PDA

View Full Version : So, what do you think of Haley's new costume?

Darkroot
2009-09-04, 02:43 PM
Seems like this new look will be staying. This means Haley's hair+clothes have had a complete overhaul, so what do you think about it?

Meh, personally, I liked the new haircut but I preferred the old armor... I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it seems kinda ugly and non-rogueish.

Optimystik
2009-09-04, 02:47 PM
It'll make it all the more awesome when her ponytail comes back, but I actually like it. And Durkon should get a turban.

Mauve Shirt
2009-09-04, 02:54 PM
It does seem rather non-rogueish, but I like it anyway. New clothes is good.

BatRobin
2009-09-04, 02:57 PM
It'll make it all the more awesome when her ponytail comes back, but I actually like it. And Durkon should get a turban.

HELL. YES.

I can see Durkon getting mistaken for some famous dwarf swami now, due to his asian/desert/whatever skin tone. XD

King of Nowhere
2009-09-04, 03:00 PM
Haley is changing lots of outfits lately...
Anyway, I like the new clothing, not the hair. In fact I find they don't match. With this new armor and her old ponytail, she would be hotter than before. With this hairstyle, she was maybe better in the old armor.

And there's something in the back of my mind telling there's something terribly wrong with me for expressing such comments on a stick figure...

Carnivorous_Bea
2009-09-04, 03:01 PM
Decent change as far as I can see, though like others, I can't stand the hair. :smallbiggrin:

Zordrath
2009-09-04, 03:11 PM
I have this nagging feeling the hair was only changed so V could get a ponytail and not look too similiar to Haley... I preferred the old haircut, though, mainly because so many OOTS characters have short hair and Haley with her long hair always stood out. Hair is the prime characteristic in this comic, after all, and Haley's is now much more similiar to anyone else's.

As for the armor, my main beef with it is that it really looks just like a shirt, as Elan and Durkon pointed out. It looks more like what one would wear casually in one's freetime, not like the outfit of a seasoned adventurer and rogue. I also think the color is ugly, though that's highly subjective, of course.

Kaytara
2009-09-04, 03:11 PM
Horrible idea. So now she's wearing shorts and a revealing sleeveless top? In a desert? With her presumably pale redhead complexion? She'll be begging Durkon for Cure Critical Sunburn Wounds soon enough. She should have bought something thin, loose and baggy, instead.

Aesthetically, I find myself agreeing with Elan. Oddly, she looks more like Crystal now. I don't really mind it, except it doesn't really click as an adventurer outfit to me. Maybe if we actually saw any of the mentioned leather bits in it...

Branco
2009-09-04, 03:15 PM
Those lime green boots she wants to dye. They are the famous Boots of Speed!

Rustic Dude
2009-09-04, 03:18 PM
Is it morally justified?

:smalltongue:

Optimystik
2009-09-04, 03:21 PM
Horrible idea. So now she's wearing shorts and a revealing sleeveless top? In a desert? With her presumably pale redhead complexion? She'll be begging Durkon for Cure Critical Sunburn Wounds soon enough. She should have bought something thin, loose and baggy, instead.

If one of Crystal's magic items casts Endure Elements (or if Durkon can make her one) then she can wear whatever she likes.

Aesthetically, I find myself agreeing with Elan. Oddly, she looks more like Crystal now. I don't really mind it, except it doesn't really click as an adventurer outfit to me. Maybe if we actually saw any of the mentioned leather bits in it...

"The dagger is cursed!" theory is starting to gain steam :smallsmile: First you lose mental acuity, then you dress like a skank-cow...

Is it morally justified?

*slap*

Fred Fumblrol
2009-09-04, 03:22 PM
Better boobage, but bye bye bellybutton.:smallfrown:

Silverraptor
2009-09-04, 03:27 PM
Hmmmm... I don't like it, but I don't hate it. I guess it will have to grow on me.

Ridureyu
2009-09-04, 03:28 PM
I'm torn between "Oooooooooooooooh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah" and a joke about whether this is morally justified. So, here's a dancing Megatron!

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Ridureyu/megatron_dance.gif

Jackson
2009-09-04, 03:28 PM
Since I see it mostly as an attempt to make her breasts more prominent to counteract her nonconsensual haircut and reassert her femininity (which is what I believe most of the complaints regarding the haircut are about), I don't really have much of a problem with it, in character. Especially if it actually protects better than her previous armor.

That said, it looks ... weird. But I think when the boots match the rest of the outfit, and she's against a backdrop of sand and the evening orangeness in the west, the color and outfit will look better. It's presumably not at its best against a gray background.

Even if that's not the case, I'm sure I'll like it more when it's more familiar, especially if the location and look of the comic in general complement it. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for a few strips, at least.

someonenonotyou
2009-09-04, 03:33 PM
The clothes and hair are good but its just not haley :haley:

Prak
2009-09-04, 03:49 PM
Hair is the prime characteristic in this comic, after all, and Haley's is now much more similiar to anyone else's.
Actually it's not that similar to the rest of the party's.

Roy and Durkon are bald, Belkar has a buzzcut, V's got kinda shaggy shoulder length hair (about like mine, actually. Hmm... might be fun to dress as hir sometime, though I'd have to shave...) and Elan's hair is neatly combed with a rakish stray lock of hair.

Haley actually has the most character to her hair, with the possible exception of V, with their hair actually having body and volume, rather than being clean lines.

Elfin
2009-09-04, 03:50 PM
I don't really like it all that much...
But I'll get used to it.

Starscream
2009-09-04, 03:55 PM
I think the new outfit will go well with the surroundings. It'll look better when she's outside.

Could be that her old armor would have caused color issues with the background when printing the future books, and the Giant is thinking ahead. He mentioned in one of the commentaries that he had to make minor changes to things like Roy's skin tone in order to have it print right.

Edit:
I'll miss the midriff though. On the other hand...:smallamused:

Elfin
2009-09-04, 03:57 PM
Thinking about it, I guess the new armor will go better with the desert background.
Not so bad, then.

FoE
2009-09-04, 03:58 PM
Better boobage, but bye bye bellybutton. :smallfrown:

That's what I said!

Also, that colour is ... ugly. It doth offend.

Kobold-Bard
2009-09-04, 04:11 PM
Is it morally justified?

No. Bad Rustic Dude. Very bad Rustic Dude. <Takes away internet privileges>

Blanth
2009-09-04, 04:15 PM
Rawr?!

And for you naysayers: just wait until it takes equipment damage and breaks a strap!

Blanth
2009-09-04, 04:16 PM
That's what I said!

Also, that colour is ... ugly. It doth offend.

I agree. Black would look better. Always. Of course, it would heat up pretty quickly under a desert sun.

... like that'd be bad.

Prak
2009-09-04, 04:18 PM
it'd also make it more difficult for her to sneak

Dixieboy
2009-09-04, 04:23 PM

She cares not about such petty things, if she did, she'd be naked. :smallbiggrin:

FoE
2009-09-04, 04:24 PM

Unless she was sneaking at night.

shadzar
2009-09-04, 04:27 PM
I agree. Black would look better. Always. Of course, it would heat up pretty quickly under a desert sun.

... like that'd be bad.

An kind of not blend in at all considering there is nothing to hide behind in a giant sandbox. :smallconfused:

She might as well be wearing a giant cactus costume... :smalleek: ...better not give Elan any ideas!

Weimann
2009-09-04, 04:30 PM
So now she's wearing shorts and a revealing sleeveless top? In a desert?The seller did state that it protected her from wounds and the heat. So I suppose it has Endure Elements.

Personally, I... don't like this change. The old armour fit her better, and made her look "tough cutie". This one just screams "I'll flash my stuff for initiative!" It also makes her look more childish, I think.

The hair change was decent, I thought. It did rob her some femininity, but it preserved her attitude, which I believe have been lost to some degree by buying this armour.

Then again, I suppose I'll get used to it. But while it might very well be the first time I've ever said it, I'd had preferred if she'd taken Elan's advice and kept those for their private time.

Silverraptor
2009-09-04, 04:55 PM
...You all need professional help who are getting hyped up over a stick figure.:smallsigh:

Weimann
2009-09-04, 05:04 PM
It just shows that we have excellent imagination and can think for ourselves. *nods* :smallbiggrin:

Silverraptor
2009-09-04, 05:06 PM
It just shows that we have excellent imagination and can think for ourselves. *nods* :smallbiggrin:

Or too much of the bad kind of imagination and are really desperate.

spectralphoenix
2009-09-04, 05:08 PM
The armor is magically fire resistant, meaning that natural heat dangers are not a problem.

Mystic Muse
2009-09-04, 05:09 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't care about the upgrade and LIKES the hair?

Weimann
2009-09-04, 05:12 PM
Or too much of the bad kind of imagination and are really desperate.Naaaaaah! :smallbiggrin:

Zeful
2009-09-04, 05:31 PM
Unless she was sneaking at night.

In a temperate zone with lots of cover, sure. In a desert with sand that likes to reflect a lot of light, no. Deserts don't really ever get dark, at least, not dark enough to justify dark armors.

FoE
2009-09-04, 05:32 PM
In a temperate zone with lots of cover, sure. In a desert with sand that likes to reflect a lot of light, no. Deserts don't really ever get dark, at least, not dark enough to justify dark armors.

I live in Canada.

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Rustic Dude
2009-09-04, 05:47 PM

ˇYay! Wait...ooohhhh...:smallfrown:

Good bye Internets, good bye...I'll return.*goes away with a morally justified tear on the eye*

Zeful
2009-09-04, 05:48 PM
I live in Canada.

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

I live in Minnesota. That's no excuse.

Kurien
2009-09-04, 05:58 PM

I like Haley's new hair too. It kinda looks like Lien's hair. Also, I don't think the outfit is horrible, although it could use something dark for contrast. Perhaps a dark brown/black sash? Or is that defeating the purpose of sand coloured "armour?"

Weimann
2009-09-04, 06:40 PM
I think I know what bothers me the most. It's the straps. They disturb something fierce. It would look way better if they were removed.

I know how it sounds, but really, it'd look better :P

FoE
2009-09-04, 06:42 PM
I live in Minnesota. That's no excuse.

Oh, har har. Thanks for pulling my leg there. :smalltongue:

Katana_Geldar
2009-09-04, 07:32 PM
I just thought, Ms Fanservice time for Haley again.

FerhagoRosewood
2009-09-04, 08:06 PM
I like Haley's new hair too. It kinda looks like Lien's hair. Also, I don't think the outfit is horrible, although it could use something dark for contrast. Perhaps a dark brown/black sash? Or is that defeating the purpose of sand coloured "armour?"

Yeah, I too like Haley's shorter hair better. And Lien is my favorite Paladin, both attitude & appearance wise. But I have to say that I was a bit disappointed by Haley's new armor.

I'll probably get used to it but still... "I dun like change!"

Erts
2009-09-04, 08:13 PM

:smalleek:

Whoa...

I just thought it was new art, interested me for a bit (Not like that!) and shrugged. I suppose we'll get used to it.

Acero
2009-09-04, 08:50 PM
Seems like this new look will be staying. This means Haley's hair+clothes have had a complete overhaul, so what do you think about it?

Meh, personally, I liked the new haircut but I preferred the old armor... I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it seems kinda ugly and non-rogueish.

ill get used to it. but on another note, i think our avatars are wearing the same desert robes.

Verick Severith
2009-09-04, 09:16 PM

:smallconfused: I don't think that's what's this is really about. Personally I'd say it's kinda sad if she can't change her clothes and suddenly be accused to playing up for fanservice.

But hey, that's just one inconsequenial person's opinion.

Katana_Geldar
2009-09-04, 09:20 PM
Elan was thinking along those lines, as was the salesman.

AlexanderRM
2009-09-04, 10:09 PM

Was Kobold-Bard's removal of Rustic Dude's internet privileges morally justified?

Magothys
2009-09-04, 10:50 PM
The new look is bad IMO. I thought the ponytail looked better in the first place, and now the new shirt is a bit generic... Hopefully she changes back when they leave the desert, and her hair grows back.

Scarlet Knight
2009-09-04, 10:52 PM
It does seem rather non-rogueish...

I don't know 'about that. I gotta feeling that an outfit like that will have the rest of the party asking Haley to check doors for traps like in the old days....:smallwink:

ericgrau
2009-09-04, 10:56 PM
It seemed a bit too different at first but after a couple more looks I like it. I liked the old look too, though, and I prefer long hair. Either she needs an excuse to wear that outfit and have long hair, or switch to something else entirely. Oh wait, I know. When her hair grows back there's no sense in ditching such expensive armor.

Weimann
2009-09-05, 04:35 AM
Question, is she still wearing long trousers? That would help the general feel of the outfit.

Kaytara
2009-09-05, 05:50 AM
Somehow I completely missed the protection from heat thing. Or the following panels wiped it from my memory. XD

...You all need professional help who are getting hyped up over a stick figure.:smallsigh:

As opposed to those who spend their free times telling people who are getting hyped up over stick figures that they need professional help for getting hyped up over stick figures? :smalltongue:

Irbis
2009-09-05, 05:52 AM
Anyone liked the old hair? :smallconfused:

It looked like a brown blob to me, uh, ugly. :smallsigh:

squidbreath
2009-09-05, 06:02 AM
I think I know what bothers me the most. It's the straps. They disturb something fierce. It would look way better if they were removed.

Seconded, or the straps could be thicker.. Either way, I hate the colour of top =S As for the hair, I never really cared much *shrugs*

Zolkabro
2009-09-05, 07:23 AM
I HATE the new outfit. :smallmad: The old one was so much cooler.
:furious:

And Durkon should get a turban.

AWESOME!!!
No question, he needs a turban

Mastikator
2009-09-05, 07:35 AM
Eh, kinda makes her look a tiny bit chubby. The black leather outfit was the best if you ask me.

Turkish Delight
2009-09-05, 07:43 AM
I was kind of taken aback when I realized that she wasn't going to be getting rid of it by the end of the comic. As in, this is what she'll look like from now on.

Blech. Not a fan at all of the new outfit.

Mugen Nightgale
2009-09-05, 08:49 AM

No you are not the only one.

I liked the clothes and the hair change, it's part of the character development plus the new armor is warded against heat so she won't get burned even if it were a bikini, sometimes ppl in the forums forget that magic is common in a D&D world. Haley is a smart one I don't think she'd go into the desert unprepared. And I don't see how the other armor was more adventurous.

Zolkabro
2009-09-05, 09:01 AM
Here is a previous post saying just what I think of thread 654:

I really mean it. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6866654&postcount=152)

Lissou
2009-09-05, 09:29 AM
I like the short hair better than the long hair, or rather, I liked the change (it's not that I disliked the old haircut, but I liked the new one, and I liked the fact that there was a graphic update)

I do think the old outfit looked better with the haircut, and I think the colour of the new one doesn't suit her that well. But it only makes sense that she would change outfits in the desert.
(Now I wonder if Durkon is going to keep wearing heavy metal in the desert. He should at least wear a loose cloth over it or something)

True, it reveals more of her skin than I'd ever want with such a pale skin, but it does protect from heat, so it makes sense.

All in all, I don't dislike the new outfit but I think it will take some getting used to.

Amphetryon
2009-09-05, 10:35 AM
Warning, tvtropes ahead. Danger! Danger! They Changed It Now It Sucks. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks)

shadzar
2009-09-05, 10:59 AM
Warning, tvtropes ahead. Danger! Danger! They Changed It Now It Sucks. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks)

Be careful that you don't upset the Fan Dumb (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanDumb). :smallbiggrin:

Harr
2009-09-05, 11:00 AM

That trope is about adaptations that make changes to an original work in order to bring it to television, movie, etc.

Since OOTS *is* the original work it doesn't really apply (I get what you're trying to say, but there's probably a different trope somewhere that is actually about that).

Anyway, regarding Haley's new look......

*thoughtful horse from R&S* ................... "hmmmmmm" ........... "hmmmmmmm!" ...............*takes a puff from a pipe* .................."hmmmmmmmmm.." .................. "No sir, I don't like it."

Probably not going away though (since Elan already remarked how the change serves to mark the progress in the story) so we might as well get used to it.

Amphetryon
2009-09-05, 11:05 AM
That trope is about adaptations that make changes to an original work in order to bring it to television, movie, etc.

Since OOTS *is* the original work it doesn't really apply (I get what you're trying to say, but there's probably a different trope somewhere that is actually about that).

Anyway, regarding Haley's new look......

*thoughtful horse from R&S* ................... "hmmmmmm" ........... "hmmmmmmm!" ...............*takes a puff from a pipe* .................."hmmmmmmmmm.." .................. "No sir, I don't like it."

Probably not going away though (since Elan already remarked how the change serves to mark the progress in the story) so we might as well get used to it.
Perhaps claiming Haley has been Ruined FOREVER (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuinedFOREVER) would be more to your taste?

shadzar
2009-09-05, 11:18 AM
Perhaps claiming Haley has been Ruined FOREVER (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuinedFOREVER) would be more to your taste?

She is just now Stripper Iffic (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StripperIffic), so she can fully fulfill her role and trope of a scantily clad female. Note even the mention of what is leather armor differs from males to females. :smallwink:

Harr
2009-09-05, 11:22 AM

LOL, yeap that's probably the one :smallsmile: (not that I necessarily feel that way or anything.. I just like ponytails, myself).

Neoriceisgood
2009-09-05, 11:33 AM
New haircut is great, new outfit ..is nay.

I like outfit changes on characters, but the new outfit feels kinda odd to me, mostly due to the straps around her shoulders.

Zolkabro
2009-09-05, 11:46 AM
New haircut is great, new outfit ..is nay.

I agree. I like the new hair. I HATE the new clothes.

Ted The Bug
2009-09-05, 12:42 PM
I can't say I like either, which is too bad, since I've liked nearly all of Rich's character-look changes (IE, Elan becoming a dashing swordsman).

Skorj
2009-09-05, 01:28 PM
Yay! Fanservice! :smallbiggrin:

As opposed to those who spend their free times telling people who are getting hyped up over stick figures that they need professional help for getting hyped up over stick figures? :smalltongue:

I for one would never tell you to seek help for your concern over stick figures - with your crack pairings signature, getting hyped over Haley's costume is pretty far down the list. :amused:

Jackson
2009-09-05, 03:42 PM
I was kind of taken aback when I realized that she wasn't going to be getting rid of it by the end of the comic. As in, this is what she'll look like from now on.
I'm not sure that's true. It's a desert themed outfit, and they most likely won't be in the desert for the rest of the comic. Since the final Gate is likely to be in an arctic clime, it's reasonable to assume that she'll be changing armor again, especially since this is apparently a tank top and shorts that magically protects from the heat, and won't be useful under those conditions (though I guess if the magical protection is Endure Elements at least that part will be useful up North; I'm afraid I don't really know enough to know whether or not that's a lock). So I think you're just being alarmist. She'll almost certainly dress differently by the end of the comic.

Now, of course, whether or not you like that costume is completely unknown at this point.

Ultimately, even if I don't end up getting used to the costume (and I have a hard time believing that that will happen, knowing myself), I can at least take solace in the fact that Haley's appearance is not the primary reason I read the comic in the first place, and it's safe to say it never will be.

Elfin
2009-09-05, 03:57 PM
I'm joining those who like Haley's new hair.

Prak
2009-09-06, 01:06 AM
Or too much of the bad kind of imagination and are really desperate.

no such thing.

Nah, I like it too. Course I go for that kind of chick (short hair, short temper, short clothes, quick wit, quick reflexes, quick hands and good sized bust, what's not to love?)

The new look is bad IMO. I thought the ponytail looked better in the first place, and now the new shirt is a bit generic... Hopefully she changes back when they leave the desert, and her hair grows back.
She'd want short hair in the desert heat anyway, trust me, I have a pony tail and live in "Oh my F-ing god it's hot" Sacramento.

ref
2009-09-06, 07:17 AM
She cares not about such petty things, if she did, she'd be naked. :smallbiggrin:

That would make it even harder to sneak.

ref
2009-09-06, 07:24 AM
I HATE the new outfit. :smallmad: The old one was so much cooler.

No. The idea is that this one is cooler. :smallyuk:

Joerg
2009-09-06, 07:29 AM
I have no feelings on Haley's new costume. It is largely irrelevant.

theinsulabot
2009-09-06, 11:05 AM

yeah but pretty much everyone she encountered would be flat footed.

yes, EvenTheGirlsWantHer (http://http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvenTheGirlsWantHer)

/now with more trope action!

Captain Alien
2009-09-06, 11:13 AM
I like the new hairstyle, but I liked the ninja outfit more than this new desert armor.

Sutremaine
2009-09-06, 11:59 AM
The colour is hideous and the skinny straps clash with the art style. They need to be thicker or contrast more with Haley's skin.

Course I go for that kind of chick (short hair, short temper, short clothes, quick wit, quick reflexes, quick hands and good sized bust, what's not to love?)
It seems that Haley's actual bust is as abstracted as the arms, legs and necks of the rest of the humanoid characters. Otherwise you'd have a woman with a good-sized bust (I'll assume a C cup here, correct me if I'm wrong) and not wearing a baggy sack being repeatedly addressed as 'he', which is plain weird even by OotS's conventions. :smalltongue:

veti
2009-09-06, 03:38 PM
Hair is fine. Armour is awful. If I were Elan, I'd dye the armour lime green to stop her wearing it.

Fortunately, she's not finished shopping yet. She could limit the aesthetic damage by finding a decent cloak to cover her shoulders.

Dixieboy
2009-09-06, 03:46 PM
Has anyone noticed that the entire order is getting some type of "Overhaul"

The only ones who haven't changed being Durkon (Obviously) and Roy (Haven't had time for it)

Ted The Bug
2009-09-06, 03:52 PM

What do you mean? She'd be invisible.
Also, Belkar hasn't had an overhaul either.

theinsulabot
2009-09-06, 04:01 PM
Has anyone noticed that the entire order is getting some type of "Overhaul"

The only ones who haven't changed being Durkon (Obviously) and Roy (Haven't had time for it)

actually i think his chain mail looks a bit different, cant put my finger on it though

Elfin
2009-09-06, 04:25 PM
Whose chainmail?
Durkon wears plate, and Roy wears some kind of medium armor.

theinsulabot
2009-09-06, 05:01 PM
Whose chainmail?
Durkon wears plate, and Roy wears some kind of medium armor.

roys vest. always thought of it as a chain mail underlay. feh, could be wrong, not really important i suppose

Dixieboy
2009-09-06, 05:04 PM
roys vest. always thought of it as a chain mail underlay. feh, could be wrong, not really important i suppose

There's a V cut, but I'm not sure if that counts.

Acero
2009-09-06, 05:13 PM
There's a V cut, but I'm not sure if that counts.

it does. and Durkon might be getting spike shoulderedd armor

ThePhantasm
2009-09-06, 07:12 PM
My first reaction was one of dislike, but the costume grows on you.

Nimrod's Son
2009-09-06, 07:47 PM
It's entirely likely that Haley's classic outfit clashed badly with the colour scheme Rich has picked out for the desert scenes, so she needed to be redrawn for the time being.

Whatever the reason, though, I struggle to see what everyone's getting so worked up about.

DaggerPen
2009-09-06, 09:47 PM
I like the new hairstyle, but I'm not a big fan of the new armor. It'll probably grow on me with time, but right now, it just looks kind of ugly.

Turkish Delight
2009-09-07, 12:02 AM
I'm not sure that's true. It's a desert themed outfit, and they most likely won't be in the desert for the rest of the comic.

Hmmm...let me rephrase. What I meant was that the outfit is here to stay very likely to the end of this book. In other words, for a loonnnggg time to come, we're going to be seeing that outfit.

Haggis
2009-09-07, 02:22 AM
I'm for the new look.

On one hand I like the new hair due. It's different and seems a bit more roguish.

For the new outfit I'm kinda of meh at the moment. But since I always felt she had the most meh outfit from the get go the change doesn't hurt.

Rad
2009-09-07, 04:48 AM
I feel a bit sorry for her hair, but that's not really bad.
The new armor, THAT is really bad. For some reasons that others have already pointed out in the first page:

it doesn't look like armor at all, and I am a hater of the chainmail bikini philosophy.
it doesn't look like an armor but like a shirt: it ruins the "adventurer" look on Haley

(the Resistance outfit was OK for me)

David Argall
2009-09-08, 05:40 PM

There are enough people here that just about every option has several backers. But I will vote for the old Haley hair and armor.

Ozymandias9
2009-09-08, 05:46 PM
I like the reasoning behind the outfit change as an element of characterization, and if I were DMing a game with a light atmosphere and session-based role-playing XP bonuses, I would likely take it into account as a minor but well executed aspect.

That said, I like the haircut, but think the outfit looks horrible.