PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Water shugenja

ArjenC
2009-09-04, 03:20 PM
I am currently playing in a campaign where we generally have 3 players. Often we are lacking magicking and healing power, so while I was browsing some books I thought I'd play a water shugenja. As a water shugenja I should have ample access to healing, buffs, illusion and some utility & battle-field control. Does anyone have any good or bad experience with (water) shugenja you'd like to share?

Fluff-wise, I was thinking of something druid-like. Water provides healing, earth is about solid, dependable protection, air may be fickle but has the breath of live. Fire on the other hand is about chaos and destruction, the annihilation of live and thus should be avoided. Any other suggestions on how I can approach this character?

Crunch-wise, I have no idea what to do besides max CHA. What sort of feats could I aim for? Any prestige classes that would be beneficial, or is it best to stay pure shugenja? I'd be grateful if someone could whip up a quick build for me. I have access to most books. Optimization level is relatively low, no cheese please :smallsmile:

Eloel
2009-09-04, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure how to optimize a shugenja, I never played one, but it looks pretty much compatible (and beneficial), to pair it with Elemental Savant PrC (Complete Arcane). A water-based caster ending up a water elemental is, imo, awesome, and justifiable fluff-wise.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-09-04, 03:31 PM
What do you have access to?
What books and what level are you starting?

only1doug
2009-09-04, 03:33 PM
Complete Champion has a reserve feat (touch of Healing) that is great for out of combat healing, as long as you have a healing spell of 2nd level or higher memorised you can heal an ally (for a small amount of hps and only until they are at 1/2 health) as a standard action. you also get a +1 CL bonus for healing spells.

ArjenC
2009-09-04, 03:41 PM
I have access to most books (core, completes, terrain-based, etc), but no dragon magazine. Starting level 8.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-09-04, 03:43 PM
what about campain setting specific theres a few FR PRCS that would do well..

i would get some metamagic mabye quicken and a few others and you should be good..