PDA

View Full Version : Test of Spite Master_Rahl22 vs Claudius Maximus

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-04, 08:51 PM
Ok, so I figure columns works just fine. As for buff rounds, I'm good with 2, no all days.

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L
1||||||||||||
2|
3|||C|C|||||C|C||
4|||C|C|||||C|C||
5||||||||||||
6|
7|
8||||||||||||
9|||C|C|||||C|C||
10|||C|C|||||C|C||
11|
12|||||||||||[/table]

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-04, 09:26 PM
No all days? Interesting. I'll do it.

Buffs (2 rounds, no all-days):
Round 1: Zone of Silence, Activate Tigerskin Armor for +4 dex
Round 2: Greater Invisibility, Quickened Nondetection, Hide: [roll0]
I'll take the bottom side.

Location (OO):
C11
Initiative: [roll1]

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-04, 09:36 PM
Buff rounds:

Use Scabbard of Keen Edges on both kukris, drink potion of Conviction +5.

[roll0]

Edit: Starting in C-2. Guess it's your turn.

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-04, 09:43 PM
So me first.
Actions:
Cast Haste
What kinds of senses do you have? Also, do you happen to have a Ring of Spell-Battle? What you detect depends on these factors.

My turn is not over.

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-04, 09:48 PM
Low light vision, and no.

... and I just realized where I meant for some of my skill points to go. Just in case I get nat 20's:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-04, 09:55 PM
Wow that's low. I'm not even going to bother rolling since my natural 1 beats your 20.

You can't detect me at all, but I take some more actions.

I have mindsight, so I know your location, your creature type (like "Humanoid" or "Outsider", but not "Elf" and such) and your intelligence score.

OO:
Greater Mirror Image [roll0], move up to C11 +15 feet.
End turn.

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-05, 07:57 AM
Current location is C-2, and Humanoid with Int 12.

My turn, I'll fly to B-12. If I still can't see you, I'll activate See Invisibility.

Let me know if I can see you at any point in there, cause if I do see you then I'm not done.

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-05, 03:27 PM
Sorry about the wait.

Since you're flying, what elevation are you at?

Also, make a caster level check.

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-05, 06:01 PM
Sorry, 15 feet up.

I'm not a caster, so is that a d20 + 0 or what?

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-05, 07:52 PM
If it's from an item, use the CL of the item.

Whether or not you succeed, you don't detect me after casting the spell.

Observers only:
Although he got within my Zone of Silence, he still can't possibly beat my move silently
Sorry for the delay. For some reason, I couldn't access this site for an hour.

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-06, 02:46 PM
Caster level check for my See Invisibility item: [roll0]

Doesn't See Invisibility just plain work? I'm assuming there's more going on here, like a Hide that my abysmally low Spot check can't beat, but I'm just making sure.

Ok, my turn is done if I can't detect you.

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-06, 04:36 PM
There are methods to beat See Invisibility and even True Seeing. I also have HiPS, though, and that's primarily what you need to beat.

I have LoS to you. What do I see? Particularly, what kind of equipment do you have?

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-07, 07:40 AM
You see a human wielding two kukris and wearing a chain shirt, a cloak, various other items that may or may not be magical, and some boots with small wings on them.

Yeah with that horrible Spot I have, this may be over if I can't ever find you. I have a feeling if you went to this much trouble to be undetected that you have Greater Invis up so you can attack me from a distance and I'll never know where you are. If you think I have a shot at locating you, then we can continue, but otherwise there's not much point I think.

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-07, 10:50 AM
You probably can't ever find me. My hide while attacking or casting a spell is +37 and it's impossible to hear me. I assume you've made preparations for fighting spellcasters, but you should get your hands on something to beat stealthy types too. A Blindfold of True Darkness would have found me by now, for example.

I hit you with a spell, will save DC 24 negates.

If you make the save, a DC 28 spellcraft check reveals the spell you just resisted:
Hold Person
You don't detect any more happenings this turn.

OO:
5-step up to C11+20, cast Quickened Hold Person, start casting Dominate person with 4 spin.
Your turn.

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-07, 01:15 PM
Hmm, I just re-read through my sheet and I think I'm not totally helpless yet, assuming I don't fail the save for the save or suck/die/lose that you just tossed at me.

[roll0]

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-07, 01:19 PM
OMG. So, my turn is to spend a full-round action to make another save.

[roll0]

Ok, and with a swift action, I now have blindsense out to 30 ft. Do I detect you now? Oh, and your turn.

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-07, 02:38 PM
You detect something in C11, 20 feet off the ground.

Make a will save, DC 30.

If you succeed:
Roll again. I can force rerolls.

If you beat that one as well:
Roll yet again. I can do it twice. :smallwink:

If you're still unaffected, the DC to identify the spell is 30. It's:
Dominate Person
If you fail:
You're Dominated.
My turn has just begun. My further actions depend on whether or not this affects you.

Edit: I forgot that the DC increases by 1 if you are denied your dex to AC. If you don't have some kind of Uncanny Dodge, it's DC 31.

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-07, 08:00 PM
I do in fact have Uncanny Dodge.

[roll0]

...and I think that's game, isn't it? Damn and I just figured out where you were too. Grrr, if I had made that freakin save, I could've nailed you a good one that turn I spend using a full-round to make another save.

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-07, 09:21 PM
A natural 1 on the first save? Ouch.

You're right; you could have hurt me pretty badly if you beat Hold Monster, assuming the 50% miss chance didn't save me.

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-08, 08:47 AM
Wow, and I just realized I was doing my will saves wrong. Moment of Perfect Clarity is what let me get a +18 to my Will save, normal is 4. So yeah, I'm good and whooped. Well, you've pointed out that Will saves are a major weakness in my character, and that I should've readied Iron Heart Surge. If I had a turn to attack, I could've done (1d20+18) x 2 damage, and then 1d4+10d6+11 damage and stun. I think I'm definitely going to rework a few feats and some of my equipment and skill points, so if you haven't started checking my sheet you can probably wait until it's redone.

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-08, 09:44 AM
I held off on checking your character since I was fighting him. PM me when your character is ready for review.