PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping up a high level campgain

didub
2009-09-04, 05:06 PM
I was wondering if any of you had advice on wrapping up a very high-level campaign. I know the plot, I just don't know what the last encounter should be. This is my first campaign (though I've been DMing for a couple years), and I have no experience with ending them :(

The plot:
Just a rough outline. Two countries at war, PCs are sided with one. Enemy country uses undead a lot. Eventually the bad guys summon a super powerful CE death avatar. The PCs fight it and think they win, but really did they think the DEATH avatar could be killed? Death avatar comes back and kills leaders of his own army to lead it himself into as much blood and death as possible. BUT, a Daelkyr (from Ebberon) appears and bring it under control. And that it.... they somehow have to stop the Daelkyr in some super climactic way.

I know most campaigns have an archnemesis that they can defeat, but they killed him a couple levels ago and I haven't had time to work in another one.

Whether you have advice for the story or for the final encounter, I would appreaciate it ;)