PDA

View Full Version : Hilarity Ensues

keilyn
2009-09-04, 11:10 PM
Had to share tonight's gaming moment:

My SO's half-orc/half-elf gets put through a lot. This is because I am the DM, and I love to mess around with him from time to time (and also because he can take a joke). Tonight, however, he earned himself a little bit of a reprieve through his roleplaying wit.

He and the other party member (an NPC) had come upon a mountain monastery full of gnomish monks. They are "ambushed"- meaning that, for no other reason than it amused me, his character gets beaned with a well-placed critical staff-throw to the forehead. After taking his (albeit meager) subdual damage, he barks at the attacking gnome:

"You hit me like that again, and that stick is going so far up your arse you're going to have to take your next level in paladin!"

It just came out of nowhere, and we had to take a laughing break for a couple of minutes. If anyone else has had a similar experience, I'd love to hear it.

Renegade Paladin
2009-09-04, 11:13 PM
HEY!

:smalltongue:

keilyn
2009-09-04, 11:29 PM
Alright, Renegade, you have my apologies, in your case I would make the exception of allowing it to be a three section staff, rather than an inflexible one. That way you have a -little- movement.

:smallbiggrin:

Quirinus_Obsidian
2009-09-04, 11:59 PM
Had to share tonight's gaming moment:

"You hit me like that again, and that stick is going so far up your arse you're going to have to take your next level in paladin!"

Awesome. Totally going to use that in a game, if I can. I'll send you a shiny nickel.

Sinfire Titan
2009-09-05, 12:02 AM
Awesome. Totally going to use that in a game, if I can. I'll send you a shiny nickel.

I'll trade you a shiny Whismur for the Shiny Nickle. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny)

Elfin
2009-09-05, 12:07 AM
Awesome indeed.
:smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

keilyn
2009-09-05, 01:14 AM
:smallamused:
Oh yeah - by all means, use it. It got some pretty good laughs for us. Besides, I could always use a shiny nickle. Couldn't everyone?

dougch
2009-09-05, 01:24 AM
was playing an voe of poverty druid and during the course of roleplay i said i wanted to look like jesus during the conversation( had just gotten into a bloody mess earlier) the meat stack of the party then OOC said "what you bleed?"

laughs

Jergmo
2009-09-05, 01:30 AM
I'll trade you a shiny Whismur for the Shiny Nickle. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny)

Pff, who likes Whismur, anyway?

Jade_Tarem
2009-09-05, 01:46 AM
I do recall when the party I was DMing discovered at around level fourteen that they could Magic Jar the mage into the barbarian, cast a bunch of self-only buffs, then have the mage leave and let the barbarian go nuts. He was playing a Frenzied berserker, too, so the first time they powered up like this, the party face and the barbarian stepped out in front of an entire opposing army, and called out:

"Everyone please remain calm! This is a field test of supreme cleave!"

keilyn
2009-09-05, 02:09 AM
LMAO - that's awesome. the whole magic jar thing is Brilliant, the line just makes it even better.