PDA

View Full Version : Dyed Boots

Zeitgeist
2009-09-05, 03:15 AM
Maybe it's just me, but when Haley changes, her boots appear to already be dyed a slightly different, more tan color. So why does he offer to dye them if she apparently got shoes with the outfit?

Jair Barik
2009-09-05, 03:17 AM
Boots of speed from strip 3

Zeitgeist
2009-09-05, 03:29 AM
Yes, I get that, but he intended to dye her CURRENT boots. He did not know about those. But why offer to dye her boots when some clearly are included?

kakita
2009-09-05, 03:39 AM
Maybe in the spirit of haggling he was offering something that Haley didn't 'for free'... you know, much like how informercials give you totally useless doohickeys.

He just didn't expect Haley to call him on it.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-09-05, 03:40 AM
He was probably thinking "She's a girl...what do girls like? Shoes...and dying things?" He didn't think or care about what reason she would have to dye her current boots. He's just offering something he thought she'd like.

Spiky
2009-09-05, 09:30 AM
Along the same lines.....it is probably also very inexpensive for him to do so. Maybe he has a slave that is an expert, maybe he bought a kit off woot!, maybe it's so popular here he has piles of light-colored dye laying around. It's a good business tactic to offer something that adds a lot of value to the customer but adds very little additional cost to the business.

Maybe neither of them understands the vagaries of color shading for the internet.

Lissou
2009-09-05, 09:34 AM
They change colour? They looked the same to me. Could it be that the colour of her outfit makes her shoes look a different colour?

darkninjaoflight
2009-09-05, 09:44 AM
They're the same color. Your brain just believed the boots got lighter when her outfit became lighter. It all has to do with color theory and whatnot.

Harr
2009-09-05, 11:28 AM
Yep, they're both #906E32, to be exact :smallsmile: Funny how that works, I actually see them a bit lighter tone after she changes too.

Forbiddenwar
2009-09-05, 11:30 AM
Did the floor get lighter, or is it another optical illusion? can someone check please?

Harr
2009-09-05, 11:33 AM
Did the floor get lighter, or is it another optical illusion? can someone check please?

No, also the same color throughout (#917257).

If you're seeing the comic on a laptop screen it's common for the colors to appear to get lighter as they get lower and lower on the screen (I think some flat-screen monitors also do this, not sure though).

Zeitgeist
2009-09-05, 10:12 PM
No, also the same color throughout (#917257).

If you're seeing the comic on a laptop screen it's common for the colors to appear to get lighter as they get lower and lower on the screen (I think some flat-screen monitors also do this, not sure though).

After some testing, this appears to be the phenomenon I was experiencing! I'm pretty sure it's not based on how high or low it is, rather the angle at which you are viewing it.