If you don't post for a while (24-48 hours, depending on the situation and how patient I am), I may take over your character as an NPC until you get back. Just FYI.

LeoMidori
2009-09-05, 01:48 PM
Claymore was brousing over the books, looking for any information on the day of Mourning he could get; he doubted there was any such book in such a place, but he thought to ask anyway. He turned his head towards the shopkeep, his dark blue hood still draped over him.
"Excuse me, do you have any books with information on The Day of Mourning? I'd understand if you didn't, but I'm looking for any information I can get." he asked in a quiet tone; his voice was reasonably deep, but soft unless he pressed his sylables, but scaring an innocent looking shopkeep seemed like a poor idea in such a small place.

FlamingKobold
2009-09-05, 03:15 PM
The shopkeeper walks over to Claymore. "Hmmm, I'm not sure. One moment." He traces his finger down the spine of each book and occasionally picks one out of the shelf and pages through it before putting it back. After several minutes of this, he pulls out a thick, dusty Tome with the title of A Brief History of the Modern Era, from the fall of the Dhakaani Empire to the Treaty of Thronehold. He hands it to Claymore, saying, "I'm not sure how in depth it is, but it's the closest thing I have."

LeoMidori
2009-09-05, 03:43 PM
Claymore looked dissapointed; or he would, were his face able to express it. He instead just shook his head lightly, "No thanks. I've skimmed through that book before. I'm looking for the actual cause of The Day; I was there when it happened." he said with a slight coldness in his voice. "I do appreciate your help though. Farewell."
And with that, the tall Warforged followed suit behind Asgil, looking for anyone else of his group. "Well, did you get what -you- were looking for at least?" he asked.

nysisobli
2009-09-05, 03:49 PM
I didn't, but alas i need to find out more about those dragonshards. Hitch up we are all going to go west. We need to find the source of those. Who knows, we might be able to find enough to get you a new power core.

LeoMidori
2009-09-05, 06:09 PM
Claymore brightened at the thought of getting a new core, even if he wasn't certain what difference it would actually make. "Either way it sounds good to me. I'm getting bored of sticking around here anyway. It's too... quiet,"he stated a bit simply.

It wasn't as though the quiet was all that bad, it was perfect to study in, but he had grown adjusted to the hustle and bustle of constantly being surrounded by people; mostly Cyran refugees when he started help on building the new town on the edge of The Grey Mists. He was so used to being yelled orders for days at a time, the sound of his hammer hitting iron, human workers talking amongst themselves and moaning about 'trying to make the best of things'. It wasn't as though he didn't like Cyre, or it's people, but simply taking up a normal job was so dull. Much as he disliked war, he couldn't deny the satisfaction of battle, and as long as he could find a good reason to fight he'd do it.

Claymore reached over his right arm to his left shoulder, doing a slow windmill to get his joints moving."Well, I'm ready to go, but where the hell is everyone else?

AngelOmnipotent
2009-09-06, 07:57 PM
With his tattoos and outlandish appearance, Gantz was causing a lot of the locals to have something to talk about, and it didn't bode well for his want of information - they seem to be too busy interested in him to answer his questions. Gantz eventually walks towards the shop where his companions are standing and nods with a small amicable smile.

"I'm sorry it took me so long. I was busy looking over the history of this town but it seems the locals have more ever-changing stories amongst them than I care to sort out." He turns to face Asgil. "It's a shame you found out nothing. I always like to know what I'm going to face before I do so. Were there any shards available to purchase?"

Trodon
2009-09-09, 10:00 AM
ooc: Sorry I had no internet for a few days, and do we all know each other already?

FlamingKobold
2009-09-09, 07:34 PM
OOC:

If you roleplay it in. Give a reason to know them.

Trodon
2009-09-09, 09:46 PM
ooc:
I don't see a reason why I would know them.

Croverus
2009-09-10, 02:30 PM
Exiting the nearby forest to purchase some fresh supplies for his alchemical studies, Twiddle moves along with his companion, a badger named Fife, sleeping on one shoulder. The gnome walked through the market, smeeling ingredients and looking out for good bargains as he had only meager things to trade in return.He longed for a day when he could afford expensive ingredients and make the most powerful alchemical items. He was already working on a small oil that exploded when struck.

Trodon
2009-09-12, 09:11 PM
ooc: Sorry everyone I have been having a hectic week.

Xen'kar, a Half-Drow walks through the crowded town square wearing studded leather armor and a scimitar at his waist. Getting many scowls and looking at the merchant's merchandise very rarely buying anything.

LeoMidori
2009-09-13, 03:38 PM
OOC; alright, since everyone seems to be here, lets' get to this, shall we? Could we try to keep it at one post a day? I know that we've likely all been busy and disjointed, but I was really looking forwards to this.

Claymore tilted his head to Gantz; he thought this guy was a bit strange looking, but who was he to judge? He at least seemed alright, and if he was going to be of help, he wasn't going to argue that either.
"Well, I saw a number of Eberron shards in there. I wasn't paying attention to the price, but picking some up might not be a bad idea."

He realized he wasn't the one being talked to, but he spoke up anyway. He thought it might be best to just get moving as quickly as he could. He took a slightly worn whetstone from one of his belt pouches and drew his kukri, running the stone along the silvery edge of the otherwise black blade. He leaned against the side of the shop while he sharpened,"We'll wait for you right here."