PDA

View Full Version : Mafia X Game Thread - Day 9

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-04, 06:40 PM
Agent Fairchilde has been promoted to Supervisory Special Agent of the Divisional Headquarters in the City.
That didn’t matter right now.
Today was the anniversary of his greatest betrayal, the day he left.
He stood in the cemetery visiting her grave again.
“Sorry, it was a ****py winter. You know I’d have been here if I could have, but I wasn’t.
I’m sorry you’re in a cold grave, and alone. I shouldn’t have left you alone in the first place. But this job is a duty, and every year more bodies pile up.
The city is just as you left it – corrupt. Not that your influence helped any. I understand, you gotta take the angles as you see ‘em.
I have no hard feelings anyway. But then you’re dead and I’m not.”
He flicked away his cigarette, and returned to his car. One of his new agents opened the door, and then sat in the drivers seat. The other agent fingered his Thompson. In this City, you never knew what or who would come after you.
“Where to sir?”
“The Harbor. Some ship crashed into the dock last night, and the cops covered up everything. Capone owns those docks, and I feel a loose thread we can start pulling…”

Meanwhile, in a suburb…
“NO WAY! THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN IN MY CITY! FIND THEM AND BRING ME THEIR HEADS!”The Boss was upset, four of his gunners were found killed on the docks – two were knifed, and two were found beaten by … something. Bats maybe? Or a sledgehammer? They didn’t have their faces… You only saw that when someone was hit by a car…
“You will find these fiends and we will make an example of them.”
“Yes boss, we’re on it. We think there were a dozen of them, and our guys found them unloading the boat. The cops have let us on it, and we have a copy of their report. It didn’t cost much either.”
“Good. Get on it, get them, and let’s get this over with.”

Somewhere else on this dark, foggy night…
“Yes, our arrival was timely. This city is weak, the citizens are plump with illegal liquor and it is run by criminals. Criminals are weak of mind, and will be easy to manipulate and infiltrate.
Find our day agent, and have him provide an empty warehouse for us to lair in for now.
Next we will seize all the assets we need to begin our assumption of power.. the City WILL be ours and the Citizens our livestock…"

Day 1 begins now and will end Monday Sep 7th (Central Standard Time).

The Rules:
Rule 1 – Don’t sign up unless you’re willing to play any role. You are not allowed to give up your roles.

Rule 2 –Read your PMs. You may receive a message, or be killed, and it won’t be broadcasted to the game. Read your PMs before you check the updates to see if you’ve been killed.

Rule 3 - This is a game based on turns – 48-72 hour day phases (comic updates notwithstanding) and 24-48 hour night phases.

Rule 4 - We are using "Helgraf's Interference rule" for multiple scries. If more than one person scries the same person (i.e. Mafia VI when 3 (!) people scried Shadow on Night 1) then the results for all scries is "Undetermined" or something to that effect.

We reserve the right to add more rules.

Autolynches are enforced for every two day phases without a vote. Pointing at yourself doesn't count. If you don't think you can post once every five days, expect to be autolynched. This is after all a turn-based game with winners and losers, which has elements of team work, subterfuge, and a time limit. These time limits are enforced to maintain game balance.

Roles:
Masons - Fraternal Order of Police (Good Guys). Traditional mason role. These are the few good cops trying to turn the city around again.

Once the “Bad Guys” the Fraternal Order of Police have rebounded and now represent the honest cops of the City. Allied with the Citizens, Commissioner Gordon (the Baner), Ben Urich (the Scryer), and Cub Reporter but do not start out knowing who they are. The Fraternal order of Police does know all of its members. (Scry as Masons)

Winning the Game: The Masons win if they successfully eliminate both the Children of the Night and the Capone Mob.

Baner – Commissioner Gordon.
May make one Bane attempt per night protecting a citizen from assassination.

Winning the Game: The Baner wins if they successfully eliminate both the Children of the Night and the Capone Mob. Allied with the Citizens, Commissioner Gordon, Cub Reporter and Fraternal Order of Police, but does not start out knowing who they are. (Scries as Baner)

Seer or Scryer – Ben Urich
As the Seer you are allied with the Citizens. You may make one Scry a night and have 100% accurate results. Your win conditions are: Eliminating both groups of Wolves – Children of the Night and the Capone Mob. (Scries as Seer EVEN TO THE FOOL).

Fool – Believes he/she is Ben Urich (Scryer). Allied with the Citizens. You may make one Scry a night and have 35% accurate results. Will still receive a result which is 65% likely to be false. Your win conditions are: Eliminating both groups of Wolves – Children of the Night and the Capone Mob.

The Lovers - Jonathan and MinaThe two lovers start the game knowing each other.

Mina - Lover– Count Dracula wants to embrace Mina and turn her into a vampire. If Mina is killed by the Children of the Night, lynched, or autolynched the Children of the Night receive a one time free scry.

Jonathan - Lover – Jonathan Harker, a lawyer, has run afoul of the Capone Mob. One of the two lovers, the Lovers start the game knowing each other. If Jonathan is killed by the Edit*** Capone Mob ***, lynched, or autolynched the Capone Mob receives a one time free scry.

Winning the Game: The Lovers win if they survive and successfully eliminate both the Children of the Night and the Capone Mob.

The Citizens (Villagers) These are the everyday members of society. They usually play by the rules and follow the law; however, that isn't to say that when an opportunity comes along to get a leg up they wouldn't take advantage. The goal of the Citizenry is to get rid of the Children of the Night and Capone’s Mob. The citizens are really in the game for themselves to survive. You may vote once per day phase to try to make this city a better place. Allied with the Fraternal Order of Police, Police Commissioner, Investigative Reporter, and Cub Reporter, but knows none of these roles in advance. (Scry as Citizens)

Winning the Game: The Citizens win if they successfully eliminate both the Children of the Night and the Capone’s Mob.

The Children of the Night – A group of gypsies and thieves – “old world mobsters” that have been embraced into Vampirism by their lord and master Count Dracula. Count Dracula left Romania for England, and then left England for the City.

Count Dracula - The Children of the Night Alpha. Sends in the nightly kills, or designates one of the other Children of the Night to do so. (Scries as “Citizen”)

Renfield - Devil. 100% scry once per night. Count Dracula needs somebody to protect his coffin during the day, and do scouting around the city. He has mentally enslaved the madman Fenfield to do his bidding. If Renfield dies, the Children of the Night lose their ability to Scry. (Scries as “Renfield - the Devil”).

Children of the Night (The Children of the Night - Mafia)
These are old gypsies, gangsters from the ages. Embraced by Dracula because of their proven toughness, intelligence and ability. Standard wolf role, counting towards victory. (Scries as Children of the Night – Wolf)

Children of the Night - Victory Conditions: Eliminate the Capone Mob and equal or outnumber the Citizens/Fraternal Order of Police/Commissioner Gordon at the end of the game.

The Children of the Night Mob have two options for their night kill:
Public killing – The public killing is a message to the citizenry to stay out of the way, and accept things the way they are. Traditional night kill, body left in the street, etc. Usually very messy and a loud statement.

OR - Abduction
The Wolves send in the kill saying they want to abduct and kill a player. If the player is not protected (baned) in the night phase – they disappear. The player will be PM’d they’ve been killed, and the body will turn up two or three day phases later.

I.E. If a player is abducted Night 1, the body will turn up the morning of Day 3-4. This is why it is very very important to NOT SPEAK IN THE GAME IF YOU HAVE BEEN KILLED. Don’t worry, the body will turn up.

The Capone Mob (Mafia):

Al Capone - .
The Capone Mob Alpha. Calls the hits, runs the city. (Scries as “Citizen”).

The Consigliore – Capone Mob - Devil - 100% scry once per night. If he dies, the Mafia lose their ability to Scry. (Scries as “Mafia Consigliore”)

Capone Gangster.
Standard wolf role, counting towards victory. These are the gangsters that make capone's mob tough. Gangsters come from all over the world to get into Big Al's pocket - truly the big leagues of organized crime.
(Scries as “Mafia – Capone Mob”)

Mafia Victory Conditions: Eliminate the Children of the Night and equal or outnumber the Citizens/Fraternal Order of Police/Commissioner Gordon at the end of the game.

Capone's mob has two options for their night kill:
Public killing – The public killing is a message to the citizenry to stay out of the way, and accept things the way they are. Traditional night kill, body left in the street, etc. Usually very messy and a loud statement.

OR – Abduction
The Wolves send in the kill saying they want to abduct and kill a player. If the player is not protected (baned) in the night phase – they disappear. The player will be PM’d they’ve been killed, and the body will turn up two or three day phases later.

I.E. If a player is abducted Night 1, the body will turn up the morning of Day 4. This is why it is very very important to NOT SPEAK IN THE GAME IF YOU HAVE BEEN KILLED. Don’t worry, the body will turn up.

You may post in thread after your body is discovered - or continue to RP - but don't influence the game.

Players: (EDIT Warning - this list may not be updated at regular intervals. Keep your own list, don't rely on this - afterall this is WW!)

Bayar
Billtodamax
cd4
Deathslayer7
Fleeing Coward
Geesi
Happyturtle
Harley
Helgraf
Jontom Xire
Mordokai
Mountain_Faerie
Murska
Mustiado
Oddity
Phantomfox
Selarhc
The Bushranger
Thufir

The Morgue

Piratemonk Lynched Day 1 - Citizen
Hell Puppi Killed by the Children of the Night - Night 1 - Lover - Mina
Darkcomet Lynched Day 2 - Citizen
Recaiden Autolynched Day 2 - Citizen
Gothicbob Killed by the Children of the night 2 - Citizen
DD the Cookiemonster Abducted Day 1 - by the Mafia
Reinholdt Lynched Day 3 - Citizen
Philistine Killed by the Children of the Night - Night 3
Zar Peter Lynched Day 4 - Renfield, Devil Children of the Night
Uncle Festy Autolynched Day 4 - Citizen
Fin Autolynched Day 4 - Citizen
Wolfbane Abducted Night 2 by Capone Gang - Fraternal Order of Police
Dirk Kris Killed Night 4 - Children of the Night - Ben Urich - Scryer
The Fiery Tower Autolynched Day 5 - Citizen
The Bookworm Autolynched Day 5 - C itizen
EnrgeticPenguin Autolynched Day 5 - Citizen
Lemming Lynched Day 5 - Citizen
Evnafets Abducted Night 3 by Capone Gang - Children of the Night
KyouhenAutolynched Day 6 - Citizen
HyozoAutolynched Day 6 - Citizen
Lex-katLynched Day 6 - Citizen
AlarraAbducted Night 4 by Capone Gang - Citizen
Banjo1985Lynched Day 7 - Citizen
Whitehelm Abducted night 5 - Children of the Night - Citizen
Elder Tsofu Abducted night 5 - Fool - Capone Gang
Calar Lynched Day 8 - Citizen
Eldritch Knight Abducted Night 6 - Children of the Night - Capone Gangster
Trixie Abducted Night 6 - Capone Mob - Citizen
Supagoof Lynched Day 9 - Citizen
Opeth Freak
ThePhantom
Aemoh Killed Night 10 by the Capone Mob - FOP
Shadowcaller Abducted Night 8 by the Children of the Night - Citizen
Eaglewiz
Freshmeat_
Irbis
RedScholarGypsy
Heroic - Autolynched Day 11 - Fraternal Order of the Police
Shadow - Lynched Day 11 - Commissioner Gordon

Kyouhen
2009-09-05, 01:23 AM
First point at Trixie! Eat my dust mob folk!

Hell Puppi
2009-09-05, 01:29 AM
Kyouhen! Let's get the ball rolling!

...yeah I'll work on the rp a bit later, but it might be a busy weekend for me, so pointing early :smalltongue:

Philistine
2009-09-05, 02:29 AM
2000 feet above the City

With a curse, 'Pip' Stein reaches up to wipe rain from his flying goggles. "Cussed storm came up fast," he grumbles to himself. He edges his well-worn Curtiss Jenny (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flying_jenny_cropped.jpg) lower, trying to maintain visual contact with the ground as the weather continues to worsen. But in moments he finds himself skimming the rooftops; it's obvious that he's going to have to find a place to set down. He cranes his neck looking for a wide, level space he can use as a runway, cursing again at the diminished visibility. Then he spots a broad, open area: a park. He's closer to the waterfront than he'd thought - the crosswind must have been stronger than he'd realized. He banks his kite gently, lining up with the long axis of the field before him.

Maybe Pip is lulled to incaution by the prospect of getting down safely and getting inside somewhere out of the rain. Then again, maybe it doesn't matter, maybe he'd have been taken by surprise anyway. The canary yellow Jenny is a few feet above the ground, settling smoothly toward landing, when a sudden gust of wind causes the starboard wing to drop. The wingtip touches earth before he can take corrective action, and the plane is spun like a child's toy by the shock of the impact. The next moments pass in a blur for Pip, but finally the world stops spinning around him and he can begin to take stock. His head is ringing like a bell; blood is running into his eyes from a gash across his forehead, and he can feel the beginnings of a huge goose-egg forming on his left temple. His nose and lip are smashed and bleeding as well. Amazingly, he doesn't seem to have broken any bones in the crash, though he reflects ruefully that he's going to have a fine crop of bruises in the morning. The Jenny is in much worse shape. The fuselage broke apart just aft of the back seat - his seat! - and the lower starboard wing is going to have to be completely rebuilt, judging from the way the splintered spars are poking through the torn fabric; and of course the prop shattered as well, there'll be no "repairing" that, only "replacing." Still...

"Any landing you can walk away from," Pip mutters, and begins the process of clambering free of the wreckage. He realizes that he must look a fright, and reaches up to remove his goggles before realizing that he's lost them somewhere during the landing. Free of the cockpit, he slides down the side of the aircraft to the ground and sets off toward the nearest building. The sky is already clearing as he walks, and he curses once again when the sun's rays peek out from behind the clouds to shine down on the park. "Just long enough to crack me up, huh?" he snarls to the empty air. "Juuuuust enough to ground me for the rest of the season. Typical."

Fin
2009-09-05, 06:12 AM
Times had been tough for Fin lately, money was at a premium for everyone but a little more scarce for a man who sold newspapers for a living. A few months back the Bank had taken away his news stand and now all he had to sell his Newspapers out of was an old shopping cart he had found abandoned on a subway platform. It had its advantages though, now his shop was mobile and seeing as he was well liked around town most of the bars and local businesses allowed him to hawk his papers inside there stores.

The day was growing old and it was time for Fin's last stop on his paper selling tour of the city. Where better to end the day than Lucky's the bar that attracted such a large number of potential customers. Strolling in he handed the copy of the City Gazette that he always reserved for Banjo1985 to the doorman so that he could give it to him when he arrived as he no doubt would. Next he wandered to the bar where he dumped the last vestiges of his pile of papers and grabbed the White Russian that had been poured for him on entry. His routines and generally kind demeanor meant that he was well known in an around Lucky's. This was good for business as he could guarantee a good deal of custom here.

And so he ended this day like everyday watching the remaining newspapers dwindle to nothingness as the Lucky's patrons learned what they would of the wilder world.

Fleeing Coward
2009-09-05, 06:20 AM
I believe this is the game where I usually point at Fleeing Coward on day 1 :smallbiggrin:

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-05, 07:38 AM
I believe this is the game where I usually point at Fleeing Coward on day 1 :smallbiggrin:

(Except pointing at yourself doesn't count.)

Oddity
2009-09-05, 07:44 AM
(Except pointing at yourself doesn't count.)

Oddity For The Lose

Murska
2009-09-05, 07:50 AM

Hmm. True, that's probably a winning tactic. Fleeing Coward.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-09-05, 08:17 AM
Murska. GrumbleGrumbleNeutralmyarseGrumbleGrumble:smallamu sed:

Aemoh
2009-09-05, 08:22 AM
*points at RedScholarGypsy*

Cause it's been awhile since I've pointed at the person above :smallamused:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-05, 08:51 AM
Fleeing Coward, because bandwagons without a base seem to have been giving good results lately.(I.E. Classic)

PhantomFox
2009-09-05, 09:07 AM
cd4 until I can get a character set up.

Oddity
2009-09-05, 09:17 AM
Oddity woke up from his prolonged slumber, still quite tired and half asleep. It took him a while to realize he was hanging upside down from the 5th storey of his office building. How he got up there he couldn't remember, the previous night had been filled with... Booze, Booze, Booze and yet more Booze.
One of his so called 'friends' must have thought it funny to place him in this predicament, probably also under the heavy influence. Great. Oddity attempted to climb up to the window the rope was fastened to, but he didn't have the strength to haul himself up. Instead he managed to swing himself through his colleague's, Steve's, window.
"Sorry bout the Steve, nice day isn't it?"
Oddity remarked as he grabbed his hat that he had lost the day before and put it on.
"Sure whatever, you still gotta pay for that"
"Nice talkin to ya Steve"
Oddity briskly left before he could be heaped with one of the many responsibilities he had to own up to today.
"So much to get done, better get going"
And with that he was out the door, down the street, in a taxi, and drinking at the bar.

Fleeing Coward
2009-09-05, 09:50 AM
I don't want to do this but you guys are forcing me to try save myself with a proper point :smalltongue:

DD the Cookiemonster for thinking the bandwagons behind Classic were baseless.

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-05, 10:03 AM
It was certainly a though time for Opeth. Several years ago, his detective services were well known and respected around the entire city. Now, when Capone mafia began abducting and killing people left and right, every Greenhorn with no life perspective decided to become freelance detective, to get easy money. Most of them, without any skills, ended up dead, of course. There was still to much of them though, and getting a request was harder every day. Even cases he got were more and more ridiculous. Like the recent one. Some old woman who claims, her husband was killed by some 'pale, strong creature, with long fangs'. To Opeth, it looked like some wacko lady read too much Bram Stoker, but she paid a lot, so he decided to take the case after all. If she was telling the truth, and not only hallucinating, looks like a vampire was involved in it. Or someone who pretended to be a Vampire. Well, vampires are coming only after the dusk, right? here was no reason to seek it on midday, so Opeth decided to spend some time in the bar. He took his old buddies - hat, and long coat (necessary equipment of every freelance detective), and left his apartment.

"If they are paying for it - Fine. I'll find this Oddity."

cd4
2009-09-05, 11:57 AM
The harbour master sighed, this new ship had messed up all his schedules. He stared at the manifests of the ships due in today: “Lets see, the Oregon was due to dock there and she has a priority from the bosses to be unloaded so lets move her to dock 35 which is close to the new ship, then the Jamestown has to anchor out in the bay until one of the other ships move.”

“Yes that should do it” he mused. Getting up he stares at the dock which is still swarming with police and investigators “I wish I knew what was going on. The bosses never tell me what the ships are carrying only what priority they have. Mind you, this new ship seems like trouble. What’s her name again?” he squints at the ship “Ah the PhantomFox. Mind you thats an odd name to call a ship but then there’s no accounting for taste.”

Mordokai
2009-09-05, 11:59 AM
PhantomFox, don't get a new guy discouraged on his first game, for Pete's sake :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2009-09-05, 12:01 PM
First day random at Mountain_Faerie

Lex-Kat
2009-09-05, 01:06 PM
TPAM..... Reinholdt

@V Um... thanks. I think? :smallconfused:

Deathslayer7
2009-09-05, 01:07 PM
good idea Lex-Kat

ThePhantom
2009-09-05, 03:00 PM
"Another day, a another dollar."

Working in the offices of Upways, Jonny Franklin goes over the accountings of the sandwiche business. Getting off of work, he heads for the bike rake. However, his bike is not there.

"Great, someone took it. Again."

Jonny starts to walk down the streets towards Lucky's. At least there, he could have a drink, and forget about the trouble's caused by Kyouhen.

Mountain_Faerie
2009-09-05, 04:03 PM
Thanks, kitty. I shall return the favor, Reinholdt.

Bayar
2009-09-05, 04:15 PM
Mountain_Faerie for being TPAM.

billtodamax
2009-09-05, 04:18 PM
Oddity Because.

Hyozo
2009-09-05, 06:01 PM
I take a look at my sandwich and groan. Phantom sandwiches forgot the cheese. Again. Did they just run out an never bother to order more?

What's that? The city? Yeah, it's massively screwed up. Any bum on the streets could tell you that. Sure it has it's better parts. How else could I get a job, right? But even those parts aren't really likeable.

whitehelm
2009-09-05, 06:12 PM
Shadow because I haven't played a game with him in a long time and I want to get that out of my system.

Harley
2009-09-05, 08:28 PM
-Mordokai-

PirateMonk
2009-09-05, 11:20 PM
((Irbis because it's day one.))

Elder Tsofu
2009-09-06, 02:41 AM
Reinholdt, she seems to be armed and I don't see the official badge. Must be a member of the mafia then. :-)

Helgraf
2009-09-06, 05:40 AM
Cold. I know this city, and today and every day it is cold.

This city is cold; a wet and miserable place to be, a cesspool of humanity where the scum floats on top because it is actively pushing down everything beneath beneath it.

It is a mortuary built higher than the eyes can see, and its corpses sit behind glass panels under flickering dead lights, so far gone they've forgotten they shouldn't be moving. They go on, existing, rationing out their emptiness into small even slivers, giving up their souls and collecting paychecks; breaking themselves so that the bloated ticks at the top can sip the sweetest juice fermented from their labours.

And here the city; look upon its works, ye mighty and despair; for the city is itself another mockery of life; it has its veins and arteries and a pulse squeezed from the raisin husks that no longer even have enough energy to die free, having given everything to someone else in the wasted hope that it would somehow pay dividends of hope and success. It festers and it rots, spreading contagion to the half-dead sleepers, creating cancers and calling it growth. The city feasts upon the poor, the wretched, those yearning to breath free, leaving behind empty eyes and sallow, sullen faces. The police, a badly outmatched immune system overwhelmed by the enormity and depth of the infection they face - too many have already fallen, worn down and worn out by what most regard as a fool's war.

I know this city. I know every pustule and boil on its diseased epidermis. I know every hard knot, every cancerous lump; every fracture in its central services through which people fall into oblivion and despair.

Here the worst parasites dwell, the pushers and the peddlers, promising forgetfulness - Styx in a bottle, a pill, a powder or a needle. Uncaring unknowing sex, whatever your preference, there's a flesh pit that has it and broken echoes of people in it to meet your too transient needs and leave you poorer, your real wants unfulfilled and your wallet lighter. Here too, are your entrepeneurs who would never even get a glance from the lobbyists of the cold granite and marble cysts that house the city's 'private sector'; the sweet-talkers and deal-makers ... all of which are armed and none of which are above taking an extra cut. A pound of flesh sells for more than you want to believe but less than you think it's worth, and the sellers here always know the going rate.

I know this city intimately, biblicaly, and in many other very personal and no doubt disturbing ways to think about. My oblivion comes in a tall glass; the cocktail dress is optional; by the time I'd be taking it off, I'm probably not seeing the real face of whomever I'm with that night, and this is probably a blessing - if I had to know these people, had to see and recognize their faces, I'd have to start caring about them. When you care, the city notices. You don't want the city to pay attention to you - it never ends well.

I know this city and I know that it will be the end of me, probably sooner rather than later. Maybe this is a mercy too. Better to go full of piss and vinegar than just piss, alone in a tenement choking on your own bile and bitter lost memories.

Once, twice, three times, I strain myself through a shotglass full of something dark and peppery that makes enough of the world and the past go away that I can function. Then it's out once more, into the plaguelands.

(Eldritch Knight)

Dirk Kris
2009-09-06, 08:20 AM
Celeste was a nice girl deep down. She really was. Hard times, the Great Depression, and two dead ex-husbands had forced her into this life she now led. She hurried down the street, her head down, her long auburn hair blowing with the breeze of her passage. She kept a hand at her throat, hiding the long scar there - a gift from her first husband. It was why she'd killed him.

With the economy booming recently, the phone in Celeste's place had been ringing fairly steadily. Some men wanted a date, others a quick encounter in a dark room, yet others wanted the things their wives wouldn't give them. She'd done a few couples - unheard of! - and some parties, but her rules for those times were different from the services she normally offered. More rigid, defined. After all, a girl had to look out for herself in the big bad city. She thought of the last time she was with someone because she wanted to, because she liked them. He'd been a gangster - and she'd found out just in time. After spending an evening together, then another...and another...she'd woken up to the quiet click of a hammer being thumbed back. She'd hated the mess it had made when she'd cut his throat, but the cops got it cleaned up and even kept her name out of the papers - for a price, of course. She shuddered as she remembered the station's Christmas party.

But today the phone was quiet, and Celeste found her calendar open for the first time in...she blinked hard as she realized she couldn't remember how long it had been. Of course, she could have looked back, but in her line of work, that generally wasn't the best idea. She stood from her vanity table, long hair curled into loose ringlets and tied back with a thick white ribbon. She put on a dress to match it, and new heels she'd ordered from a catalog. Smiling at her reflection, she decided to head down to Lucky's for a drink.

((And random point at...Mountain Faerie.))

Trixie
2009-09-06, 08:52 AM
PirateMonk disrespects the kittens!

Also, for jumping new players. :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2009-09-06, 10:21 AM
Bayar, pending actual roleplay when I have a spare five seconds.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-06, 11:14 AM
This hidden bandwagon against Mountain Faerie seems suspicious...

Zar Peter
2009-09-06, 02:48 PM
Yesterday was better, yesterday he had a job. Well, being a parkkeeper might not have been the best of all jobs but it meant an monthly payment. And when you hint the local mafias to some interesting cars the monthly payment increased a bit. But now it was over. How could he know that this expensive car was owned by a nephew of one of the local godfathers? And how should he find another job, now that even the mafia let him go? Maybe it was time to leave the city. Maybe it was a mistake to come here at all.

Peter raised his head and took another sip of his beer.

No. I won’t end like my father. I WILL find my luck here in the city. There’s no going back. Tomorrow. Tomorrow will be better. For sure.

Zar Peter points at deathslayer7

EnrgeticPenguin
2009-09-06, 03:02 PM
Fleeing Coward, because bandwagons without a base seem to have been giving good results lately.(I.E. Classic)

DD the cookie monster Bandwagoning is wrong.

Dirk Kris
2009-09-06, 03:46 PM
Celeste comes into the bar, waving at the familiar faces. She orders herself a whiskey with a beer to chase it and sits near the morose-looking lad sipping at his beer. "Hey there. You look lonely - need a friend?"

Heroic
2009-09-06, 04:21 PM
Fleeing Coward for now

The Bookworm
2009-09-06, 04:52 PM
He calls himself heroic. But how can we be sure?

Zar Peter
2009-09-06, 04:52 PM
Celeste comes into the bar, waving at the familiar faces. She orders herself a whiskey with a beer to chase it and sits near the morose-looking lad sipping at his beer. "Hey there. You look lonely - need a friend?"

Peter, rouse up from his thoughts, looking at Celeste

You mean me? Do I look like I need a friend? Actually I don't believe in friends. There are no friends in the world. At least not in my world. There are talkers, listeners and betrayers. Actually, I think the first two categories belong to the last as well. But if you want to drink your beer with me I don't mind. I'm a good listener. I heard.

With a smile he points at a stool at his table

Dirk Kris
2009-09-06, 05:06 PM
Celeste smiles and makes her way over to the empty stool at the man's table. She extends a slender, pale hand to shake - or be kissed. "I know the feeling. It's why I rarely keep the same company for longer than a night or two." Oh, a hint as to her job. "But I'm a good listener, too, dear. Comes with the other part. And you wouldn't believe the things people will tell you after...a nice massage." She smiles coyly, running a finger around the rim of her whiskey glass.

Zar Peter
2009-09-06, 05:40 PM
Peter takes her hand and shakes it. A bit too strong, but just a bit.

Well, I believe you've heard a lot. I doubt my rubbish would be very interesting for a woman with your... experiences. And I doubt my purse would allow me to even think of an massage although it sounds very tempting. So, let's just pretend we are friends and talk about our interesting lives until you find someone who actually has the money to purchase your special skills.
Talking about me, I'm just freshly unemployed and searching for a new opportunity to get a job. Well, at first I have to drink away the frustration of being unemployed. I think the second step would be to stop drinking and actually looking for a new job but that's my plan for tomorrow. What are your plans for tomorrow?

He takes another sip of his beer and looks questioning into her eyes.

(well, and my plans for now are going to sleep. Don't expect an answer soon)

happyturtle
2009-09-06, 05:55 PM
Randomly Recaiden

Freshmeat
2009-09-06, 06:32 PM
*points at The Fiery Tower*
(I would RP a bit but I never bother continuing it after my third or fourth post in the game thread, so meh. :smallsigh:)

Hyozo
2009-09-06, 07:50 PM
I walk into Lucky's and look around. Nobody new, looks like I'll be buying my own drinks tonight. Fine by me. A few bucks out of my pocket is worth not needing to explain what happened to my arm once again. Pete seems to be in a grim mood, and he's talking to that [expelative voluntarily removed] Celeste, who is, no doubt, looking for a new customer. It's probably best not to get involved, so I get a stool farther away, and order the usual.

calar
2009-09-06, 09:08 PM
Opeth Freak, random point.

Lemming
2009-09-06, 10:14 PM
I point to Heroic, even though what happened in BR4 wasn't his fault. :smallredface:
I'll do some RPing once I've gotten some sleepz. <_<

Mountain_Faerie
2009-09-06, 10:41 PM
Faerie gazes out the window of their upstairs apartment. She pretends the sun is shining and imagines her mother's voice singing from the other room.

Her mother had the most gorgeous voice in town. She used to sing in the choir at the local cathedral. But now the doors were barred. People were too afraid to step foot in the chapel since the mafia had blown away all the priests. The only sacred place these days was a bar called Lucky's.

I guess it's hard to pull the trigger when you're soused on liquor.

If only Albert hadn't run from town. And Ganurath. They were her family. Her friend. Now she was all alone.

Her daydreaming (or nightmare, as it might be) was interrupted by wailing sounds (singing???) on the street. She opened her eyes and saw PhantomFox. She quickly retreated from the window in a feeble attempt to get away from the sound.

Jontom Xire
2009-09-07, 01:54 AM
It's day 1 and I just spent the first 30 minutes at work on this forum, so Murska.

Alarra
2009-09-07, 02:13 AM
Currently out of town, so no rp yet... *random point at PirateMonk*, just in case I don't get back to this thread before the day ends.

TFT
2009-09-07, 02:52 AM
Gonna get a quick point in on Alarra for getting a quick point in.

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-07, 03:19 AM
Finally, after 30 minutes of long walk through the streets, Freelance Detective Michael Opeth found his detination - Lucky's Bar.

Ah... Lucky's... If you're looking for a friend, 'friend', enemy, or just information - there's no better place in the whole city. Of course the last one wasn't an option this time. Every single person with 'knowledge and contacts' would kill him with laughter, if he would say, he's looking for a vampire. No, there's a reputation to keep, he'll do this by himself this time.

Without any more contemplation, Mike entered the bar. Typical atmosphere for a late afternoon. The main event for today was still unprepared, and most customers were people who just finished their job. Mike liked observing people in the bar. Not only to polish his observation and deduction skills. It was just fun sometimes, to see old customers, and what crazy things they were doing this time, or some complete newcomers, and their confused reaction. When you don't have a cash to buy one of those new thingies called 'TV', and newspapers were full of crap, you just got to do something.

But first things first. Opeth put of his hat and coat, and went toward the bartender - Lucky himself this time (he just loved his job) - to make his miserable world little less miserable, with a glass of fine Scotch.

"Well, well, well. Looks like the best detective in the city has visited me once again!"

"Spare my your irony Lucky, will you? And give me some scotch. Good scotch, not that crap you're used to give people. I'll pay, of course."

"Looking for information, huh?" Bartender took glass from the shelf, and began filling it with a fine whiskey.

"No. Not this time. I just want to have a good drink, that's it." Mike took his wallet.

"Bullcrap. You're actually paying me for it. You always drink on credit, or for some little job. You have to have a new case."

"Amazing deduction, boss. Ever considered being detective? Anyway... Yeah, I have a new case. But this time, I'm doing it alone, without anyone's help."

"Someone must have offered you a lot of cash, if you don't want to share it with your contacts."

"Again, I have to bow before your amazing detective skills, chief." Mike smiled a little, as he had now an excuse to not talk about vampires.

"Good luck then. All this cash will eventually get back to me anyway, so I'm not going to disturb you."

"Yeah. Thanks Lucky."

Opeth took his glass and turned around to see the whole bar. The first thing he noticed, was the beautiful Miss Celeste, and her lovely auburn hair. Mike used to spend a night or two with her. Of course, he didn't have cash for it, so the price was finding and catching some bastards, who cheated her with payment. Now she was giving her sweet eyes to... a Park Keeper Pete, if he recall correctly. He wasn't really sure, if Pete has any money to even think about Celeste's services, but she probably had some mysterious plan in her head, as always. Mike decided to enjoy the show from far distance, and took a little sip from his glass. After all, he payed far too much for this scotch, to empty it immediately, right?

Dirk Kris
2009-09-07, 07:22 AM
Peter takes her hand and shakes it. A bit too strong, but just a bit.

Well, I believe you've heard a lot. I doubt my rubbish would be very interesting for a woman with your... experiences. And I doubt my purse would allow me to even think of an massage although it sounds very tempting. So, let's just pretend we are friends and talk about our interesting lives until you find someone who actually has the money to purchase your special skills.
Talking about me, I'm just freshly unemployed and searching for a new opportunity to get a job. Well, at first I have to drink away the frustration of being unemployed. I think the second step would be to stop drinking and actually looking for a new job but that's my plan for tomorrow. What are your plans for tomorrow?

He takes another sip of his beer and looks questioning into her eyes.

(well, and my plans for now are going to sleep. Don't expect an answer soon)
Celeste chuckles quietly, a musical gurgle of laughter. "Like I said, we all need a friend sometimes. And believe it or not, it's not always about the money." She crosses her long legs and tucks some of her hair behind her ear and shrugs as she considers the lad's question. "Tomorrow? Well...nothing, actually. I get a two-day weekend all to myself. And who cares if it falls on Monday and Tuesday? Long as I'm breathing." She smiles. "Sorry to hear about your job. Times are changin' everywhere. But tell you what, I'll keep my ears open and let you know if I hear about anything, um...I didn't catch your name." Celeste's eyes casually glance about the room, and she smiles a bit when she sees Mike, her detective friend. If worse came to worse...meh, the man had earned a freebie for his work on her behalf.

Zar Peter
2009-09-07, 10:59 AM
Celeste chuckles quietly, a musical gurgle of laughter. "Like I said, we all need a friend sometimes. And believe it or not, it's not always about the money." She crosses her long legs and tucks some of her hair behind her ear and shrugs as she considers the lad's question. "Tomorrow? Well...nothing, actually. I get a two-day weekend all to myself. And who cares if it falls on Monday and Tuesday? Long as I'm breathing." She smiles. "Sorry to hear about your job. Times are changin' everywhere. But tell you what, I'll keep my ears open and let you know if I hear about anything, um...I didn't catch your name." Celeste's eyes casually glance about the room, and she smiles a bit when she sees Mike, her detective friend. If worse came to worse...meh, the man had earned a freebie for his work on her behalf.

You can call me Pete, nearly everybody here does. I think I didn't get your name, either. Thank you very much for looking for a job for me, although I must admit it will be hard. I think I made some enemies here in the quarter, maybe it's better to look uptown, or in the harbour. It's good to have a plan at least. If nothing else.

Dirk Kris
2009-09-07, 11:39 AM
"Celeste." She smiles and nods. "The docks can always use a pair of strong hands to help. Tell you what, Pete, I know a foreman down there named Mikey who does his best to stay out of the city's...other business. If you're looking to dodge someone, he'd be a good friend to have." She winks over at the detective - if he's worth his salt, he'll notice.

Irbis
2009-09-07, 12:02 PM
PirateMonk disrespects the kittens!

Yes, how PirateMonk cannot like the kittens? :smalleek:

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-07, 01:24 PM
Mike was somewhat puzzled, when the girl gave him a wink. Clearly an invitation... But for what reason? Yeah sure, he used to be a knight in shiny armor (only without a shiny armor, and with colt and self defense skills instead of a sword) when the situation demanded it, but Pete certainly didn't look like someone aggressive. Celeste's smile could also mean everything but danger.

Still with the glass of scotch in his hand, Mike approached Celeste's and Pete's table. Maybe just because of curiosity, and maybe because he was a sucker for women smile. Anyway, invitation is an invitation, right?

"Why hello there Celly." Detective smiled a little. "My trained eye tells me, you need my assistance. You don't look like a damsel in distress however. Something wrong?"

Guancyto
2009-09-07, 01:37 PM
PirateMonk. I just like pointing at him.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-07, 02:03 PM
Narrator note:
6 hours to the end of voting.

A couple of answers to PMs and questions.

Alpha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_wolf) Wolves in Mafia -
In Mafia, the roles were not chosen by the "Alpha". They were randomized. The team mates may or may not know each other, the players may or may not be experienced players. This is a random game.

But, my definition of the Alpha Wolf, per se, is the dominant or leader of the wolf pack. That's why I give each team a wolf that scries as a citizen, in addition to a Devil that scries as the Devil.

Since this is an exercise in teamwork, the narrators (there are two of us) don't care who sends in the "Kill" action as long as some one does from each team. It can be the same player, or a different player as long as the inputs come in.

Anyone can send in the Devil scry request from the wolf team, but we only send the result to the Devil. It's up to the devil to share to the team. If you have a weak Devil...

If the Devil dies, that team loses it's scry.

Another note:
The Fool's scry - we are going to make a minor change to the way the fool scries, it may or may not be "35%" accurate, but at the recommendation of older experienced players - I have a second randomized player/role spreadsheet for the Fool. There is only 1 scry that is guaranteed to be accurate - and that is the Scryer.

If this generates more questions, PM me and I'll answer on the board - unless you just want a PM.

Shadowcaller
2009-09-07, 02:25 PM
((The Fiery Tower I guess.))

Robert Blackletter
2009-09-07, 02:53 PM
Jason woke up in an unfamiliar room, dark and smelling faintly of mould. He looks over to see a pale, thin, scraffty young looking creature lying next to him. She smiles showing two small pointed fangs.
"Morning doll, I mmm... got to go, but I got your number so I call you later He said as he pulls on his jeans and black t-shirt with the slogan across the front - Maybe if this shirt is witty enough, someone will finally love me*

Anyway see you at the Pit tonight he shout as he almost ran out the door.

Dang I hate try try hards, yet it seem to be all that in the goth clubs these day. He said to himself as he deleted her number from his phone. He check his text messages to find out that Jodie wanted to meet him later at Luckys.

(oh and point at fin)

Dirk Kris
2009-09-07, 04:56 PM
Mike was somewhat puzzled, when the girl gave him a wink. Clearly an invitation... But for what reason? Yeah sure, he used to be a knight in shiny armor (only without a shiny armor, and with colt and self defense skills instead of a sword) when the situation demanded it, but Pete certainly didn't look like someone aggressive. Celeste's smile could also mean everything but danger.

Still with the glass of scotch in his hand, Mike approached Celeste's and Pete's table. Maybe just because of curiosity, and maybe because he was a sucker for women smile. Anyway, invitation is an invitation, right?

"Why hello there Celly." Detective smiled a little. "My trained eye tells me, you need my assistance. You don't look like a damsel in distress however. Something wrong?"
Celeste shakes her head, auburn hair swinging prettily about her pale face. "Not at all, darling. I was just wondering what you were doing waaaaaaaay over there instead of asking me what I was doing tonight." She smirks and brushes her hand against his. "As I recall, I still owe you for tracking down that thug who drugged me a few months back. You must've been laying low since then - I don't like to leave debts open." It's clearly an invitation, since this Pete fellow doesn't seem too interested.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-07, 06:40 PM
*Around* an hour for update.

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-07, 06:51 PM
"Lord Almighty! So actually you want to pay your debt? In the whole history of this city, I never heard of situation like that. Not that it's a bad thing of course..." Mike smiled under his nose, as Celeste gave him an obvious invitation for her 'plans for tonight'. His smile vanished however, when he remembered that he actually had plans for tonight. Plans for... A vampire hunt? Dear good, is someone crazy enough to miss a chance like that, for actually checking out completely impossible thing? Not Mike, that's for sure. It could wait. Vampires live for all eternity, aye?

"And why I didn't came immediately? Well, you were already talking with our dear park keeper here, so I didn't wanted to disturb you. Well, that would be just plain rude, isn't it?"

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-07, 08:00 PM
(Day 1 ends. Update coming. Feel free to send in inputs while the scene is written.)

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-07, 08:17 PM
In the great City, in 1930 a young woman from the Two Smaller Cities Across the River From Each other (let’s just call it the Two Smaller Cities) moved to the City in pursuit of an acting career. She left behind a best friend forever, a boyfriend, and her family.

A note must be made about her boyfriend from the Two Smaller Cities. He was a tough guy. He was one of those toothpick chewing, knife carrying, scarred, hoods with bulging arms and too much disposable income even though they don’t work during the day. He was connected. He had made his “bones” and “done 2 years standin’ on me head” because he wasn’t a “stoolie”.

The young woman did like to live it up. While in the City, she found a speakeasy quick and started hanging out with a new crowd. One guy – a connected guy – took her out and showed her the time of her life. She had a lot of fun with this new guy, who was almost exactly like the boyfriend – except the new guy was “here” and the old boyfriend was “back home.” She started seeing him regular.

She didn’t have anyone to talk in the City, to confess the good times too, so she wrote a letter to her best friend forever “back home”. She told her best friend EVERYTHING – the new guy’s name, what gang he was in… Details, times, dates, menus, movies, everything. She said how much she liked this new guy, but her “old flame” was back home, and although she’d eventually come back to him – well, he was “home” and she was in the City… and that’s just how it goes.

She did like the boy friend back home – but phones calls are SO expensive! And she felt a little guilty.

So she wrote a second letter to her old flame. She said she was having fun, getting auditions, and gave a complete update to her life… except didn’t mention the new guy.

When she sent the letters home… she made a mistake and put them in the wrong envelopes.

Oops. Too bad she didn’t notice.

A week goes by and the new guy (the connected guy in the City) gets a call from one of his best buddies (also in the City).

“Hey… I think a mistake’s been made. Get out of town, you didn’t hear it from me. Go fishing. But I just got a contract to put two bullets in the back of one of our crew. And I think you know who I’m talking about. Seems there’s this goil from the Two Smaller Cities that’s two timing a made man and he’s calling a marker in to have the guy down here rubbed out.”

The new guy pretended he never heard that conversation. He instead said “Hey, I’ve just moved to a new apartment. Come by #4 later tonight, I’ll be walking in around 9.

He then went outside and unscrewed the light-bulb over the door, and dropping it on the ground smashing it. Then he grabbed a violin case from his apartment with his Tommy Gun (http://www.myalcaponemuseum.com/id84.htm), 5 boxes of ammo and about $8,000 in cash and went deer hunting in Northern Minnesota. Alone.

His buddy the hitman came by that night at 8 when the sun came down. He waiting in the dark outside for his target to come by. The door to the apartment building was “blacker than a devil’s bedroom”, so he “couldn’t quite see clearly” when he gunned down the only guy coming home at 9:00 pm that night.

Piratemonk was (lynched) gunned down by “accident”. Piratemonk was a Citizen.

Night 1 Begins Now!
Night 1 Will end either in *about* 24-48 hours, or maybe earlier if we get the inputs in.
If the night does end early, the Day 2 will still last about the same length (minimum 48 hours).
So make with the inputs already.
Send to both myself and Vibrant. If you don’t send them to Vibrant, she’ll get upset. And she get’s even. Very even.

Dirk Kris
2009-09-08, 06:37 AM
"Lord Almighty! So actually you want to pay your debt? In the whole history of this city, I never heard of situation like that. Not that it's a bad thing of course..." Mike smiled under his nose, as Celeste gave him an obvious invitation for her 'plans for tonight'. His smile vanished however, when he remembered that he actually had plans for tonight. Plans for... A vampire hunt? Dear good, is someone crazy enough to miss a chance like that, for actually checking out completely impossible thing? Not Mike, that's for sure. It could wait. Vampires live for all eternity, aye?

"And why I didn't came immediately? Well, you were already talking with our dear park keeper here, so I didn't wanted to disturb you. Well, that would be just plain rude, isn't it?"
Celeste smiles coyly at the detective. "I'm not from the city. I grew up in a place where a man's - or woman's - word had some meaning. So when I say I'll pay ya back, I mean it." She tosses back the last of her whiskey and chases it with the last of her beer. Standing remarkably steady in her heels, she smiles at Mike, eye level with him. "Now, if you want, we can go back to my place and work something out. Whether you'd like cash or...to negotiate. Business has been good." She smiles, adjusting her scarf over the long white scar Mike knows is there. "In times of hardship, people won't give up their drinks, their smokes...or me." Nodding politely to Park Ranger Pete, she offers her arm to Mike. "It's been a pleasure, honey. I hope my friend can help ya out. Good luck." A friendly pat on his arm and she looks to her new escort home. "Ready when you are, Detective."

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-08, 10:57 AM
"Just a moment, Celly. I'll take my things, and we're good to go."

Mike smiled, and went again to the counter, finished his scotch, and took his coat and hat.

"Thanks Lucky. See you tomorrow!"

"A new 'case', huh?

"It's not really THAT important, you know..."

"So you're getting paid a lot, for not so important case... You're lying somewhere Mike, but I don't know where, and why..."

"Don't think about it too much. You'll get a headache."

"Yeah, whatever Mike... Have a good night."

"Oh, that's for sure :smallamused:"

Mike put on his hat, and after a bit of consideration, he decided to not wear a coat right now. No, it wasn't too hot outside, or anything. Sometimes though, a detective must look like a detective, and sometimes, detective must look like a cool guy.

"Ok, I'm back. Where was I? Ah yes... The night is still young, let's not waste it."

Looks like the night will be much more interesting, than he thought initially...

Dirk Kris
2009-09-08, 11:35 AM
Celeste smiles and takes Mike's arm to begin the longish walk to her apartment. She's set herself up on the outskirts of the city where she is less likely to attract attention - or be caught up in the occasional firefight that breaks out. She rests her head against the detective's shoulder. "So, where ya been, Mikey? I've missed your face." She chuckles quietly, but her words ring true. They've shared some good times together. "I was starting to worry that you might be sleeping with the fishes or something, that you'd uncovered something unpleasant under one of your turned-over rocks."

Zar Peter
2009-09-08, 12:18 PM
Peter watches the couple go.

Ah well, hope they have fun. There's far too less fun in this town. Where was I? Yes, getting drunk.

Lucky! Another beer please. And a scotch, too. I think I should fasten this thing.

Yes, a plan is a plan. It's good to have one.

And after the 6th beer and 4h scotch Peter staggered home to his trailer.

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 02:56 PM
((Eep! Just found this!
>_>
<_<))

A figure in a trenchcoat walks the streets by night. It doesn't seem to be doing much of anything other than wandering...and observing.

Supagoof
2009-09-08, 03:11 PM
Greg awoke with start. Rain was falling, dripping off the rooftops into the drainage pipes, flowing steadily into the gutters. Today's box was dripping wet, and starting to sag. The paper it was made of wouldn't last much longer, so it was time to move. Perhaps the subway would offer shelter tonight from the storms. Hopefully enough time to catch a nap before the cops came and shoed him away again. Sure, it was their job to keep vagrancy from pestering the city, but that didn't mean they'd have to enjoy it so much when they had the opportunity.

Greg climbed out of his cardboard cave. He grab his overcoat, the all too familiar stench of it reminding him of how far down the rabbit hole one can travel without anyone noticing. Still, at least the smell kept the kids from bothering him. They'd occasionally poke him with a stick while he slept, but a small groan usually got them to scamper away in fright rather quickly. At least the rain would wash some of the stink away. Nature's shower for the needy.

He put on his battered old cap and grabbed his knapsack of earthly possessions. A few ragged changes of clothes, some eating utensils, and the belt. Sure he'd probably get a pence or two for it, but it reminded him of happier days. Days when this city was his oyster, and he could take everything it threw at him.

As he shuffled off to the station, he saw a neighberhood gal, Molly, chatting up a stranger in a car. Time for her to go make a dime or two. By the looks of the car, it'd be only a dime this time. Some cheatin' fancy pants business man who had gotten away from his wife for a night. Probably told her he was working late in the city this evening. He was working allright, but it wasn't on the latest stock report. Molly noticed Greg walking by, and give him a quick wink before hopping into the car. "Don't be too nice to him Molly, and be safe" Greg thought as he traveled down the steps into the subway. Just his luck, an open bench and no copper in sight. Perhaps he would get some rest tonight after all.

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-08, 06:46 PM
Celeste smiles and takes Mike's arm to begin the longish walk to her apartment. She's set herself up on the outskirts of the city where she is less likely to attract attention - or be caught up in the occasional firefight that breaks out. She rests her head against the detective's shoulder. "So, where ya been, Mikey? I've missed your face." She chuckles quietly, but her words ring true. They've shared some good times together. "I was starting to worry that you might be sleeping with the fishes or something, that you'd uncovered something unpleasant under one of your turned-over rocks."

Mike chuckled a little, fifty percent theatrically and fifty percent seriously.

"Oh please, Celly... You really think THAT low about me? But seriously, I'm not really good at dying. Of course, losing the trail took some time. I changed apartment, bribed some people from Capone's either with lead, or cash if they were too 'untouchable'. In fact, I just got my first case today, after settling down again, and..."

Mike suddenly went silent. Yeah, way to go, Opeth. Tell her. Tell her, that you're now a Vampire Hunter of some sort. Go ahead, destroy your reputation.

Instead of continuing, Mike just took a look at the Moon and whispered silently "Yeah..."

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-08, 07:26 PM
End of Night 1!

The mists rose off the harbor like the fog of Hell itself, enveloping the City. Traffic was halted. The income at the speakeasies became non-existent – the City was shut down tonight.

Every so often a streetlight glowed eerily like a will-o-wisp in the fog – smears of light intermixed with the misty grey and black darkness.
Mostly the night was black – and malevolent.

The most hardened police officer was loathe to walk foot patrol this night – even with the flash lights and lanterns. For some reason the batteries all died, and the gas lanterns flamed only dimly – barely enough to light a cigarette much less show a clear path.

But that was ok, because with this suffocating fog, hardly anyone needed help. The first person to need assistance was Patrol Officer Shannon Kelly when he tripped over a curb and sprained his ankle. After limping to the station, and pounding on the door he was offered assistance up the stairs and sent home for the night. He’d be on desk duty for two weeks as he couldn’t even walk without a crutch.

The mist camouflaged beings that moved through the night. Shapeless forms of mist floated through, over buildings, around lamp posts, under doors, and out of closets.

One young woman, preparing for bed heard a tapping at her window – a surprise as she was on the fourth floor.

Looking out, there was nothing to see – except the fog.

Wait… there was something there. A note?

The note read… “Where is your lover? You may find him outside your door.”

Chilled, she ran through her apartment and threw open her front door – to see a cloaked figure standing a full head taller than herself…

She looked into his eyes…

“Mina… my Mina… come to me… come with me…”

Dominated by his eyes, she followed, she followed and bared her neck one last time…

The Lover - Mina (Hell Puppi) was found by Dracula. The Lover - Mina (Hell Puppi) was killed..

Start of Day 2!

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-08, 07:34 PM
(Night responses are being sent out... sorry - I have something going on right now. Give me about 20 minutes.)

Whew! Updates out, and house emergency over. Only 1 fatality.

Oh, by the way Day 2 will end in 48 hours.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 08:47 PM
All right. People, report in so we can find out who's been abducted.

UncleWolf
2009-09-08, 08:48 PM
I'm here. :smallsmile:

RedScholarGypsy
2009-09-08, 08:51 PM
I'm here; not abducted.

happyturtle
2009-09-08, 08:52 PM
*is not abducted*

EnrgeticPenguin
2009-09-08, 08:54 PM
Still here.

UncleWolf
2009-09-08, 08:59 PM
*is not abducted*

<.<

*absconds with*

Now you are! :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-09-08, 09:01 PM
*meep* :smallredface:

The Bookworm
2009-09-08, 09:02 PM
I'm here! Present!

Reinholdt
2009-09-08, 09:03 PM
Wolfbane for admittedly and publicly abducting someone.

UncleWolf
2009-09-08, 09:07 PM
Wolfbane for admittedly and publicly abducting someone.

sigh

The things I do for lust...:smallsigh::smalltongue:

RedScholarGypsy
2009-09-08, 09:16 PM
Reinholdt for interfering with lust:smalltongue:

Hell Puppi
2009-09-08, 09:38 PM
Awww...but I had a role and everything. :smallfrown:

Ah well at least I was deemed worthy enough to night-kill this game.:smalltongue:

Good luck team!

Lex-Kat
2009-09-08, 09:49 PM
Wolfbane, for abducting my mistress. :smallfrown:

UncleWolf
2009-09-08, 09:52 PM
Wolfbane, for abducting my mistress. :smallfrown:

Definitions of abscond on the Web:

* run away; usually includes taking something or somebody along; "The thief made off with our silver"; "the accountant absconded with the cash from ...

As you can see, I did not abduct her.:smallannoyed:

Helgraf
2009-09-08, 09:57 PM
((I'm alive))

Blood keeps the city's gears turning. Normally it's squeezed out slowly, eked from the walking dead in rations so small they don't even realize it's happening anymore. Drop by drop, papercuts, jagged bits of metal, and the miserable monthlies; all help keep the gears turning in this misery prison.

Sometimes, though, the city, like the dead, gets greedy. Last night, it drank its fill of thick rich vitae that flowed out of the cooling corpse of a man whose only mistake had been trusting someone.

Now, the city, flush with the kill, was beginning to wake; signals fired down long unusual channels ... a sensation began to build and spread out. It was weak and unfocused now, but this would change. Ironically, right now this energy would do much good - it stirred passion to life, sparked creativity, roused the blood to act. The art scene would be one to participate in for the next few days ... until the flow grew stronger again, and creativity began to be pushed aside for obsession and mania.

This has all happened before.

Tonight though, tonight something different. Tonight, the city moved to claim a second victim ... and a woman did die; but no blood fed the eager anticipating channels, as though some other source had dared to claim the city's prize.

This - this was new and different. And that meant trouble. It was time to find the sort of people who know about people, and squeeze them gently.

Into the cadaverous alleys that lead to the cancerous main arteries of the city. It was time to pay a visit to the Happy Turtle.

((Wolfbane)) ((Whatever))

Lex-Kat
2009-09-08, 09:59 PM
I'm sorry. My bad.

Wolfbane, for abducting absconding with my mistress. :smallfrown:

Deathslayer7
2009-09-08, 10:02 PM
lex-kat cause i know what wolfbane meant. :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-09-08, 10:03 PM
:smalleek:

Wow, tough crowd. One joke and suddenly I'm enemy number one. :smallfrown:

*is given an RP idea*

I'd say thanks, but then again, you all are pointing at me.

Eldritch Knight
2009-09-08, 10:06 PM
The Reverend, covered in his usual wide brimmed hat, walked out from his office in St. Lara's. He moved with an unsual purpose, wary of the darkness of this early morning.

Foul things move about in the night. Brimstone and Sulphur. The Legions of Hell have come to us this night, with the Devil himself at the head. Repent! Repent! for the time is near! They will destroy us all! He continues screaming past the point of incomprehensibility, merely pointing at Helgraf

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 10:06 PM
Helgraf for turning the silly Wolfbane point into a bandwagon.

Darkcomet
2009-09-08, 10:07 PM
...I want to point out that I had nothing to do with EK's point. :smalleek:

Because that was too fast...

Reinholdt
2009-09-08, 10:08 PM

Lies! You guys are clearly practicing for the synchronized WereWolf point-off this year.

Eldritch Knight
2009-09-08, 10:10 PM

Of course you didn't. Why? Because I'm only pointing at Helgraf because he pointed at me yesterday.

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 10:14 PM
Darkcomet, for protesting too much.

...DS, wanna play the half-ghost kids of our previous Mafia characters? :smalltongue:

Aemoh
2009-09-08, 10:21 PM
*points at Helgraf for the tie*

... really gotta stop doing that. And I will... maybe... someday... :smallamused:

Deathslayer7
2009-09-08, 10:45 PM
Sarah pokes _________ Wake up! She's poking BR. Why do you always sleep in? she asks pouting and crossing her arms.

calar
2009-09-08, 10:49 PM
Helgraf for the tie breaker. Oh, and "here".

The Bushranger
2009-09-08, 10:50 PM
John, who happens to be the one being poked, rolls over and tries to deflect said poking with a pillow. Because I spend all night - *yawn* - wandering around the streets trying to learn what makes the city tick?

Deathslayer7
2009-09-08, 10:53 PM
but why can't you do that during the day!? she whines.

UncleWolf
2009-09-08, 11:04 PM
Vinny groaned as he saw what little stock was left in his speak easy. He'd have to get more soon after today. Sighing, he opened the entrance and waited for his customers to arrive.

"Its gonna be one hell of a day..."

Mustiado
2009-09-09, 12:13 AM
--Down the nearest alley, a pile of newspapers shifts, revealing a dirty hand, clad in a fingerless glove. With a groan belying the stiffness in his joints, he pulled the newspaper covering his face away from his eyes, squinting into the early morning sunlight.

Another day.

Carefully collecting the paper he had set over himself to protect him from the elements and to keep some of his body heat in, he rummaged through his pockets until he found the half of a McDougald's sandwich he had cadged from a passing man yesterday. Munching the now cold beef substitute, he folded the paper and hid it behind his dumpster, making sure to cover the warmer pulp sections with the Sunday glossy. His housekeeping finished, the man formerly known as Jerry, now called Shiftless, ambled down the alleyway, headed towards his corner and his day's work. As he turned the corner, he glanced at the new apartment building, its sign announcing the new and illustrious visitors gathering there today for the dedication:
Alarra
Indurain
Kyohuen
Happyturtle
Murska
Helgraf...

The list seemed to go on and on, as if every notable in the city were going to be present. His normal routine abandoned, he quickly set up his cup and chair outside of the giant gate leading to the building, shaking his pre-set change against the thin metal walls of his money can. Today could be profitable.--

((I'm here, by the way. Getting in my 2nd day point))

Oddity
2009-09-09, 12:37 AM
Oddity was in no mood for work today. He had only just stumbled out of the bar he had been in for nearly 24 hours.
"Quick jog, shake it off, I'll be fine"
The problem for him was that he simply couldn't muster a walk, let alone the blindingly fast (for him) pace of a jog.
He stumbled with his head to the side, ending up in the midst of a busy street with cars all around.
"how YOU doin?"
Despite numerous attempts to dodge the intoxicated man in the center of the road, one of the cars, a big van in fact, met Oddity in the middle.
Sccrrreeeeaaaaccccchhhhhhh! Bang!
Oddity lay passed out in the middle of the road. He later woke up in hospital finding that the only thing he could remember was the logo on the side of the van (how he saw that from his perspective no one will know)
'Darkcomet astronomy research center'
"uhhh"

Helgraf
2009-09-09, 02:31 AM
Since people insist on trying to kill me in the game I love most, I'm changing my point to Darkcomet for a different form of self-preservation.

Since nobody has a real target, I don't see why bandwagoning me because other people followed my no-logic lead is a good idea. Hell, that's a great wolf tactic. Get a guy smeared by risking one or two of your own to bump his count and make him look like a wolf too.

Shadow
2009-09-09, 02:36 AM
Darkccomet for starting the whole annoying "chime in" crap that will turn this thread of wonderful RP (as it always is with Mafia) into an annoyance to read that's basically spam of "I'm here!"
&
For implying that Helgraf was starting a wagon when he wasn't.

(off to figure out who to play....)

banjo1985
2009-09-09, 03:50 AM
"Well I'm here."

A man stands in an alleyway, leaning against the wall, the shadows hiding his features. It seems this is where he's comfortable. He brings out a battered brown notebook and hums a dirge as he crosses off a couple of names in it.

"I'd advise against lynching Helgraf. This Darkcomet chap on the other hand...well maybe he had a hand in the lovely Mina's death. We won't know until he's hanging from the gallows in the cold stark light of day."

The man gives a rough cough that turns into a rather unpleasant laugh.

"Or another guy, I don't know. You know anyone particularly averse to garlic?"

((I wouldn't like to see Helgraf die in yet another game in thr first few days, especially in Mafia where I can happily sit back and just watch him roleplay. I've got nothing against Darkcomet, he's just the most convenient alternative. Another bandwagon is fine, even kill me if you have to, but not our former Mayor! Not yet!))

Selrahc
2009-09-09, 04:07 AM
Helgraf for some bandwagon evening.

Murska
2009-09-09, 04:23 AM
I'm alive. Darkcomet.

Jontom Xire
2009-09-09, 04:34 AM
I'm here. Point to come later.

Darkcomet
2009-09-09, 06:13 AM

What.

The.

Hell.

Checking to see who isn't abducted is a common practice. If you want to go out and lynch me for that, go ahead, but I won't be playing in these anymore if it gets me killed for stupid reasons like that. :smallmad:

Dirk Kris
2009-09-09, 06:21 AM
Mike chuckled a little, fifty percent theatrically and fifty percent seriously.

"Oh please, Celly... You really think THAT low about me? But seriously, I'm not really good at dying. Of course, losing the trail took some time. I changed apartment, bribed some people from Capone's either with lead, or cash if they were too 'untouchable'. In fact, I just got my first case today, after settling down again, and..."

Mike suddenly went silent. Yeah, way to go, Opeth. Tell her. Tell her, that you're now a Vampire Hunter of some sort. Go ahead, destroy your reputation.

Instead of continuing, Mike just took a look at the Moon and whispered silently "Yeah..."
((Alive and well, thanks.))
Celeste shrugged and didn't press Mike for any other details on his work. If he felt like talking about it, he would. And if he didn't - well, it was a comfortable pattern they had grown into together the past few years. They rounded a corner, and Celeste dug out her keys as he townhouse apartment came into view. As usual, she took a quick glance around to make sure no one was hanging around outside before unlocking the door. With an apologetic smile - one the detective was used to - she shoulders the door open. It tends to stick - fresh paint can't fix that. Inside, she turns on a few of her table lamps in the living room, the ones with the smoked orbs that give off just enough light that you don't run into the furniture. It could be used for mood lighting, or to hide the identity of her clients from prying eyes trying to peek inside. It's why she only brought people she KNEW here - and only at night. Heading over to her private bar, she poured herself a tumbler if whiskey and held up an empty glass for Mike. "Kick your shoes off and stay a while, Mikey. Pick your poison." From experience, the detective should know that she keeps only the finest stock in her place - she's got friends in speakeasy's all over town. Celeste smirks and raises an eyebrow. "And if you're feelin' frisky, go to the closet and pick me out something to wear." A lecherous wink.

((Oh, and Alarra.))

Fin
2009-09-09, 06:50 AM
Helgraf, because his 'I'm alive?' seems a bit fake...

Alarra
2009-09-09, 07:45 AM
Darkcomet, because I don't want Helgraf to die yet.

Kyouhen
2009-09-09, 08:07 AM
I've been abducted! Help!
*cough*

Aaaanyway, throwing my point at Shadow because I'm not entirely sure why this Darkcomet thing's started...

Fleeing Coward
2009-09-09, 08:30 AM
Still here, is Freshmeat here?

Jontom Xire
2009-09-09, 08:42 AM
Murska for the same reason as usual.

Freshmeat
2009-09-09, 08:53 AM
Still here, is Freshmeat here?

Apparently so, Herr FC.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-09-09, 09:28 AM
Helgraf, because DC shouldn't die for one instance of meta-gaming.

If there is a strong support against in-thread role calls, then let's break off into groups of 5 and pm each other every time there's an abduction. Keeps the strategy without interfering with the rping. 1-5 on the player list post 1 pm each other, 6-10, and so on. Agreed everyone? Violators will be bandwagoned:smallbiggrin:.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-09, 09:32 AM
(I'm not influencing any votes here, but roll calls are legal. But so is extensive role-playing.)

Murska
2009-09-09, 09:33 AM
I don't have a real reason for pointing at Darkcomet just like I don't have a reason to point at Helgraf. But I remember Helgraf died recently in some game while Darkcomet tends to not get lynched early very often.

EnrgeticPenguin
2009-09-09, 10:17 AM
shadow, bandwagoning is scummy!

Hyozo
2009-09-09, 10:21 AM
I agree with Murska.

Bayar
2009-09-09, 10:30 AM
Still here.

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-09, 11:21 AM
((Alive and well, thanks.))
Celeste shrugged and didn't press Mike for any other details on his work. If he felt like talking about it, he would. And if he didn't - well, it was a comfortable pattern they had grown into together the past few years. They rounded a corner, and Celeste dug out her keys as he townhouse apartment came into view. As usual, she took a quick glance around to make sure no one was hanging around outside before unlocking the door. With an apologetic smile - one the detective was used to - she shoulders the door open. It tends to stick - fresh paint can't fix that. Inside, she turns on a few of her table lamps in the living room, the ones with the smoked orbs that give off just enough light that you don't run into the furniture. It could be used for mood lighting, or to hide the identity of her clients from prying eyes trying to peek inside. It's why she only brought people she KNEW here - and only at night. Heading over to her private bar, she poured herself a tumbler if whiskey and held up an empty glass for Mike. "Kick your shoes off and stay a while, Mikey. Pick your poison." From experience, the detective should know that she keeps only the finest stock in her place - she's got friends in speakeasy's all over town. Celeste smirks and raises an eyebrow. "And if you're feelin' frisky, go to the closet and pick me out something to wear." A lecherous wink.

Mike sure was glad, that Celeste didn't catch up the topic. Better for them both, and for their plan for tonight.

Finally, they entered Cellie's apartment. Mike knew this place pretty well, and he didn't have any problem with navigating through the dark room. He took of his shoes, and put his coat on a nearby chair. Meanwhile, Celeste took two glasses from her private bar of very good alcohol. She also gave him another proposal, about choosing the clothing for her. Mike smiled a little.

"Tempting, very tempting... I think, I'll actually let you do it yourself, though. I had so many unpleasant surprises in last two weeks, that I would like to have a pleasant one, this time. Also, I began the evening with a scotch, so I'll gladly take another glass. I was never really fan of mixing alcohol."

((Still here. Murska, for the third wagon!))

Lex-Kat
2009-09-09, 11:24 AM
Oh heck, Helgraf. Sowwy. :smallfrown:

happyturtle
2009-09-09, 11:30 AM
A smexy guy absconded with me, and Reinholdt thought that was a bad thing? :smallwink:

Reinholdt
2009-09-09, 11:31 AM
A smexy guy absconded with me, and Reinholdt thought that was a bad thing? :smallwink:
Indeed. *holds up anti-playa posters*

Dirk Kris
2009-09-09, 12:01 PM
Mike sure was glad, that Celeste didn't catch up the topic. Better for them both, and for their plan for tonight.

Finally, they entered Cellie's apartment. Mike knew this place pretty well, and he didn't have any problem with navigating through the dark room. He took of his shoes, and put his coat on a nearby chair. Meanwhile, Celeste took two glasses from her private bar of very good alcohol. She also gave him another proposal, about choosing the clothing for her. Mike smiled a little.

"Tempting, very tempting... I think, I'll actually let you do it yourself, though. I had so many unpleasant surprises in last two weeks, that I would like to have a pleasant one, this time. Also, I began the evening with a scotch, so I'll gladly take another glass. I was never really fan of mixing alcohol."

((Still here. Murska, for the third wagon!))
Celeste smiles and nods as she pours the scotch. "Of course. Your order never changes." She brings it over to Mike, trailing her fingertips up his arm and shoulder once he takes the glass from her hand. "I'll be right back." Celeste disappears into her bedroom for a few minutes, then returns, her hair freshly curled, and wearing a sheer black nightgown that hugs her bosom and then flows loose. A long slit runs up the middle of the dress, allowing plenty of her milky white thighs to show. She leans against the doorway, toying with the matching black scarf around her neck. "Alright, detective. You tracked me down. But come on, do you really think I'm a bad, bad girl?" She grins, remembering the fun they had the last time they acted out this little fantasy. Of course, if Mike had that much fun at work, he likely wouldn't visit her anymore.

((Random at happyturtle.))

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 12:02 PM
but why can't you do that during the day!? she whines.

Because the city only really lived at night. You know that as well as I do, Dad told us both that. John smirks. Seems it only stuck with me, though.

Supagoof
2009-09-09, 12:16 PM
Greg awoke with the sound of the 8:15 rolling on by. He sat up, joints stiff from laying on the hard bench all night. The timing was perfect, as just then he heard the whistle from the cop who was just coming down the west stairs.

Stop right there you bum!

Time to get out of here. Fortunately a crowd coming off the line made it easy for Greg to get up and walk away. As the young copper fought to get pass the rush, Greg went up the east stairs.

Reaching the top, he saw a fellow travelor of the money-less club perched up with his cup and change against the wall. Mustiado looked like he was all set for the day, but he made the mistake of setting up shop on Greg's street. If Greg had any energy he'd have done something about it, but for now he was going to head to the shelter to see if they had any soup. Then he'd come back, and the bum fight would start.

Hyozo
2009-09-09, 12:33 PM

$100 on Greg winning the bum fight. :smalltongue:

Mustiado
2009-09-09, 01:03 PM
--Shiftless cocked his head around the brick pillar he was set up against, observing the ruckus being brought down the street. Another vagabond seemed to be avoiding the long arm of the law. He chuckled when he saw the angry gleam in the man's eye. He knew the type, marking his territory as an animal would. Well, what would be would be.

"Hey man, that cop's going to be around the corner any second. Hop the wall here and take a breather. I'll throw him off your tail." Shiftless grinned at him, his rotting teeth standing like an uneven line of broken down fence posts.--

Guancyto
2009-09-09, 01:04 PM
Let's go with Reinholdt. Don't be a playa hayta.

Hyozo
2009-09-09, 01:06 PM
Let's go with Reinholdt. Don't be a playa hayta.

Doesn't that translate to "don't hate Reinholdt"?

Shadow
2009-09-09, 01:10 PM
Checking to see who isn't abducted is a common practice. If you want to go out and lynch me for that, go ahead, but I won't be playing in these anymore if it gets me killed for stupid reasons like that. :smallmad:

We'll figure out who was abducted as soon as they post. Or not.
But that's just my opinion.

whitehelm
2009-09-09, 01:11 PM
Darkcomet to fight the Helgraf bandwagon

PhantomFox
2009-09-09, 01:29 PM
Bayar unless I get any better ideas.

Guancyto
2009-09-09, 01:29 PM
Doesn't that translate to "don't hate Reinholdt"?

Maybe! tencharacters

Zar Peter
2009-09-09, 03:35 PM
The pain was immense. Every root of every hair seemed to send their S.O.S to every braincell still sober enough to react. Peter woke up. And searched for some painkillers. It didn’t matter that he smashed half the contents of the cabinet. Finally, he found what he looked for. Than he lost it again, the white little pill slipped off his shaking hands under the couch. A bit of searching, a bit of cleaning and than down with it. And a second, just to make sure. And now to find a place where he could lay his head till the pouning stops. Or gets bearable.

He woke up the second time this day, head on the floor, body on the couch. It wasn’t a very comfy position but it seemed to be the best when he slept away. He looked at his watch. 10:37. Time enough. Brush your tooth, get shaved, get dressed. Drink a coffee. Drink a second coffee Visit the toilet, brush your tooth again and then the third coffee. Try to find something you can train your teeth with. Well, old bread isn’t bad for this purpose. He took his coat and went outside. It still was cold but that was a relief for his head.

And now he headed to the harbour. On the way there he found a newspaper describing the events last day. He read it and smiled.

A ship crashed into the dock. Cops everywhere. And the harbour is traditional Mafia territiory. Well, could be my lucky day, there might be a job or two that are incidentally free. I need a plan for the evening. Celebrating a new job at Luckys. Sounds good.

((Point at Aemoh))

The Bushranger
2009-09-09, 04:00 PM
Hm. Upon further consideration, I'll point at Wolfbane.

I mean, 'Wolf' is right there in his name! What more do you want? :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-09-09, 04:04 PM
Okay... really guys, pointing at Darkcomet for asking for a roll call is sort of... meh in my opinion. If he hadn't beaten me to it, I would have done the same thing.

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-09, 04:15 PM
Celeste smiles and nods as she pours the scotch. "Of course. Your order never changes." She brings it over to Mike, trailing her fingertips up his arm and shoulder once he takes the glass from her hand. "I'll be right back." Celeste disappears into her bedroom for a few minutes, then returns, her hair freshly curled, and wearing a sheer black nightgown that hugs her bosom and then flows loose. A long slit runs up the middle of the dress, allowing plenty of her milky white thighs to show. She leans against the doorway, toying with the matching black scarf around her neck. "Alright, detective. You tracked me down. But come on, do you really think I'm a bad, bad girl?" She grins, remembering the fun they had the last time they acted out this little fantasy. Of course, if Mike had that much fun at work, he likely wouldn't visit her anymore.

For a few minutes, Mike was sitting all alone with only his thoughts and a glass of scotch. Was he really doing the right thing? He should be in work right now. Yeah, sure it sounded ridiculous, but for some reason, Mike was still bothered by it.

Fortunately for him, all his doubt went away in a second, when Celeste appeared again. Mike couldn't help, but whistle in amusement, as he saw her. Looks like she was ready for another round of 'Detective vs Suspect' game, the used to play last time.

"Well, I guess it's time to go to work again..." Mike smiled, and put on his hat on to have a more professional and nonchalant look at once.

Miss Celeste, as much as I would want to deny it, yes you are a bad girl. All the evidence and clues are indicating that.

Michael began to slowly approaching the girl. His voice was still perfectly calm.

"And now, you're cornered. I humbly suggest to give up. Resistance is futile"

Few steps more, and Mike was already beside the girl.

"I would also recommend, to not pull that tricks you were using last time. I learned several new self-defense moves, so you cannot even hope to win this time..."

More careful ear would have also hear a slight dose of challenge in those last words. Oh yes, it's gonna be interesting night, indeed.

cd4
2009-09-09, 04:23 PM
The harbour master wasn’t having a good day, the new ship was still there causing more havoc with his timetables, the protection around the Oregon was making the workers unloading the other ships nervous and slow, several had resigned due to the deaths last night and now this murder by two piercings of the neck. A new killer seems to be in town, probably studied vampires and is pretending to be one.

(Oh and point at darkcomet to keep the bandwagons even)

happyturtle
2009-09-09, 04:27 PM
Wolfbane tells me that he's never been lynched in a werewolf game.

banjo1985
2009-09-09, 04:54 PM
Okay... really guys, pointing at Darkcomet for asking for a roll call is sort of... meh in my opinion. If he hadn't beaten me to it, I would have done the same thing.

To be honest, that's not the reason for most people's points, it's because Helgraf is the only other realistic alternative. He's been lynched/killed aheck of a lot recently, and I think he deserves a chance.

Darkcomet
2009-09-09, 04:57 PM
I believe Wolfbane is a viable alternative.

What?

He asked.

UncleWolf
2009-09-09, 04:59 PM

Its true. I've almost been, but never yet. :smalltongue:

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-09, 05:08 PM
((Oh, and ******.))

Make sure you cross out your old votes if you change them.

Mordokai
2009-09-09, 05:30 PM
He came to this city long ago. So long ago... what has it been, five years? Maybe even ten? It didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore. Nothing but the bottle. And he kept that one close...

He came here with a vision of dreams coming true, of glory and success, money and women... you know, all the things that mean something to a healty young guy like himself. He was the best in his class, flying marks and everything. Teacher's pet, never get in trouble. The future was what he would make if for himself. He could go anywhere, New York, Los Angeles... every location was opened to him! Instead, he decided to go to the City. Why? Youthful exuberance, one would guess. A wish to make world a better place. How stupid he was.

Soon after arriving to the City he figured out it wouldn't be easy. Hell, it would be damn hard, in fact. But something like that wouldn't turn him away easily. Or so he thought...

After his car got blown up, his apartment sacked and his cat nailed to a trashcan, it slowly started to dawn on him that somebody is trying to tell him something. By then, his altruism was starting to wane. But he wouldn't give up so easily.

It took a good beating to do that. After that, he was a new man. Sadly, not in good way. The wounds healed, for sure, but the pain stayed right there, gnawing at him. In just few weeks, the successful career went down to the ditch and he followed soon after. He started drinking and wasn't holding back. He tried to found a relieve of his shame and pain in the depths of the bottle, but it didn't work. The booze drove the bad memories away for the night, but they were back in the morning and they were there to stay. And thus began the circle... before long, he lost his job, was thrown out of the apartment and now he was here, on the street, like a last beggar.

To think, I was once proud of myself...

He swinged his bottle once again and looked at his watch, one of the last possesion still his.

Happy birthday to myself. It can't be any worse than this.

((Supagoof))

Harley
2009-09-09, 06:40 PM
Hyozo.....

evnafets
2009-09-09, 06:45 PM
The neon bulb flicker was distracting again. Just a constant plinking in the background as it flickered on and off trying its hardest to do its job, but ultimately just creating more annoyance than benefit.

Just like my life.

Again I tried to focus on the figures in front of me, but the numbers just started a quick foxtrot across the page as I tried to get them to behave.

Sigh.

Too many long days. Too many late nights. My brain wasn't working as it should have been. I should've known that this would have been the time that life would decide to lay its greatest trial on me.

There were two obvious options before me. And both of them just screamed wrong. I sighed and continued wrestling - surely something should make sense here?

-----

I don't like either bandwagon option right now.
Most people pointing at Darkcomet are just doing so because he's not Helgraf.
There were four people involved in yesterday's 'accidental' shooting: Alarra, Geesi, Irbis, Trixie

evnafets points at Geesi

Mountain_Faerie
2009-09-09, 07:08 PM
As the day dragged on, Faerie decided it was time to open the shop.

I haven't had any business in forever. I'd even wash that guy, Greg's clothes if I thought it would bring more people in the shop. Maybe I should have a homeless wash-a-thon. See if I can drum up a little business around the place.

Faerie digs in the cabinets and begins hanging abandoned clothes.

I wonder how much of this stuff was left by people splitting town and how much was left by people 6 feet under.

She shutters. :smalleek:

As she hangs the clothes in the window next to the thrift sign, she spies Geesi walking past the window in a rush. Eyes down, hands in pockets... looks suspicious.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-09, 08:11 PM
(This is not an autolynch warning

I don't usually warn for autolynches, but double check my list of those that haven't voted today (some of which are on my list for autolynch):

Have not voted today (and am unaware if away):
Bayar
Billtodamax
DD the Cookiemonster
Eaglewiz
Elder Tsofu
Gothicbob
Helgraf
Heroic
Irbis
Lemming
Philistine
Recaiden
Shadowcaller
The Bookworm
The Fiery Tower
ThePhantom
Thufir
Trixie
Uncle Festy
Wolfbane

Thanks!)

UncleWolf
2009-09-09, 08:16 PM
Oh, thanks, I forgot.

Helgraf, sorry, but I need to stay behind on points.

Darkcomet
2009-09-09, 08:23 PM
Gah! Wolf, you asked!

Switching back to Helgraf again to save my hide. If trying to help gets me killed... *sigh*

UncleWolf
2009-09-09, 08:24 PM
Gah! Wolf, you asked!

Switching back to Helgraf again to save my hide. If trying to help gets me killed... *sigh*

Oh, I never said stop pointing at me. Go right ahead, no problem from me. But I at least need to point.

Uncle Festy
2009-09-09, 09:00 PM

I don't usually warn for autolynches, but double check my list of those that haven't voted today (some of which are on my list for autolynch):

Bayar
Billtodamax
DD the Cookiemonster
Eaglewiz
Elder Tsofu
Gothicbob
Helgraf
Heroic
Irbis
Lemming
Philistine
Recaiden
Shadowcaller
The Bookworm
The Fiery Tower
ThePhantom
Thufir
Trixie
Uncle Festy
Wolfbane

Thanks!)

… whoops.
Wolfbane, will catch up shortly.
Thanks Lex. :smallsmile:

Deathslayer7
2009-09-09, 09:29 PM
Because the city only really lived at night. You know that as well as I do, Dad told us both that. John smirks. Seems it only stuck with me, though.

was this before or after he died? she asked, the sarcasm in her voice easily heard.

The Bookworm
2009-09-09, 09:51 PM
Deathslayer7. I stare death in the face.

Lemming
2009-09-09, 10:17 PM
Whew, managed to get on just in time. :smallsigh:
Stupid hectic schedule. :smallannoyed:

Anyway, Wolfbane seems to be popular. :smalltongue:

Heroic
2009-09-09, 10:29 PM
Ooohh sorry... Hyozo

UncleWolf
2009-09-09, 11:40 PM
Vinny looks at the crowd in his bar and nods towards the band. Now, here is a little song for a certain ladies-cat in our listening audience. I hope you like it. He announces.

The band starts to play...
Black and orange stray cat sittin' on a fence
Ain't got enough dough to pay the rent
I'm flat broke but I don't care
I strut right by with my tail in the air

Stray cat strut, I'm a ladies' cat,
A feline Casanova, hey man, thats where its at
Get a shoe thrown at me from a mean old man
Get my dinner from a garbage can

I don't bother chasing mice around
I slink down the alley way looking for a fight
Howling to the moonlight on a hot summer night
Singin' the blues while the lady cats cry,
Wild stray cat, you're a real gone guy.
I wish I could be as carefree and wild,
but I got cat class and I got cat style.

I don't bother chasing mice around
I slink down the alley way looking for a fight
Howling to the moonlight on a hot summer night
Singin' the blues while the lady cats cry,
Wild stray cat, you're a real gone guy.
I wish I could be as carefree and wild,
but I got cat class and I got cat style.

:smalltongue:

Philistine
2009-09-10, 12:37 AM
Pip yawns and stretches as the new day's light burns off the fog. Sleeping rough is nothing new for the barnstormer, although usually it was because he'd run out of daylight in the middle of nowhere and had to put down miles from the nearest human habitation. He hadn't had any luck yesterday trying to hire a truck and driver to haul the wreck off to a proper airfield where she might be put right again, and he's reminded of why he hates the big cities so much. People here just aren't impressed by flight anymore. They didn't even notice when an airplane crashed right in their backyard! Of course, there had been some kind of commotion at the docks yesterday. He hadn't been able to find out what it was, but something odd must have happened to have attracted such a crowd - dockworkers, beat cops, and some who looked like fat cat business owners, and local politicians - and kept them all standing around until the shadows grew long. Hoping that whatever it was will be over today, releasing people to get on with their business, he crosses the open ground of the park toward the dockside warehouses once again.

He's in luck today - there's an open-bed hauler sitting outside the second warehouse from the end, the driver and an assistant leaning against the hood and smoking a cigarette as they wait for the workday to begin. It takes only a few minutes to negotiate a price for the haulers to transport Pip and his aircraft to the nearest airfield, and as they load the broken pieces of the plane onto the truck bed, Pip asks the two men about the previous day's excitement. He's disappointed, but not surprised, to find that neither of the two ever got a good look at anything but other members of the crowd, and that rumors had been flying so fast and thick that it's not possible to tell which (if any) are true: the only thing that seems certain is that whatever happened, it had something to do with the Capone mob. Another reason to stay away from the big cities - too bad I'm gonna be stuck in this one for a while, Pip thinks disgustedly.

At the airfield, the wreck is unloaded from the truck, and Pip pays the haulers and sends them on their way - the two men all but cackling with glee at having made a week's wages in a single morning of mostly light labor. Together with a local mechanic, he then looks over the Jenny in detail and comes face to face with what he should have realized from the start: his aircraft will never fly again. He's out of business. The mechanic gives him a surprisingly generous sum for any spares that can be stripped from the remains, then points him in the direction of a friendly flophouse and (more importantly, in Pip's present state of mind) a speakeasy: Lucky's.

A short cab ride later, Pip stumbles through Lucky's door. He's tall and rail-thin, and appears to be in his early or middle thirties. He's got some serious bruising on his face from the previous day's crash, and is definitely favoring his left leg when he walks. Moving as if in a trance, he takes a seat at the bar. "Bourbon," he says quietly, then a moment later adds, "A double." Now, for the first time since entering the speakeasy, he shows some semblance of animation as he says, "In the olden days, they used to say that comets were a bad omen. You know that? Kings dying, crops failing, plague spreading - all blamed on comets. Well, there must have been a real Darkcomet in the sky yesterday, I tell you."

billtodamax
2009-09-10, 01:37 AM
Gah! Philistine. Thanks Lex!

Alarra
2009-09-10, 01:38 AM
She stepped out of the cab. An oppressive blanket of clouds had leached the last vestiges of color from the already drab and lifeless block of buildings. A shiver traveled the length of her spine, a full second or more before a chill wind tore her jacket open. She clutched at it wildly, while her other hand pinned a nearly escaped hat to the side of her curls. In her agitation, she lost her grip on the battered leather case she carried. The catch sprang open almost before it had hit the ground. Muttering several words certainly unbefitting the educated young woman that she was, she abandoned the hat in pursuit of the elusive and important papers that were now blowing in every direction.

Perfect. She thought. She wondered for probably the thousandth time since leaving the university if she had made the right decision. She could still hear the students mocking her research, questioning her right to even attend the university. They'd harassed her over her gender and her parentage, though their favorite taunts always revolved around the fact that she was researching something that didn't exist.

Stomping on the last wayward paper, she straightened her spine and walked toward her new apartment with a rekindled sense of resolve. I've endured their insults for nearly three years now. I'm certainly not going to let them make me question myself now. And I'm here. She looked around at the crumbling facades, the drifts of trash collecting at the edges of the street. For whatever that's worth.

Elder Tsofu
2009-09-10, 02:00 AM
Tsofu walks down the street after a day in the park, he's not sure why but he have the nagging feeling of being observed.
He looks up and sees a large poster.
It features a large man in businesslike attire (and for some reason a horned helmet) pointing at him and saying:
You've got the vote, use it!

Ah, he'd forgot about the election.
Thinking of the candidates only Darkcomet seem to have the stamina to be the winner - and Tsofu likes to be in the winning camp.

Helgraf
2009-09-10, 02:05 AM

Bayar
Billtodamax
DD the Cookiemonster
Eaglewiz
Elder Tsofu
Gothicbob
Helgraf
Heroic
Irbis
Lemming
Philistine
Recaiden
Shadowcaller
The Bookworm
The Fiery Tower
ThePhantom
Thufir
Trixie
Uncle Festy
Wolfbane

Thanks!)

Err, I pointed at Darkcomet after cancelling my initial point.

Shadowcaller
2009-09-10, 03:21 AM

Bayar
Billtodamax
DD the Cookiemonster
Eaglewiz
Elder Tsofu
Gothicbob
Helgraf
Heroic
Irbis
Lemming
Philistine
Recaiden
Shadowcaller
The Bookworm
The Fiery Tower
ThePhantom
Thufir
Trixie
Uncle Festy
Wolfbane

Thanks!)

((Uhh... I voted last day too.))

Darkcomet
2009-09-10, 06:32 AM

I give up. One of the few times I try to actively be helpful and I get lynched for it. I'm out, do as you like. :annoyed:

Dirk Kris
2009-09-10, 06:43 AM
For a few minutes, Mike was sitting all alone with only his thoughts and a glass of scotch. Was he really doing the right thing? He should be in work right now. Yeah, sure it sounded ridiculous, but for some reason, Mike was still bothered by it.

Fortunately for him, all his doubt went away in a second, when Celeste appeared again. Mike couldn't help, but whistle in amusement, as he saw her. Looks like she was ready for another round of 'Detective vs Suspect' game, the used to play last time.

"Well, I guess it's time to go to work again..." Mike smiled, and put on his hat on to have a more professional and nonchalant look at once.

Miss Celeste, as much as I would want to deny it, yes you are a bad girl. All the evidence and clues are indicating that.

Michael began to slowly approaching the girl. His voice was still perfectly calm.

"And now, you're cornered. I humbly suggest to give up. Resistance is futile"

Few steps more, and Mike was already beside the girl.

"I would also recommend, to not pull that tricks you were using last time. I learned several new self-defense moves, so you cannot even hope to win this time..."

More careful ear would have also hear a slight dose of challenge in those last words. Oh yes, it's gonna be interesting night, indeed.
Celeste smiles and innocently holds her empty hands up. "Me, resist? Now why would I do a thing like that? All the same, Detective, I imagine you run across a lot of liars in your world. Maybe you'd better frisk me and make sure I don't have any weapons...hidden on me." Though in that gown, he can clearly see that she doesn't. "I'll cooperate." She smiles and leans forward to place a light, teasing kiss on his lips, grabbing one of his hands and placing it on her side before stepping closer. "I'll cooperate even if it takes all night, Detective Opeth."

Bayar
2009-09-10, 07:14 AM
Wolfbane, since he pointed at me in Memesville II.

banjo1985
2009-09-10, 07:19 AM
Wolfbane then.

Robert Blackletter
2009-09-10, 07:59 AM
Helgraf filllllllllllllllllllllllera

Zar Peter
2009-09-10, 09:54 AM
I don't want Helgraf to die for roleplay and I don't want Darkcomet die because he wanted to help the city so I change my point to Wolfbane

Thufir
2009-09-10, 10:38 AM
Curse my lack of internet access in my own house!
Random point Bayar because this computer cluster closes in 5 minutes.

Lex-Kat
2009-09-10, 12:14 PM
I'll go back to Wolfbane.

The Bushranger
2009-09-10, 12:56 PM
was this before or after he died? she asked, the sarcasm in her voice easily heard.

After, seeing as that's only how we knew him. John lets the sarcasm roll off him like water off a duck's back, then smirks and tosses a pillow at his sister's face!

ThePhantom
2009-09-10, 01:17 PM
Jonny stands in the office of Todd Rose, CEO of Upways.

"So, Mr. Franklin, you have worked for me for about a year now?"

"Yes, sir."

"I see. And it that time you have been loyal, and a fine worker."

"Thank you, sir."

"That's why I'm giving you the funds and permision to open another Upways in the city. Congratutions."

"Thank you very much sir. I'll get on it right way sir."

Johnny runs out of Mr. Rose's office.

"I hope you do a good job, Mr. Franklin. And that you hire people who know their sandwiche meats from Wolfbane."

EagleWiz
2009-09-10, 01:44 PM
Wolfbane it is.

UncleWolf
2009-09-10, 01:50 PM
Okay... the entire trying to lynch me thing has gotten way too out of hand. Trust me, while it is fun and all, I'm a good guy and have a network. Yes, you are right if you are drawing a certain conclusion that starts with "M" and ends in "-ason". Baner, Seer, if you could contact us, that would be great. Of course, I don't mind if the Seer scried me first to make sure. It'd be a great help.

Mordokai
2009-09-10, 01:53 PM
Well, in that case... Darkcomet?

happyturtle
2009-09-10, 01:54 PM
Bad doggy. :smallannoyed:

Why did you feed the wagon anyway?

Darkcomet I guess.

Lex-Kat
2009-09-10, 04:09 PM
Gee Wolfbane. I don't know if I can trust that information. :smallannoyed:

UncleWolf
2009-09-10, 04:19 PM
I understand if you can't trust me, but I really am speaking (or typing anyways), the truth about this. I still like to think that there is a little trust though.

happyturtle
2009-09-10, 04:27 PM
It's not so much that there's trust as that there's plenty of time for the masons to let us know if you're lying. If this were endgame and you claimed to be the last mason, I wouldn't believe it for a second.

Lex-Kat
2009-09-10, 04:30 PM
Don't matter to me. I already switched my point, what.... 3 times? Not gonna do it again. Sorry.

But not to worry. By my count, you've guaranteed a DeeCee lynch.

UncleWolf
2009-09-10, 04:30 PM
I'd certainly hope that my teammates didn't come out to contradict me. That would be embarrassing.

@^: As said before, I have nothing against him and would have done the same exact thing.

Darkcomet
2009-09-10, 04:31 PM
You know what?

Eff this. Wolfbane, you claim to be a mason as you're about to be lynched, after offering yourself to the chopping block to save my hide from this?

I don't believe you for a second.

UncleWolf
2009-09-10, 05:01 PM
You know what?

Eff this. Wolfbane, you claim to be a mason as you're about to be lynched, after offering yourself to the chopping block to save my hide from this?

I don't believe you for a second.

DC, I never wanted to try and get you lynched. Heck, I'd like to think I even took a few points off of you. Yes, I defended you, and I still am. Also, I still think the bandwagon against you is a bad choice. If it weren't for my teammates pushing for me to reveal myself, I'd have gladly taken it all. I think you had a good idea with the rollcall and if you hadn't beaten me to it, I'd have done the same thing.

If you don't believe me, that is fine, but I've said my piece. After all, it is up to you all if you believe me or not.

But, really, we divert from the important topic at hand.

*points at his cufflinks*

Should I go black, or blue? :smallconfused:

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-10, 05:08 PM
Celeste smiles and innocently holds her empty hands up. "Me, resist? Now why would I do a thing like that? All the same, Detective, I imagine you run across a lot of liars in your world. Maybe you'd better frisk me and make sure I don't have any weapons...hidden on me." Though in that gown, he can clearly see that she doesn't. "I'll cooperate." She smiles and leans forward to place a light, teasing kiss on his lips, grabbing one of his hands and placing it on her side before stepping closer. "I'll cooperate even if it takes all night, Detective Opeth."

"Well, I guess it's a good idea. Can't be too safe after all. One accurate search, coming right up."

And that was it. Time for a sweet talk was finally over. Freelance Detective Michael Opeth finally shut his yap, and went for it. One hand was already placed on Celeste's side. The second one gently grabbed the back of her head. Mike kissed her. At first in the neck, but slowly, his lips began to travel in chin direction, then cheek, and finally landed on her lips. In the meanwhile, his first hand began... 'searching', starting with Cellie's thighs.

Mike felt the stunning smell of her perfumes, and clean, beautiful auburn hair. He was drowned in it completely, and frankly, he never wanted to rescue himself from it.

The work of detective can be so enjoyable sometimes...

Vibrant
2009-09-10, 07:48 PM
(((Day end coming shortly....)))

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-10, 08:14 PM
Day 2 Ends.

Successful crime is boring. Unsuccessful crime can be too exciting. The key to being a smooth criminal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex30DYwQlHU), a long living criminal is knowing how to balance the two – keep the excitement going, keep the “work” exciting, but not boring.

When it’s boring, you slip up. When it’s boring, then you don’t pay attention to who you’re talking to, who you’re dating, or who they’re dating.

Then you die.

Nico was a very successful criminal, taking years of enjoyment from his work. But it never seemed like work, it was always a challenge… but not too much because he was at heart a lazy man. When he used to have a heart that is.

The boss’s last command was to take over this distillery, and turn all the profits back over to him at the end of the night.

He’d done this before, but it takes knowing the right place to apply the leverage. The right pressure point.

Nico sat on top of a church across the street – it seems these gangsters are conscientious religious types. He watched quite a few cross themselves as they passed the church. Interesting.

One man looked like the boss. That was the leverage. There was the pressure point. He hopped down to get to work.

The gangsters were a bustle of activity, one shift coming on duty, one shift loading the days brew onto the trucks to get ready to ship out to all the gin joints.

The sun had set, and Nico stepped out of the shadow to approach the “big man”.

It was so easy. He caught the attention of the boss, dominated him, and demanded they deliver all their beer but he return later that night with all the money instead of taking it to his own boss. It was that easy. Who cares what happens to him? Nico can do this again tomorrow with another boss. They're all just meat anyway.

He can do it to all the bosses.

On the side of the street, an innocent passerby watched as the tall shadowy figure stalked up to the gangsters, and bent them to his will. That wasn’t right!

“Hey! Why what give you the right to do that?! You think you’re in charge or something? That’s not fair taking him over like that. It’s not your money anyway.”

“Minions, take this citizen and bring him to me.”

“No! I’m trying to help you! Wake up guys! This isn’t fair! All I’m doing is speaking up for you guys and you come and grab me…! Help! Help! I’m being lynched I’m trying to help you!”

The passerby disappeared under the mob, and two bodies were left on ground as they dispersed.

On the sidewalk, the dominated mob boss said to his new master “Uh, what time do you want the night’s take again?”

“Two hours before dawn. Now bark like a dog.”

“Woof woof woof”

“Quack like a duck.”

“Quack quack quack...”

Darkcomet was killed (lynched). Darkcomet was a Citizen.
Recaiden was autolynched. Recaiden was a Citizen.

Day 2 Ends, but Night 2 is just beginning…

The war heats up as the Vampires hit the Gangsters where it hurts the most… the pocketbook and their pride.

Helgraf
2009-09-11, 12:01 AM
Tonight would not be the first nor the last time the city has decided that perhaps I'm more of a liability than an asset. Thankfully, the monolith, while unstoppably powerful, moves slowly and predictably. And while I wouldn't say I could trust anyone here further than I could throw them, most of them retain a basic sense of self-preservation. A few words in the wrong ear gets people talking.

Still a close shave ... I'm beginning to think I may need some new dirt to keep my neck above the drowning line. Shame about that fellow, but when the city comes hunting, you've gotta look out for number one, cause numbers two and three end up being greasy splorches on the pavement until the next ice-needle rain washes away the grease, sweat and blood.

Oh yes, the city is humming now ... you can feel it on the street corners and in the old gin joints where the jazz players are carving new territory.

Now that the immediate threat has died down, and the city is once again merrily churning away on excess blood, I work my way down to a small bistro, and order two beverages - a straight black and a special concoction. I have to repeat it three times before the lackwit behind the counter gets it all right - I take my beverage and stake out a table, waiting for the other to arrive.

It doesn't take very long; I only know one person crazy enough to drink that special swill I ordered, and she works here.

"Long time, Happy. Sit, won't you?"

Philistine
2009-09-11, 12:13 AM
After a long afternoon and evening of drinking alone - however full the speakeasy may have been - Pip wanders out into the night. Rather than turn toward the flophouse, though, he retraces the route to the airfield. A bit over an hour later, he stands next to a pile of debris that had once been his aircraft... his livelihood... and his only constant companion for better than a decade. He stiffly lowers himself to the ground and sits leaning back against the pile, then closes his eyes and drops off to sleep.

Deathslayer7
2009-09-11, 12:34 AM
After, seeing as that's only how we knew him. John lets the sarcasm roll off him like water off a duck's back, then smirks and tosses a pillow at his sister's face!

The pillow hits her in the face. Hey! she cries out.

Alarra
2009-09-11, 01:26 AM
The apartment was small, barely more than one room. I was glad for the meager space, as anything larger would have felt cavernously empty housing my few meager belongings. The bed hung limp and slightly stained from a surprisingly solid metal frame and a fine layer of dust covered every surface. It was a testament to the exhaustion that only days of travel can bring that I still found myself wanting to curl up for a nap. I looked the yellowing mattress over with a wry smile, imagining my mother turning in her grave at the thought of me living in such a place. She had been one of those ‘perfect’ women, devoting her life to keeping a model home and waiting on my father’s every whim. The years of living in her shadow had me headed to the corner store.

Nearly two hours later, I’d covered the dust with a layer of lemon scented shine, replaced the cracked blinds, and hidden the mattress beneath a faded flowered sheet. The sheet was new, or so the package claimed, so I wasn’t sure how it looked faded and tattered already. Maybe it was the atmosphere of the apartment wearing things out.

With things settled, I finally turned to my research. My father had contacts all over the world, and when someone claimed to have seen a vampire, he was alerted, it seemed, almost instantly. I didn’t question his sources and he rarely gave me access to more than he felt was necessary for my work. As such, I had little to go on. I had a name and an address of a woman that claimed her husband was killed by a vampire. I had heard rumors that a clan of the creatures had come to the city, but she was the first to actually claim contact.

When I hung up the phone, I was more confused than before. She’d refused to speak of the incident over channels that she deemed unsecure. I wasn’t sure who she thought was spying on her, but it was clear that she was worried and suspicious. We agreed to meet at a public place, a bar called Lucky’s. The little research I had done into the city scene told me that the bar was the place to find information or spread it. If she was looking for somewhere confidential, it hardly seemed the appropriate choice.

happyturtle
2009-09-11, 06:03 AM
The woman sinks into the chair and smiles, showing the crow's feet that are just starting to form. "Nice to see you again, Lucky. Word has it you were in a bit of trouble."

The Bushranger
2009-09-11, 12:59 PM
The pillow hits her in the face. Hey! she cries out.

Laughing, John takes the opporunity to make a daring escape to the bathroom to freshen up. Remember, just 'cause I sleep late doesn't mean I don't wake up fast!

Deathslayer7
2009-09-11, 01:52 PM
Sarah throws the pillow back at John as he's running out of the room. The pillow misses him and she can only hear him laugh some more as he locks the bathroom door. She picks the pillow up and tosses it back into his room. Breakfast is ready downstairs. she says through the door.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-11, 05:37 PM
(Update coming in about 5 hours. I have someplace I have to be.)

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-11, 10:26 PM
(Night ends. Update coming.)

The Bushranger
2009-09-11, 10:33 PM
Thanks, Sarah. I'll be down soon as I'm done showering.
Still chuckling, John starts the shower and is soon singing away in it.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-09-11, 10:53 PM
Night ends…

This was the worst night in Lou’s life.

The cops came back into the room. There were two of them in the back, they sat smoking cigarettes but not saying anything. The other half dozen would alternate between swearing, begging, consoling, and giving advice to confess.

But he didn’t do it. Whatever it was.

The first thing he knew… he told them. It started when they were making the rounds, getting the payouts from the “Boarding Houses” where all the girls were.

They walked out of one of the bordellos, and he was talking right to Benny – when he got pulled up to the roof. When Lou looked up, a spash of blood rained down on him.

“And that’s why your clothes are covered in blood?”

“Yeah, but that’s not all!”

He pulled his gun, and took off running but they chased him. He got into his car, and he felt something land on the hood. He gunned the car up and over the curb, and he hit someone. It didn’t matter, he pulled around and got the car stuck on a park bench.

He struggled out of the car, when he was hit by someone huge!

“That’s how your clavicle got broken?”

“Yeah, he had me in a strangle hold!”

Then this…demon pushed him to the ground. By this time there’s a lot of people gathering around the accident scene.

This…thing grabs one of the people – and all the rest shriek and run away, he grabs this one Citizen…

“And what did you do?”

“HE takes this guys head off! Drinks from the neck like It’s a fire hose and he’s dying of thirst – he drinks the blood! He throws the head in my car, and leaves the body at my feet! I emptied my gun at him!”

Not quite, he dropped his fully loaded gun and tried to flee, but tripped over the body – to be found there by the police and arrested on charges of vehicular homicide.

What he didn’t tell the police was… he didn’t tell the police this guy/thing said “Tell all your bosses we’re taking over this City. The Northsiders, the East Coasters, the Mafia, whatever and wherever you guys are from – it’s our town now.”

These cops don’t need to know that stuff, that’s business. He’d rather die first than admit that to these cops.

Gothicbob was killed by the Children of the Night. Gothicbob was a Citizen

Day 3 starts now and will end in about 60 hours or so.

Helgraf
2009-09-12, 12:27 AM
The woman sinks into the chair and smiles, showing the crow's feet that are just starting to form. "Nice to see you again, Lucky. Word has it you were in a bit of trouble."

Okay, so I smiled when she called me Lucky. The irony. The sweet deliciousness of it massaged a smile from even my recalcitrant lips.

"You know me and trouble, Happy. We go all the way back, like Alabama cousins."

I took a sip of my coffee, let it sear a moment before swallowing. Rough brew - the way I liked it. Set the cup down, cracked my knuckles before I spoke again.

"Something's happening here - I know you can't have missed it. Something new. You know how I detest new things; so very unpredictable."

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 12:40 AM
"I don't think it's safe to notice this sort of happening," Happy says, giving him one penetrating look as her 'dumb bimbo' mask slips away for a moment. "But I traded shifts to make sure I'll be home by sundown."

Reinholdt
2009-09-12, 07:51 AM
Voting for wolfbane purely on the fact that fiasco yesterday was just mean. Offering yourself up to be lynched to save someone when you know you're an important role and shouldn't, then backing down. Ugh. Granted, there's a strong chance he's been abducted anyways.

Lynch me for this if you so choose. It matters not to me.

Elder Tsofu
2009-09-12, 08:11 AM
I suppose that a lynch of an abducted player ends in just a lot of people standing around the apartment and looking stupidly at their feet?
Well, time will tell if abduction is the case - I suppose he'd want to defend himself against an emerging bandwagon otherwise...

Lex-Kat
2009-09-12, 08:58 AM
I agree with Reinholdt. I don't care if you're a mason, that was just wrong, Wolfbane. :smallmad:

Murska
2009-09-12, 09:14 AM
Now, as I see it, Wolfbane never offered himself up for the lynch. He defended Darkcomet and pointed at Helgraf even when he was close to be lynched, but I can't see anywhere in the thread where he'd say 'Hey, lynch me instead of Darkcomet.'

Also, we don't want to lynch someone abducted. Mordokai.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 09:23 AM
“HE takes this guys head off! Drinks from the neck like It’s a fire hose and he’s dying of thirst – he drinks the blood! He throws the head in my car, and leaves the body at my feet! I emptied my gun at him!”

Gruesome image. I can see it vividly. Great narration! :smallsmile:

banjo1985
2009-09-12, 10:15 AM
Wolfbane, as the three-headed bandwagon from yesterday may get us at least one wolf.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 10:22 AM
Pretty sure he's been abducted. He's online now and won't talk about the game.

Shadowcaller
2009-09-12, 10:33 AM
We are lynching a player... beacuse of morality?:smallconfused:

Mordoaki

Lex-Kat
2009-09-12, 12:11 PM
Yes, because I switched my vote from Helgraf to Wolfbane, and then he claims Mason, and not only does two players switch off him, but they switch it to Darkcomet.

The whole thing stank.

Murska
2009-09-12, 12:17 PM
So... Wolfbane, who's pretty much confirmed as a mason by the lack of people coming to tell us he's not, and who has also been abducted, should be lynched... why? I just don't get it.

Lex-Kat
2009-09-12, 01:06 PM
That's because you are of like mind as what he did. Survival of yourself, at all cost.

If he wasn't sincere in his self-sacrifice, he should never have brought it up. And as Happy said, then edited (yes I saw it), he talked about it during an IM session. So you won't see it in yesterday's posts.

But these posts support it:

I believe Wolfbane is a viable alternative.

What?

He asked.

Its true. I've almost been, but never yet. :smalltongue:

Gah! Wolf, you asked!

Oh, I never said stop pointing at me. Go right ahead, no problem from me. But I at least need to point.
Maybe he is a mason. But if he is, then why was he so willing to self-sacrifice.

Why turn around and confess at the last possible second to being one?

And why would we necessarily trust a "Mason" stepping forward? There are three groups running around connected. Any one of them could cover for them.

Keeping silent isn't an admission of Wolfbane speaking the truth.

happyturtle
2009-09-12, 01:21 PM
Okay, but, either he's abducted or he's faking abduction. If he's abducted, it's a waste of a lynch. If he's faking it, then he's he'll either have to break cover to vote or be autolynched. So why do you think we should lynch him, Lex-kat?

Murska
2009-09-12, 01:28 PM
Wolves NEVER claim to be masons unless they're 100% sure they've killed all the real masons. Why? Because the real masons will just step up and state that this guy here is an imposter.

And if a fake mason steps up to support another fake mason, then that's TWO wolves out in the open which ONE real mason can bust.

It just doesn't work. Simple as that. Now I didn't pay attention to the chat and if Wolfbane indeed did intentionally try to get himself lynched and then back out of it at the last moment, I guess it's bad luck for Darkcomet. But why would a wolf do that either?

I don't know nor care if Wolfbane did the right thing by trying to protect Darkcomet but then deciding he'd rather live himself instead, but I don't want us to lynch someone who is extremely improbable to be a wolf and extremely probable to be dead.

Supagoof
2009-09-12, 01:59 PM
((Points at Mordokai, as Wolfbane is either A. Abducted or B. A mason.

C - him being a wolf running a gambit, while that would be an cunning plan, is still something off to me about it. I mean, risk one wolf to A - avoid the lynch and get a villager instead and B - perhaps get a real mason to step forward so the wolves get a "free scry"...not exactly worth it in my opinion. Might have been for them since he was in the lynch pool, but meh....))

Lex-Kat
2009-09-12, 02:00 PM
Okay, but, either he's abducted or he's faking abduction. If he's abducted, it's a waste of a lynch. If he's faking it, then he's he'll either have to break cover to vote or be autolynched. So why do you think we should lynch him, Lex-kat?
Those are my only reasons. And really, I don't care if you lynch him, or if you lynch me.

Go ahead. I'm too tired of this to care.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-09-12, 02:03 PM
Well, seeing as how I haven't seen either bandwagon target post yet, I'm going to withhold my vote for a while, though don't automatically assume Wolf is abducted. Both wolf groups could have assumed the other would go after Wolf(who's on first!), and he could've survived, and laying low. Would not blame him, but he might as well surface as we'll probably lynch him the second he votes.

I do agree with Murska that more than likely Wolf is not a wolf, but he was reaching for the baner and seer to contact him. We shall see, as I doubt he'll survive long now.

I see where Lex kat started, but where did the Mordokai BW come from?:smallconfused:

Zar Peter
2009-09-12, 02:53 PM
Voting for wolfbane purely on the fact that fiasco yesterday was just mean. Offering yourself up to be lynched to save someone when you know you're an important role and shouldn't, then backing down. Ugh. Granted, there's a strong chance he's been abducted anyways.

Lynch me for this if you so choose. It matters not to me.

((OOC))
Actually that strikes me odd. The chances that Wolfbane is abducted aren't very low if he is a mason. Even if he isn't but a Vampire member he would be very likely to be a target for a night kill. So lynching him would be a wasted lynch which only benefits the wolves. And I think Reinholdt is a better player than not consider this. IF he is a villager.

Point at Reinholdt.
((OOC))

First day at work. Nothing like the parking deck. Lifting cargo into ships. Helping fastening the hawsers. Being commanded around by some jackasses all the time. I have to leave this place. I need a plan.

Murska
2009-09-12, 03:02 PM
In fact, yes, the 'Lynch me for this if you choose, I don't care' sounds somehow off. Reinholdt.

Selrahc
2009-09-12, 03:04 PM
I agree that Reinholdts post gives a "seems slightly off" vibe.

Eldritch Knight
2009-09-12, 03:10 PM
I'm not sure. Personally, I think Oddity has been acting a little... well, Odd, these past few days.

Guancyto
2009-09-12, 03:29 PM
Pointed at him yesterday, might as well keep it up. Reinholdt.

billtodamax
2009-09-12, 04:12 PM
I find Lex and Rein both a bit off, frankly. Reinholdt.

Irbis
2009-09-12, 04:55 PM
Reinholdt, you say? :smallconfused:

I wonder if he hates kitties as well.

Lemming
2009-09-12, 05:55 PM
Sam yawned and rolled over. He opened an eye. It was bright outside. He checked his clock. 5:40. That meant he had 2 hours of sleep left. But it seemed a bit bright out for 5 in the morning. He checked his watch. 11:30. "Piece of junk" he muttered sleepily, as he flung the clock out the window. "Good thing I have the day off."

The drone of the TV could be heard from the kitchen as Sam dug through his fridge looking for something edible and not covered in fur. No luck. "Guess I'll be eating out today." He staid for a while and watched some sideshow named Reinholdt get pied by a bunch of clowns. Then he flicked off the TV, got his coat and headed out the door.

calar
2009-09-12, 06:17 PM
Shnikes I'm confused, but Reinholdt seems the best choice from what I can tell since I'm kinda guessing wolf was abducted.

whitehelm
2009-09-12, 06:28 PM
I'll go with Reinholdt also.

Oddity
2009-09-12, 06:48 PM
In hospital, Oddity wakes up with a broken arm and two fractured ribs. The pain is all that much more intense because he has an incredible hangover. Too tired to do anything, and also not permitted to, Oddity lays back and signs his vote on Reinholdt, the man driving the vehicle that hit him.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-09-12, 07:19 PM
I'll back this; the logic makes sense against Reinholdt, assuming he is out of character.

Reinholdt
2009-09-12, 07:22 PM
I'll back this; the logic makes sense against Reinholdt, assuming he is out of character.
Hehe. And what're you going to say when it turns out I'm a citizen and in fact quite in character? :smallamused:

RedScholarGypsy
2009-09-12, 07:59 PM
Hehe. And what're you going to say when it turns out I'm a citizen and in fact quite in character? :smallamused:

Easy. "'Makes sense' does not mean it's right." and "Read the sig.:smallamused:"

EnrgeticPenguin
2009-09-12, 08:19 PM
Reinholdt's logic doesn't make sense.

Alarra
2009-09-12, 08:45 PM
(While I agree that Reinholdt's logic makes him look rather suspicious, the bandwagon is growing a bit fast for my taste. I'm going to go with Lex instead.)

It was mid-afternoon, yet the place was already packed. The stench of smoke, grease and sweat, as well as the general appearance of most of the clientele made the well-kept bar seem seedier than it was. The jangle of a bell announced my entrance and I could feel every eye in the place turning to see who I was, though most went out of their way to appear uninterested. I wasn't the only one that had been hearing rumors and it was clear that everyone was on high alert.

She was seated at a corner booth, looking wary and older than I would have pictured her. Completely out of place amongst most of the middle-aged and younger that filled the other seats. With eyes constantly darting from face to face and her voice little more than a whisper, she told me of her husband's death, of her suspicions and the fear that they were stalking and hunting her as well. Her husband had been well-connected and the hesitance and omissions in her story gave the impression that he may have been connected to something not quite legal. I didn't push her.

She seemed eager to leave, so I didn't keep her. I could have questioned her all day, could have written a paper purely on the details of his corpse. With my table empty, I turned to people watching. Surely there was more information here than meets the eye.

Mordokai
2009-09-13, 12:54 AM
Lex-kat for me as well.

Helgraf
2009-09-13, 02:01 AM
"I don't think it's safe to notice this sort of happening," Happy says, giving him one penetrating look as her 'dumb bimbo' mask slips away for a moment. "But I traded shifts to make sure I'll be home by sundown."

"Nothing's 100%, you know that. But whatever is happening now, it's got the city on edge. Do you remember what happened the last time something rattled the cage?"

I gave her a pointed look, though I stopped short of shaking my head from side to side.

"Yeah. We both know Fat Louie didn't 'retire to Florida'," I noted, tapping a finger on the tabletop, "no matter what they never found the body. I think a ... mutual assistance arraingement ... would prove useful in ensure each of our skins stays nice and tight where they belong."

"Now, I know ... you're thinkin', like any sane person - the precious few of those there are in this dump - can I trust him. Should I trust him. Well, Happy, that's your ball. How do you want to serve it?"

I took a long pull from the coffee, draining it to the dregs and waited.

((Lex-kat))

Harley
2009-09-13, 02:16 AM
-SupaGoof-

happyturtle
2009-09-13, 02:16 AM
"Trust? I don't trust nobody, Lucky, you know that. And if you said you trusted me, I'd call you a liar." She tapped her fingernails on the side of her mug, thinking. "What I'm going to do is shack up with the first big strong man I can hook with the big, scared eyes routine. But muscles'll only protect so far. Yeah, I'll work with you."

Opeth_Freak
2009-09-13, 03:45 AM
Sigh... I was waiting for Dirk, but I guess he's just not around the board. Lex-kat

Elder Tsofu
2009-09-13, 05:42 AM
Tsofu takes a sip of his tea and once again scan the newspaper in front of him.
There seem to have been incidents the last few days, something had apparently stirred up the mafia, which had become rather docile without any real threats to its power.
What a blessing, he'd thought unemployment would become a time of boredom.
After paying for this tea he sets out into the city once more, smiling slightly at this turn of events.
Nothing is better than an uneasy mafia to bring fresh blood into the halls of the public authorities.

cd4
2009-09-13, 05:51 AM
The harbour master was starting to relax, several ships had left the harbour and few were due in to replace them. However one of the ships manifests caught his eye, the docked ship was apparently carrying bandwagons? What were they? and why was reinholdt bringing them into town?

Aemoh
2009-09-13, 06:50 AM
*points at Lex-kat*

Cause it's basically what I do. Though the wagons have a while to go before there close to even :smallamused: