PDA

View Full Version : Chosen of the Morningstar [PEACH](Warlock granted elite power from the Devil himself)

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-06, 12:25 PM
Chosen of the Morningstar
Based off of the Fiend-Blooded class from Heroes of Horror. It's a warlock that made a special pact with Asmodeus/Satan for advanced powers and the slow transition into becoming a devil. Maybe she is a consummately evil servant, or maybe she tries to use these powers for good, hunting the wicked to send their souls to hell.

Prerequisites
Alignment: Any nongood.
Skills: Bluff 9 ranks, Intimidate 9 ranks, Knowledge (the planes) 9 ranks, and Sense Motive 9 ranks.
Feats: Devil's Favor (http://dnd.savannahsoft.eu/feat-599-devil-s-favor.html), Devil's Aura (http://dnd.savannahsoft.eu/feat-598-devil-s-aura.html)
Invocations: Ability to use lesser invocations.

Chosen of the Morningstar (HD d6)
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Invocations

1st|
+0|
+1|
+1|
+1|Dread Might +1 AC|+1 level of existing invoking class

2nd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+1|Devil's Sight|+1 level of existing invoking class

3rd|
+2|
+2|
+2|
+2|Infernal Protection +2/silver, Dread Might +1 Cha|+1 level of existing invoking class

4th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+2|Telepathy, Fiendish Resilience 1|+1 level of existing invoking class

5th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+2|Dread Might +1 Str, Aura of Despair|--

6th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+3|Infernal Protection fire resist 10|+1 level of existing invoking class

7th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+3|Dread Might +1 Dex|+1 level of existing invoking class

8th|
+6|
+4|
+4|
+4|Charm, Fiendish Resilience 3|+1 level of existing invoking class

9th|
+6|
+4|
+4|
+4|Infernal protection acid/electricity resist 10, Dread Might +1 Con|+1 level of existing invoking class

10th|
+7|
+5|
+5|
+5|Hellish Exaltation, Fiendish Resilience 5|-- [/table]
Skills (4 + Int mod/level): Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowlege (any) (Int), Listen (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis) and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Dread Might: At 1st level, you gain a +1 bonus to your natural armor.
At 3rd level, your Charisma score increases by 1.
At 5th level, your Strength score increases by 1.
At 7th level, your Dexterity score increases by 1.
At 9th level, your Constitution score increases by 1.
Devil's Sight: At 2nd level you learn the Devil's Sight invocation.
Infernal Protection: At 3rd level, your damage reduction increases by 2 points, and any metal that pierces it changes to silver.
At 6th level, you gain resistance 10 against fire damage.
At 9th level, you gain resistance 10 against acid and electricity damage.
Fiendish Resilience 1: Starting at 4th level, once per day as a free action you can gain fast healing 1 for 2 minutes (20 rounds). The fast healing this ability grants increases to 3 at 8th level, and to 5 again at 10th level.
Telepathy: At 4th level, you gain telepathy out to 100 feet.
Aura of Despair: At 5th level, you radiate a malign aura that causes enemies within 10 feet of him to take a -2 penalty on all saving throws.
Charm: At 8th level you learn the Charm invocation.
Hellish Exaltation: At 10th level your body is imbued with the great fiendish power. In addition to the ability boosts you have gained throughout your career in this class, you gain an additional +1 to Dexterity, Constitution, Charisma and Strength. You also become immune to fire and poison, increase your damage reduction by 3 points, and add "good" to the list of properties that pierces it. For example, a 6th level warlock with 10 levels in Chosen of the Morningstar would have DR 6/silver and good. Finally, you become a native outsider and gain the [evil] subtype.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-06, 12:29 PM
Nice and flavourful but +1 stat increases won't do much to the average person, since it's every 2 that the modifier changes. I'd require that they not be already an evil outsider without the [Native] subtype, to ensure no devils are dumb enough to take this PrC.

Also, you should probably require that the warlock be Evil to join this class, as "sell your soul to the devil" is already stock flavour for being a warlock in the first place.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-06, 12:38 PM
They end up as +2 stat bonuses, eventually. And, if a devil is dumb enough to take it, then... the devil deserves the overlapping abilities. And, I didn't want to include an alignment restriction both because I don't use them, and because you wouldn't have to be evil, you could just be desperate. This is for if you go from being "I got an evil pact" to "I got an evil pact with the Devil himself, not just his lackeys or forces in general."

Omegonthesane
2009-09-06, 12:58 PM
They end up as +2 stat bonuses, eventually. And, if a devil is dumb enough to take it, then... the devil deserves the overlapping abilities. And, I didn't want to include an alignment restriction both because I don't use them, and because you wouldn't have to be evil, you could just be desperate. This is for if you go from being "I got an evil pact" to "I got an evil pact with the Devil himself, not just his lackeys or forces in general."
If you aren't Evil before such a pact, you're usually Evil after such a pact. For those of us who use alignments and restrictions, the mechanical effect of losing the PrC's benefits if you turn nonevil would represent the Devil taking back what he gave you when your soul leaves his clutches. Given that your only purpose in taking this class narrative-wise is to either be damned eternally in Hell or redeem yourself, I'd make it so your powers change mechanically and flavourifically rather than are lost forever if you turn good, as the forces of good reward you for joining them even with so much invested in their enemies.

Tatsel_Ganav
2009-09-06, 01:08 PM
What about trying to live forever and killing evil people to send their souls to Hell? Satan loves that, it gets him more "money." Also decidedly neutral. I'll add in "any nongood," though, that makes sense.