PDA

View Full Version : Reclaiming the Kingdom (3.5)

Knaven
2009-09-06, 12:47 PM
An icy wind blows across the rolling country hills that guide the snaking path of the road in this part of the kingdom. The breeze and overcast skies add a harsh chill to the party as they make their way towards Havenfar. A day out from the capital city that shares the name of the kingdom, Arleon, the group feels the weight of the task ahead of them. The only warmth the band finds is in the memory of the wondrous farewell King Talandran gave them. Now, standing on the road, the party of twelve looks to the north, and the battle that awaits them.

Weimann
2009-09-07, 06:38 AM
"Brrr." Raveena hutters and pulls her cloak tighter around her. "Maybe I should have brought a heavier set of clothes."

She adjusts her glasses slightly and gazes up at the winding road that will lead them to their destination. Thoughtfully, she digs in her backpack, produces a sheet of paper and pen and make a few scribbled notes at the top.

"Weather... harsh. Cold." She sucks the tip of the pen, then nods and put them back. "It's important to remember the atmosphere," she explains to the group at large.

Lubirio
2009-09-07, 10:02 AM
"It is indeed of major strategical importance, but I won't dwell on that now, since we will most likely not be fighting soon, if all goes well," Kilwon said, the way he said made you wonder wether he thought all would go well, or if he was counting on some disaster.

Kilwon then went on to look around at his surroundings, familiarizing himself with the countryside to see if he could find a good place to make camp.

do wel roll here or in OOC thread? for now I'll roll here.
[roll0] to find a good place to set camp and find out anything special about the countryside...

Ganurath
2009-09-07, 11:41 AM
Rurik keeps pace with the group easily enough, adjusting his robe in response to the complaints about the weather. "It's uncomfortable at first, but it didn't take me a single winter before I was used to it. It shouldn't be an issue."

The raven perched on his staff caws a few syllables, and the dwarf retorts with an utterly alien tongue. The bird c0cks its head to the side in a huff. "(Celestial) I don't see how the rope trick would be a pleasant surprise for those that get the short straws..."

BooNL
2009-09-07, 11:54 AM
Quimby

As the others are discussing the weather, a small shape rides up from the back of the convoy. Atop the chestnut pony rides a statuesque looking gnome. He wears an elegant black robe, with the holy symbol of St. Cuthbert embroidered on the chest.

The light shines on his bald-shaved head and his golden headband glistens in the sun. "If you lot are finished discussing the weather, we have a barony to recapture. I suggest we get a move on." His short black beard adds to his stern features. "Unless you'd like me to fetch the tea and crumpets, of course."

FirebirdFlying
2009-09-07, 10:24 PM
"…Now, Lady Evelyn, I do want it to be known that I am perfectly capable of fighting off the goblin - "

"Yes! Yes, Northren, I know," Evelyn snaps hurriedly, then pauses for a moment to breathe in deeply, "and I thank you for your assistance. Very much. Now, why don't you go flirt with your bloody orc calm Rikkin down - he seems a bit restless." Indeed, the half-orc is aimlessly hacking at the ground with his sword, with a look in his eye that indicates he would much rather be hacking at something that moves. D'Northren glances over, looks at Evelyn - who is smiling at him quite sweetly - then shrugs and walks over to Rikkin, two dogs following at his heels.

Evelyn turns to Quimby, sighing, and nods. "Although tea would be lovely, we should get moving."

Ganurath
2009-09-07, 10:55 PM
Rurik nods in agreement and starts walking along the road toward their destination. Although he himself doesn't express any issue with the half-orc in the party, Ollam is glaring daggers at Rikkin. "As you bid... Do you prefer Lady Evelyn, or Baroness?"

Etcetera
2009-09-08, 02:41 AM
A loud thump heralds the arrival of the last member of the party. A middle aged soldier, sweating even in the cold weather, was attempting to stealthily make his way down to the group, but tripped over a something and tumbled down a snowbank.

"I-I-I'm sorry I'm late my lady! I came as fast as I could but I-I-I got lost! It is fine, isn't it? I hope it's alright..."

Looking closer at the man, you can see that he carries a sword and shield uneasily, and is constantly glancing around. Occasionally he stares at the half orc and utters a curse.

Weimann
2009-09-08, 03:49 AM
Raveena giggles at the clumpsy newcomer, whereafter she gives him a friendly smile and a wave. She then continues to move onwards, overlooking the rest of the party. She looks at Rikkin with a mix of amusement and sovereign pity.

"I do wonder about the reasoning behind that one..." she mutters to herself.

Etcetera
2009-09-08, 03:51 AM
The fat soldier looks away and blushes. He mumbles something under his breath, then pulls out a stick of beef jerky and starts chewing on it.

BooNL
2009-09-08, 11:16 AM
Quimby

As more soldiers gear up and are ready to travel, Quimby nudges his pony and rides up beside Lady Evelyn.

"My lady, a word please." He leads her away from the rest of the group, when he is certain they are out of earshot he adresses her again. "So this will be our 'army' then?" As he speaks, his gaze occasionally flashes to the rest of the party. "I have to ask, how much do you trust them? Some of them look..." His peering eyes pass along the half-orc and the blundering, fat soldier. "... unclean."

Lubirio
2009-09-08, 11:23 AM
Looking over his 'recruits', Kilwon decided it could be worse, the half-orc would be a battle advantage but a tactical disadvantage, but it all weighs out, then, looking at the fat, stumbling new arrival, he went up to him, and asked, "Are you naturally lefty or did you choose that to disorient your enemies?" Then, not waiting for a response he went on to look suspiciously at Quimby and Lady Evelyn talking amongst themselves.

Then, addressed at the group, he said, "Well I think all are here, lets get moving!"

Etcetera
2009-09-08, 11:29 AM
The fat soldier looks bewilderedly at the bear of a man, then stares at a his sword and shield. After a few minutes he swaps his sword and shield around, looking relieved.

Knaven
2009-09-08, 12:00 PM
The group gathered and ready, the party starts out again towards the north. The sun slowly slinking down the western sky as they make their way through this cold, empty land. Seeing abandoned fields and houses along the way, this land of ghosts gives you an eerie tingle in your spine. Small conversation is the only escape your band finds to the lifelessness around you.

Weimann
2009-09-08, 12:08 PM
Shivering, Raveena looks out over the broken countryside, the ruins of the previously prosperous farming villages making her feel slightly sick. She falls in beside Kliwon and make a casual greeting that was probably intended to be formal.

"The war hit the land hard, didn't it?" She asks, her eyes locked at him rather than witnessing the emptiness around them. "I fled when the goblins invaded... I take it you were in the battles?"

Etcetera
2009-09-08, 12:38 PM
The fat soldier stows his sword and shield and pulls out a knife and piece of wood, and begins carving it.
(The knife is in fact a whetstone, and the piece of wood is a dagger.

Lubirio
2009-09-08, 01:37 PM
"Oh, yes. I served the old Baron of Havensfar when the goblins took over, it's a shame it should've happened on my watch. Nobody's perfect." The last bit seemed like an apology of letting the goblins take over. But after a while he began to relax more and responded in greater detail, "Me and Rurik were with the old Baron of Havensfar, when I came Rurik was already there. However, I seem to be getting the worst of it, with being in every single battle and all, I think I even lost count of the amount of goblins I killed." He shakes his head at that last comment, waiting for Raveena's reply of his somewhat short story.

Weimann
2009-09-08, 02:14 PM
"Really? Every single battle?" Raveena asks with a sincerely impressed tone. "You must have great knowledge of the enemy, in that case... and some battle prowess. I've personally never fought them, but I've seen what the war did to... the people." She's silent a second and then adds:

"You know, I might not actually have been to Havensfar, but I'm really thankful for this mission. I felt so useless when I was on the run, and I love that I got this chance for... er, helping people out." She blurted the last part out with a hurried laugh, but when speaking again, she sounds quite sincere.

"But anyway, I understand why most of the group members are so focused. Many lived there, right? It must have been a hell of a fight."

Etcetera
2009-09-08, 02:55 PM
Derek sniggered slightly:
"The trick is to cut a notch onto your weapon for every kill."
With this, he pulled his longsword back out and reveals a slightly notched (six or seven), but mostly just scratched and battered sword.

FirebirdFlying
2009-09-08, 03:23 PM
Blinking slightly at the bumbling man (I'm not sure I remember him coming along…), Evelyn goes with Quimby as he leads her off to the side. At his reservations, she nods. "I have been personally assured by our own King Talandran that Hathel D'Northren is capable, and by extension his followers are as well. And, Master Quimby, with our numbers I cannot afford not to trust them."

BooNL
2009-09-08, 03:54 PM
Quimby

The gnome is slightly surprised to hear that the soldiers are actually D'Northren's men. "Very well then. But know that as former inquisitor of our Holy Lord I feel dutybound to ferret out any sign of corruption or betrayal." He stares at Hathel "His actions will require special attention."

With that he kicks his pony firmly with his left boot and sets in gallop after the rest of the group.

Weimann
2009-09-08, 04:31 PM
Raveena looks back at Derek, surprised by his talking.

"Huh? Oh, right, notching. Every mark is one step closer to the end." She smiles and pats the quiver that hangs down her right thigh. "I'm not one to count how many men I've laid down, master warrior. I know it'll be plenty more before this battle is over, though." She grins, but nods in an acknowledging way at Derek's seven notches.

Etcetera
2009-09-09, 02:34 AM
Derek follows the rest of the party, bumbling along.

Ganurath
2009-09-09, 03:17 PM
Rurik marches along without complaint, with Ollam flying overhead to get a bird's eye view of the surrounding landscape. Every once in a while, Rurik will glance up at the bird as a signal to ask if it sees any signs of life. One caw for yes, two for no.

Knaven
2009-09-09, 04:07 PM
The frigid afternoon passes with no signs of life, save for your small band. As the sun slowly reaches the end of it's trek across the sky, you see in the distance a cluster of a few dozen buildings. For those of you who know the region, you recognize it as the hamlet of Kalden. With the day nearly at it's end, a breeze from the west brings the subtle scent of rain. You could be in store for a long, cold night.

BooNL
2009-09-10, 10:52 AM
Quimby

Glancing at the sky, a frown settles on Quimby's face."This looks like our stop for the day. I suggest we find an inn in this small town. Alternatively, we could secure one of the houses for a safe haven."

Etcetera
2009-09-10, 11:02 AM
Derek brightens up.
"An inn. Good. We can get in from the cold."

Weimann
2009-09-10, 11:02 AM
Raveena shines up visibly. "Oh, lovely. I think I should invest in some warmer clothes too." She, too, tosses a glance to the sky. "And possibly some rain-proof garments."

Lubirio
2009-09-10, 11:07 AM
I think if we look for an inn, it'll be too costly to accommodate us all, and barging in on a civilian's house would be unnecessary, I say we look for a good barn to spend the night.

And with that, Kilwon marched along happily, having said his thing.

Weimann
2009-09-10, 11:08 AM
"A... barn." Raveena comments, but leaves it at that.

Etcetera
2009-09-10, 11:09 AM
"You can go in a barn if you want, but I'm not sleeping rough. Plus, I need a drink."

Lubirio
2009-09-10, 11:13 AM
"Well, we can always go to an inn and get a drink, I have nothing against that, but I don't want to make this any harder on the civilians and our cash than it will already be."
Really arguing now, Kilwon displayed his full posture to the fat and bumbling man, trying to stomp his argument into him. (figure of speeach! figure of speech!)

[roll0]
+0 on intimidate is quite rare for a guy his posture right?

Etcetera
2009-09-10, 11:15 AM
Despite the fact your full posture is in fact somewhat slight? STOMP!:smallbiggrin:
"Nah, a good room in an inn will cost 5gp tops. The Baroness can afford that with her money."

Weimann
2009-09-10, 11:18 AM
"Agreed, it could be our last chance at any of those for quite some time." Raveena nods and, when she believe Kliwon won't notice, whispers to Derek jokingly, "But if he sleeps there, more money for drinks."

Ganurath
2009-09-10, 11:49 AM
Rurik listens to the exchange, then quietly coughs. "My staff will let me extend the Rope Trick I prepared long enough to provide accomodations for eight, if that helps our budget any."

Weimann
2009-09-10, 12:02 PM
Raveena contemplates the relative comfort between sleeping between linen sheets and in a little, foldable rift in spacetime, and find the latter lacking.

"Uh, well, whatever way we do it... I can let you guys sleep for free if you like. It's okay, really. I'll just buy myself a room, yes." Her tone is very generous and self-depleting.

BooNL
2009-09-10, 12:11 PM
Quimby

The gnome patiently listens to the others discussing the accomodation, but his interest is piqued as the obese soldier speaks. "A drink?" He looks at him with a stern face, a small flash of anger can be seen flashing across his face. "May I remind you that you are still on duty soldier? By the Lord's will, you will not be drinking on this eve, not when you should be having the protection of Lady D'Havenfar on your mind!"

Etcetera
2009-09-10, 12:17 PM
"She may not look it, but the duchess is pretty capable of looking after herself. And I'd rather sleep in a bed I can trust that up some magic rope."

Lubirio
2009-09-10, 12:42 PM
"If it's no trouble the rope will suit me well, as for the Baroness, I think she will need protection despite the fact that she may look like she can handle herself, which I have no doubt she can."

Etcetera
2009-09-10, 12:50 PM
"Duchess, baroness, lady. They're all the same. You don't look like to could take a sword to the gut anyway, skinny."
A lot of mistakes I've been making lately, Lubirio. And yes, you totally failed your intimidate check. You needed at least a seven. Which means that Quimby is more intimidating than you.

Lubirio
2009-09-10, 12:54 PM
(I didn't even look at it, just assumed it failed, and he actually doesn't want to be intimidating, it allows him to kill more things :smallwink:)
"I'm not quite certain they are the same but in this case, she is both a Lady and a Baroness, and do I look like I can take a sword to the gut, ignoring all the various scars?" ... "Exactly"

Etcetera
2009-09-10, 01:04 PM
"Well, if you have scars it's a sign that you're not that good at fighting."
Derek points to his head.
"Unblemished!"
And yes, he has just changed tack completely.

Weimann
2009-09-10, 01:05 PM
"Still, as much as I would love to kick back some, we are hired to work," Raveena cuts into the discussion. She glances at Quimby, looking a bit chastised. "We should probably keep cool tonight, better safe than sorry, right?"

Lubirio
2009-09-10, 01:06 PM
"Unblemished? How did you just do that, good friend?"
On another note, you know the scars are from the few wounds he does receive right?

Etcetera
2009-09-10, 01:11 PM
"It's more a matter of how didn't I do it..."
Yes, I do.

Ganurath
2009-09-10, 01:17 PM
Rurik steps between Derek and Kilwon. Ollam stares at the former from his perch, while Rurik gives Kilwon a wary look with his eye. "You should know better."

Etcetera
2009-09-10, 01:19 PM
Derek tries to feed the raven a piece of cured meat.

Ganurath
2009-09-10, 01:40 PM
If Kilwon's the only member of the group familiar with the Celestial tongue, he may be the only one to appreciate the familiar's rant. "(Celestial) What do you take me for? Do I look like the bastard child of a vulture and a paraket? Ollam wanna handout? Ollam wanna handout? Bah! I will not endure such indignity!"

For those who don't speak Celestial, the bird's tone is clearly angry and offended, prompting Rurik to use the private empathic language to calm the bird down.

Etcetera
2009-09-10, 01:42 PM
Derek shrugs his shoulders and eats the piece himself.

BooNL
2009-09-10, 01:53 PM
Quimby

Quimby is slightly amused at the raven's comments. He is however, too white-hot to reply to him.

"I have just had about enough of your insubordination. You are a soldier of the army and you are out of line."
He steps off of his pony and walks up to the man. "You have one final chance to reconcile." He is now almost a foot away from him. The fact that he has to look up to dark to Derek doesn't make him less intimidating. "If not, this will be your last evening as a soldier."

Could you guys please keep your out of character discussion spoilered?

Also, I like playing stern bastards:smallbiggrin:

Etcetera
2009-09-10, 01:58 PM
Derek pales slightly, but he doesn't say anything. He sits down.

BooNL
2009-09-10, 02:01 PM
Quimby

Finally able to look him straight in the eyes. "Good, now be silent."

Weimann
2009-09-10, 02:51 PM
Raveena watches the spectacle from a few steps away, looking rather relieved that the gnome chose Derek rather than her as his target. Then she glances over at Kilwon, looking a bit ashamed.

"Sorry about that, sir. We are going into a warzone, and it's not my place to question the chain of command. We will sleep and drink where- and whatever you deem appropriate."

Knaven
2009-09-10, 03:48 PM
As your party bickers, you make your way to the outskirts of Kalden, a town of ghosts in a land of ghosts. Dust stirs in the wind, a shutter creaks loudly, and your band is the only life to be found. As you study the barren town further, you notice small signs of the most recent occupants. A long dead fire in the middle of town, overturned wagons and carts used as makeshift barricades, broken weapons and poorly fired arrows. It seems the townsfolk had made a feeble stand against the invaders, but had quickly been overrun by the waves of goblinoids.

A memory stirs in the back of your minds, you hear the king's voice in your heads explaining that not only Havenfar was taken, but every city, village and town along the road to the very walls of Arleon itself. Lady Evelyn remembers her orders from the King; to make safe the road between Arelon and Havenfar, and all the towns that dwell upon it. There doesn't seem to be any battle to fight here, only an empty village in desperate need of repair.

You all come to a stop in the town square, facing what appears to be the village meeting hall, and next to it, an inn. The sign, which now only has one chain holding it up on the right side, reads "The Rested Raven".

Weimann
2009-09-10, 04:09 PM
Raveena looks up at the sign.

"Well, I believe this just solved the financial issues.Spot Check on the street outside and on the entrance to the inn - 1d20+7

Bardic Knowledge about this village - 1d20+10

Weimann
2009-09-10, 04:14 PM
Apparently, you can't edit in dice rolls afterwards >.>

Spot Check on the street outside and on the entrance to the inn - [roll0]

Bardic Knowledge about this village - [roll1]

Lubirio
2009-09-10, 04:32 PM
"Those Damned Goblins!" Kilwon exclaims, then he perfroms some kin of religious ritual involving his swords, after which he tells the group, "It's a shame this should've happened on my watch." He really looks sorry about the village.

Ganurath
2009-09-10, 11:57 PM
Rurik gestures upward with his staff, and Ollam takes flight. He looks the village over, trying to get an idea of how the battle went... Or would go, if goblins lingered. "Depending on if any linger, you may have a second chance tonight."

1d20+11

Using the tactical application in Complete Warrior, if you can consider a conquered village a "fortress." Urban warfare, and all.

Ganurath
2009-09-10, 11:58 PM
[roll0]

Let's try again.

BooNL
2009-09-12, 02:10 AM
Quimby

"They never stood a chance." Quimby surveyes the scene with a bitter face. "Unholy creatures, no one deserves a fate like this."

He dismounts next to Kilwon, kneels down and prays. "May the Cudgel guide these unfortunate souls to their afterlife and protect them from any dangers on their path. May our Lord bring light in this, the darkest of our hour and be ever vigilant for the evils within and without. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

He remains kneeling, a gentle hymn can be heard escaping from his mouth.

Etcetera
2009-09-14, 02:38 PM
Derek jumps off the wagon, giving "I'm gonna go look around." as his only explanation.

Derek will now roam the towns ruins, looking for anything out of the ordinary while attempting to pass unnoticed. Specifically the corpses of goblins, defenders and any building not damaged, or signs of human life. If skill checks are in order I'll post them.

FirebirdFlying
2009-09-14, 03:16 PM
Evelyn sighs, gripping her halberd a little more firmly and bowing her head at Quimby's prayer. As Derek goes off, she frowns after him. "…He has the right idea, at least. Check around - for surviving victims first, if you please. I know there's little chance there will be, but…no sense in leaving some poor soul to die after having lived so far. Go - not alone. I'll follow him. Meet back here. Twenty minutes - at thirty minutes, we'll go looking for anyone missing."

D'Northren shrugs, and beckons to his three lackeys, while Joren and Terri follow Evelyn.

Lubirio
2009-09-14, 04:14 PM
After hearing such good ideas, Kilwon goes off into the opposite direction to look for survivors there, "I'll go this way, maybe there's any here." I'm pretty sure there won't be though, can't hurt to try though right?

Weimann
2009-09-14, 04:38 PM
"Hang on. I'm with you." Raveena reaches for her bow, pulling it from her magical quiver. "Just to be safe," she explains, following Kilwon.Skip the Spot check on the main street. I would still like the result on the Bardic Knowledge check, though. And I will probably make a new Spot check soon.

Knaven
2009-09-14, 06:30 PM
The group discusses a plan of action as the sun continues to slowly set. You see the battle probably didn't last more than an hour or so with such meager defenses. The small farming town just didn't have the resources to hold off such a large force. You only see the remains of the battle that happend during the fall, several months back. There are no corpses or signs of either the peaceful inhabitants or the vile goblinoids. As the group decides to search and each member takes a few steps in different directions, you feel the ground start to tremble. Looking down the road you just came into town on, you see the ground parting like the wake of a swimming creature, something obviously very large is burrowing it's way towards the group. About thirty feet out, the ground finally breaks, and a large creature leaps out. Standing several feet tall and at least a dozen feet in length, the dark, armor-plate shelled creature that looks like a cross between an armadillo and a shark lets out from it's snapping maw a tremendous roar!

BooNL
2009-09-15, 01:44 AM
[roll0]

As Quimby hasn't mentioned where to go I'm assuming he's still at the spot where he prayed. Which is to say, in the middle of the town centre, yipes!

Is it too late to mention he had Mage Armor up? :smallbiggrin:

Ganurath
2009-09-15, 02:07 AM
Rurik throws a glare upward at Ollam for failing to spot such an immense disturbance, but focuses his attention on the beast as he gets a mental image of the tactical situation.

[roll0]

A grid of some sort, or at least a rough description of relative placement, would be appreciated.

Etcetera
2009-09-15, 10:13 AM
Initiative:
[roll0]
John is somewhere behind it (he was some distance away from the party, and it's likely that the landshark would have detected the rest of the party (with wagon) and will try to flank. If he's within 30ft he'll move and attack, and if not he'll run until he's within 10 ft. He will not drop his disguise.
Attack (if necessary)
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Lubirio
2009-09-15, 11:16 AM
Acting quickly as response to the danger, Kilwon moved closer to the thing, drawing both his weapons as he does so.

"I'll watch your backs, don't you worry!" He shouted as he moved past some of his allies.

Weimann
2009-09-15, 11:57 AM
Raveena reacts almost instantly, turning around on her heel while she draws an arrow from her quiver. "Okay, this just got serious." There is a small grin on her lips as she pulls the string back, readying the projectile.
Initiative - [roll0]

Free action: Knowledge (Nature) check to identify the animal - [roll1]

Knaven
2009-09-16, 02:54 AM
As the creature appeared, you all mentally switched to a tactical frame of mind. You see the long dry stone fountain in the middle of town offers little protection; same with the beaten makeshift barricades that scatter the area. You doubt it would be very difficult for this tremendous creature to smash right through them. You notice the roof of the stable has collapsed on the north side of the inn. With a little speed and balance, you guess someone could run right up it and onto the roof of the inn. As you feel the hot breath rush over you from the monster's mighty roar, you know you must act quickly.

BooNL
2009-09-16, 09:40 AM
Quimby

Slightly shaken and surprised by the huge creature, Quimby quickly drops into a battle stance. He surveyes the battlefield and notices plenty of room between him and the monster.

He graps his staff and starts chanting, ready to strenghen his allies if they get close to the monster.

I'm obviously on a low count here, so you can wait for this action until I'm up.

Quimby readies an action to cast Bull's Strength at the first ally to attack the monster.

That person will get a +4 bonus to strength for 3 minutes.

Lubirio
2009-09-16, 10:35 AM
"BUFF ME!"
Kilwon Roared as he runs into direct mele combat to the monster, trying to get its attention and divert it off of noncombatants. "I'm going in!" As he runs, he draws both his swords, and starts slashing away at it, hoping one of the attacks would hit it.

Pretty much expect Kilwon to be fighting the monster as long as it's possibly, falling back when at 1HP or lower, from which point he'll try to get the strategical upper-hand as best he can, or re-enter melee combat if healed.

Weimann
2009-09-16, 11:13 AM
"Roger!" Raveena denotes that she has understood Kilwon's intention. She smirks, her lips mumbling something to herself.

"This is just perfect... end of the second chapter, I think... yes, it'll be a great tempo boost..." Raveena keeps her bow at the ready, but she doesn't fire. Instead, she collects herself, takes a deep breath and, in a clear, forceful voice that resonates with confidence, she begins to sing. The song is elven, so the words aren't clear to many, but the rhythm, tone and intent of it is evident. Fluent as water and yet steadfast as rock, the music resonate among the fallen houses, filling the participants with confidence.

Position - G12

Free action - Mumble about plot layout.

Standard action - Bardic Music: Inspire Courage +1 (Su)

Everyone hearing the song receives a +1 morale bonus to saves against charm and fear, and to attack and damage rolls for as long as Raveena sings and for 5 rounds ahead.

End turn.

Etcetera
2009-09-16, 11:22 AM
"Hmm. Not really my field of expertise."
Derek's demeanour has changed instantly and he makes ready to try and run onto the inn.

Run 120ft
Balance: [roll0] Skill synergy ftw!
Jump (If necessary): [roll1]
Tumble: (If he fails enough to warrant falling damage): [roll2]
Damn. What an annoying arrangement of rolls.

Derek will then take pot shots at the monster while attempting to keep out of it's reach.

Knaven
2009-09-18, 05:34 AM
The monsterous creature bellows as Kilwon charges into it, hacking away hard, the monsters armored skin deflecting the blows. Kilwon does however find a soft spot with his first strike from his short sword, drawing a large gash in the beasts jaw. You hear Raveena begin to sing a quick, uplifting song that adds courage to your actions and sureness to your swings. Evelyn guides her horse with her knees as she charges by the monster's left side, swinging her great weapon down onto the monster's back, but the thick hide cause the weapon to graze off it's back. John attempts to take a tactical postion on the inn, but the steep slope of the collapsed roof causes him to slide on his feet back down to the ground. Joren, following his master, rushes in, launching a mighty punch into the monster's side, leaving a very dark bruise. Enraged by the smaller creatures assulting it, the beast snaps it's mighty jaw at Kilwon, but is too slow to bite on. It then takes a few swipes with it's great claws, missing Kilwon with one, but catching Joren hard with the other. Rurik and Quimby prepare their spells, Quimby enhancing Kilwon with a spell of strength. Evelyn's followers move about the creature, all attempting to wound it without success. One of the small dogs however finds a soft part of the monster's underbelly and lands a very solid bite.

Weimann
2009-09-20, 03:21 AM
Smiling as the song reaches it's intended effect, Raveena releases the arrow she had prepared, sending it hurtling towards the creature.

BooNL
2009-09-21, 01:48 AM
Quimby

As the fight is on, the small gnome standing in the back frantically flicks through his spellbook. Silently cursing himself for not preparing for this contingiency, he closes his book and runs closer to the rest of the group.

"Have heart warriors, we can handle this monster. I will keep you free from hurt!" He graps his holy symbol and gets ready to heal his companions should they suffer any grievous wounds.

Ganurath
2009-09-21, 01:55 AM
Rurik murmurs and gestures, and a giant badger with fur of white and copper forms in front of the great beast. "We really should have taken a moment to discuss tactics during that walk. Specifically, the tactic of not getting in the radius of a web spell. Ah, well."

Lubirio
2009-09-21, 09:37 AM
As Kilwon kept hacking at the creature, he bellowed, No ... time ... for ... tactics ... anymore!" one word after each blow.