PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Zone trickery?

Flickerdart
2009-09-05, 12:50 PM
I've got a 12th level Githyanki Gestalt (http://houserulans.wikispaces.com/4E+Gestalt) Wizard//Druid (Hermetic Saboteur//Medani Trueseer PPs, my DM let me take two Wizard ones cause Druid PPs suck). What I'm trying to do is make a guy that does Zones and similar area effects, and then pushes enemies through them/makes them stay inside. The character is here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=151268), and I'm almost done: I need two more Paragon feats, two more Heroic feats and my items.

Now. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong. This doesn't seem like an easy thing to pull off, 4E (especially Gestalt) is confusing and I ran out of room for powers on the sheet so I left off some of the optional Utilities/Dailies I get as a Wizard.

Help me out, guys. What do I need to add/change in order to not suck? I'd prefer to keep the Ice spells, and maybe add some more of them, as it falls fairly well in line with the fluff that I want, as does poison, thorns and other similar "natural" traps.

Kurald Galain
2009-09-05, 01:23 PM
Actually this should be easy: conjuring zones and pushing people in there is a pretty standard 4E wizard build.

I'd suggest dropping these feats: burning blizzard, expert ritualist, primal instinct, destructive wizardry. None of those are particularly effective. Instead, take things like arcane familiar, second implement, spell focus, war wizardry, jack of all trades, arcane admixture, and resounding thunder. If you care about damage, add dual implement wielder.

If for your wizard PP you take Spellstorm Mage or Blood Mage, you'd have good synergy with your pushing ability.

Add gauntlets of the ram and rushing cleats to your equipment, as well as an orb of irresistible force, and a ring of the ram as soon as you can afford it. Each increases pushing distance.

Tiki Snakes
2009-09-05, 01:33 PM
I didn't think there was a 'gestalt' in 4e. I take it you are basically cribbing from the old version?

How's it going for you?

Gralamin
2009-09-05, 01:40 PM
I didn't think there was a 'gestalt' in 4e. I take it you are basically cribbing from the old version?

How's it going for you?

Those rules, I guess I should mention, are mine. I've used them in quite a few games and they do seem to work.