PDA

View Full Version : A few question about poison

zagan
2009-09-06, 12:34 PM
Hello all! I'm currently working on building a Duskblade using poison inspired by this thread (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4854.0)
While I know it's suboptimal, I think it could be fun in the right campaign.
For now it's only theorical but I want to have the answer to a few question before proposing the build to a DM.

I found a list of poison and most importantly their craft DC in complete adventurer (p98) but it's far from complete and a number of the poison I want mostly because they're easier to find, aren't on the list so I'm trying to determine a formula for it.
Here's my deduction:

Craft DC = DC to resist round up to nearest 5 or 0 +5 per dice of ability damage after the first.

Example:
A poison doing 1d6 con primary and secondary with a DC17 resist would have a craft dc of 20
A poison doing 3d6 con primary and secondary with a DC17 resist would have a craft dc of 30

Please tell me if you think that's correct.

The second problem being determining the price, to know how long the crafting process take, it depend on the category injury contact, ingested or inhaled, on the DC and on the number of dice perhaps also on what ability score they target.

I admit I didn't manage to deducted a good formula for it, any help would be welcome.