PDA

View Full Version : Xykon's Phylactery

Contradictum
2009-09-05, 01:05 AM
Is it possible that Xykon's Phylactery cannot be found by anyone but Xykon now? Like Ravenwing, maybe no one but someone spiritually or telepathically linked with the object can see it anymore. Or whatever relationship V had with Ravenwing.

This would mean those hobgoblins searching couldn't find it which would probably lead to Xykon spending time to find it?

MReav
2009-09-05, 01:18 AM
I like to believe that Blackwing and the Order were working together to mess with V (yeah I know, unlikely).

I doubt Xykon's phylactery is affected, since Blackwing's lack of notability by the Order seems to be more for comedy, while Xykon's is more for drama.

Malkar Grumbo
2009-09-05, 04:01 PM
Is it possible that Xykon's Phylactery cannot be found by anyone but Xykon now? Like Ravenwing, maybe no one but someone spiritually or telepathically linked with the object can see it anymore. Or whatever relationship V had with Ravenwing.

This would mean those hobgoblins searching couldn't find it which would probably lead to Xykon spending time to find it?

If that's true, then Xykon is going to be really, really, really ticked.

Cizak
2009-09-05, 05:49 PM
Like Ravenwing, maybe no one but someone spiritually or telepathically linked with the object can see it anymore. Or whatever relationship V had with Ravenwing.

But Voorsovias can't see Ravenwing all the time, right? And when s/he actually sees Ravenwing, so does Ray, Darkoon, Balkrat, Hailat and Elbardan too.

Zanaril
2009-09-05, 05:52 PM
But Voorsovias can't see Ravenwing all the time, right? And when s/he actually sees Ravenwing, so does Ray, Darkoon, Balkrat, Hailat and Elbardan too.

Those misspellings are intentional, aren't they?

I read the quoted post. You win this thread for making me laugh out loud.

Elfin
2009-09-05, 08:14 PM
Yea, you definitely win this thread.

Cizak
2009-09-06, 08:27 AM
Yay! I won a thread for the first time! :smallbiggrin:

dps
2009-09-06, 07:40 PM
Balkrat. Lol.

Berserk Monk
2009-09-06, 10:32 PM

Red Cloak saw it fine around his neck as did O-Chul seeing as how he snatched it off the guy's fleeing body.

Also, the comments about no one seeing Blackwing were purely for comedy, unless there is a character called Ravenwing that we the readers actually can't see.

whitelaughter
2009-09-07, 03:36 AM
You can't see Ravenwing?

But you read Ravenwing's soliloquy, right?

Trobby
2009-09-08, 10:26 AM
Wait wait wait wait wait....wait....

...There's a stick-figure-based D&D parody comic?

...:smallannoyed:I don't think I believe you guys. You're just making this up.

David Argall
2009-09-08, 12:49 PM
Xykon's phylactery is hidden by plot. It will take exactly as long to find as it takes for Roy to reach the gate [or some other plot-designated point.] We will likely see nothing about Azure City until it is found, and then see just one strip on that before Team Evil heads off to the confrontation.

Optimystik
2009-09-08, 03:21 PM
Xykon's phylactery is hidden by plot. It will take exactly as long to find as it takes for Roy to reach the gate [or some other plot-designated point.] We will likely see nothing about Azure City until it is found, and then see just one strip on that before Team Evil heads off to the confrontation.

We might not even see that much, if Team Evil simply pops in arguing about how long it took to find (similar to the Order popping into Cliffport via teleportation.)

Lkctgo
2009-09-09, 12:42 PM

That might just be true. But maybe you are putting too much thought into it? After all, Blackwing is a living creature.

DOOMBOT9000
2009-09-09, 01:06 PM
I agree with David and Optimystik. There's no reason to show the sewer dungeon crawl, especially in the online comic.

However, I do think it could make a neat add on for the next book. Personally I'd like to see it from a hobgoblin grunt's point of view, just for a change of pace.:smalltongue:

t_catt11
2009-09-09, 01:09 PM
Yep. David summed it up perfectly. The phylactery will be found when the plot needs for it to be found, and not a moment before.

Lkctgo
2009-09-09, 01:10 PM
Yep. David summed it up perfectly. The phylactery will be found when the plot needs for it to be found, and not a moment before.

You mean moving at the speed of plot? And not found through commonsense, heresy I tell you, Heresy.

t_catt11
2009-09-09, 01:23 PM
You mean moving at the speed of plot? And not found through commonsense, heresy I tell you, Heresy.

Pish tosh. A common sense explanation will be applied, but the plot is the driving force. you know it, I know it. :smallcool:

Edit: also, I have been promoted to halfling in the playground! Mama will be proud.

Laeranu
2010-09-02, 01:08 PM
David is right...
Definitely...

Nobody argue ya hear me!!!

Oh yeah, what is winning a thread anyway? :smallconfused:

Dr.Epic
2010-09-02, 01:12 PM

Where did this idea come from? Everyone could see it fine before. And as for RAVENwing (I can only assume you mean Blackwing), people have seen the bird before, it was just a joke in one comic.

kpenguin
2010-09-02, 01:26 PM
The Modguin: Please don't be a thread necromancer. Don't bring threads that are over six weeks, or in this case nearly a year, dead back to life.