PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Help with Psychic Warrior Build.

sentaku
2009-09-05, 12:11 AM
Books: Core include XPH and the Soulbound weapon from http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a

Also available:
Forgotten Realms campaign setting
Monster Manual I & III
Arms and Equipment Guide
Libris Mortis
Draganlance Campaign Setting
Oriental Adventures

No Completes, No ToB, no spell compendium, no Eberron.

This build is for a one shot so I'm not to worried about being super awesome.
I don't know the exact level this build will be at, I'm guessing somewhere between 8 - 12. (so levels past 8 should not be required).
I'm using Psionics simply because I have not previously. I'm not interested in a divine/arcane build.

My idea is simple, my character can hand you his weapon and as long as he is able to manifest at least 1 pp can regain it. By quickening the power I'm able to get the weapon back much faster and this way can attack in the same round.

Abilty Scores:
Str > Con > Wis* > Dex > Int > Chr *will be high enough so I can manifest powers.

Here is what I have so far

Feats:

Level Type Name
1 Normal Combat Reflexes
1 Human Improved Initiative
1 Soulbound Weapon Focus
1 Psychic Warrior BF Power Attack
2 Soulbound Weapon Soulbound weapon ability
3 Normal Psionic Weapon
5 Psychic Warrior BF Psionic Meditation
6 Normal Quicken Power
8 Psychic Warrior BF Narrow Mind

and Powers

1 Call Weaponry
1 Expansion
1 Vigor
2 Body Adjustment
2 Psionic Lion's Charge
2 Wall Walker
3 Concealing Amorpha, Greater
3 Dimension Slide
3 Not Sure

Draz74
2009-09-05, 10:03 AM
Typically, PsyWarriors make WIS their highest score, even above STR and CON, just to grub for every last Bonus PP they can get their hands on.

Power and Feat selections look decent. For your last power ... Defensive Precognition? Detect Hostile Intent? Prevenom Weapon?

woodenbandman
2009-09-05, 10:29 AM
Hustle. It's good. If you ever need a focus and you need it immediately, just hustle. Also great for using Linked Power, or for situations when it's not possible to lion's charge and you want your full attack.

PinkysBrain
2009-09-05, 12:31 PM
My idea is simple, my character can hand you his weapon
You sure this is a free action?

sentaku
2009-09-05, 01:33 PM
Typically, PsyWarriors make WIS their highest score, even above STR and CON, just to grub for every last Bonus PP they can get their hands on.

Power and Feat selections look decent. For your last power ... Defensive Precognition? Detect Hostile Intent? Prevenom Weapon?

I was planing on making it 16 with items. After that the pay off it's to great it seems at least at level 8. If the game is higher then level 8 any suggestions on feats I should look at.

Hustle. It's good. If you ever need a focus and you need it immediately, just hustle. Also great for using Linked Power, or for situations when it's not possible to lion's charge and you want your full attack.

Sounds good. Question for something like psionic weapon does expending a focus only work on the first attack or does the damage work on all the attacks if I make a full attack. So I do something like : Hustle as a swift, Gain focus in my first move then full attack with the psionic weapon feat.

You sure this is a free action?
I drop the weapon into my opponents hand. Now it is.

Draz74
2009-09-05, 03:21 PM
Question for something like psionic weapon does expending a focus only work on the first attack or does the damage work on all the attacks if I make a full attack.

Just for one attack, unfortunately. This is the main reason it's an unpopular feat.

If you take Hustle, I would swap out Psionic Lion's Charge for something else. They're both good powers, but they're too similar for a Level 8 character to take both of them.

Wings of Peace
2009-09-05, 04:53 PM
Personally I'd roll with a Claw Psy-War and do a weaker version of The King of Smack (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19866038/The_king_of_smack) or at least glance over it for some inspiration. But that's just because my experience with weapon wielding Psy-Wars was that they underwhelmed me slightly. Though this does involve compromising your idea of being able to hand the enemy your weapon.