PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden 2 to use Six Axis in a..."unique" way.

13_CBS
2009-09-06, 08:43 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94494-Ninja-Gaiden-2-to-Support-Sixaxis-for-T-A

So...yeah. :smallannoyed:

warty goblin
2009-09-06, 08:46 PM
Wow. That makes Ninja Gaiden Sigma a game I have negative interest in playing. Thank heavens it'll never be ported over to sully my beloved PC.

BizzaroStormy
2009-09-06, 09:31 PM
While not a particularly bad idea, it just proves that the Sixaxis is just a complete waste of technology.

13_CBS
2009-09-06, 09:41 PM
Wow. That makes Ninja Gaiden Sigma a game I have negative interest in playing.

A likely story. :smalltongue:

chiasaur11
2009-09-06, 09:46 PM
Wow.

I am mildly ashamed for the human race.

And yeah. Six-axis was a bad attempt at stealing Nintendo's thunder, all in all.

Trazoi
2009-09-06, 10:22 PM
I'm sure this feature is necessary to represent the true artistic vision behind the game. Much like the pole-dancing sequence that will no doubt be included in Metroid: Other M. :smalltongue:

If you flip the Sixaxis controller on its edge, can you make the characters facepalm?

KilltheToy
2009-09-06, 10:24 PM
This makes me sad. Very, very sad.

Let us hope this is a one-shot gimmick .

Xanedan
2009-09-06, 11:50 PM
Nothing new from Team Ninja, IIRC DOA 2 asked you to input your age into the options menu which correlated to the amount of jiggle the female characters exhibited.

It doesn't really change my opinion of the game as I turned the six-axis function off due to the horrible remote batarang controls in Arkham Asylum and will probably never turn it on again.

Arutema
2009-09-07, 12:14 AM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94494-Ninja-Gaiden-2-to-Support-Sixaxis-for-T-A

So...yeah. :smallannoyed:
So, they took an Easter Egg from Metal Gear Solid 4 and made it a widely advertised feature.

psilontech
2009-09-07, 12:47 AM
Hah. I don't know what paladin's metal stick is stuck up everyone's bum, but I find this absolutely hilarious. I literally laughed out loud and slapped my knee upon reading that article.

Heh.

Sholos
2009-09-07, 01:18 AM
Hah. I don't know what paladin's metal stick is stuck up everyone's bum, but I find this absolutely hilarious. I literally laughed out loud and slapped my knee upon reading that article.

Heh.

It's called the rest of us having grown past the point where we are awed by jiggling breasts. Good for horny teenagers, not so much for people with a bit more maturity in them.

Myatar_Panwar
2009-09-07, 01:37 AM
No, you don't have to get a boner over this.

But you can still laugh about it. Because it is ridiculous. And funny.

Jeez people

Kalbron
2009-09-07, 02:43 AM
Are we sure this isn't simply a straight faced joke?

This is a Japanese company after all. The serious ones are deathly serious, but the rest can pull off stuff like trolling a huge otaku population, eg: KyoAni.

Arutema
2009-09-07, 03:29 AM
As infantile as this is, it's a far better use for Sixaxis than trying to control gameplay with it.

BizzaroStormy
2009-09-07, 03:57 AM
It's called the rest of us having grown past the point where we are awed by jiggling breasts. Good for horny teenagers, not so much for people with a bit more maturity in them.

Theres a big difference between being mature and being uptight.

Mature - Laughs at this idea but doesn't really go much past that.

Uptight - The first 5 or so posts in this thread. Seriously people, its a video game; lighten up.

Athaniar
2009-09-07, 05:14 AM
Do you have to use this feature when you play the game? No? Then don't use it if you don't like it.

Kris Strife
2009-09-07, 07:43 AM
Is it bad that I'm interested in this game now just to mess around with the jiggle physics? Not for that kind of enjoyment, but just for the laughs?

Johnny Blade
2009-09-07, 08:16 AM
Do you have to use this feature when you play the game? No? Then don't use it if you don't like it.
The problem is that there are people who like it and therefore will use it, you know?

Of course, I must admit that I laughed about it.

Tangent: I remember reading an article years ago - it was the print version of some PC gaming magazine, and I haven't bought one in the last 8 years or so - wherein the author wrote that there would be a time when, to paraphrase, someone would get paid only for spending his time designing the bouncing of Lara Croft's boobs.
That was meant to be sarcastic and over the top at the time.

ZeroNumerous
2009-09-07, 08:42 AM
I had a good laugh about it. I mean, really. What else is the game good for?

Oh, and I guess the six axis is useless too. :smalltongue:

Destro_Yersul
2009-09-07, 08:44 AM
I find myself unable to do anything but say "oh, Team Ninja", and then shake my head and smile while chuckling quietly to myself. :smalltongue:

Enlong
2009-09-07, 11:33 AM
Bit off topic, but just how many "Ninja Gaiden 2"s are there now?

Comet
2009-09-07, 11:52 AM
Bit off topic, but just how many "Ninja Gaiden 2"s are there now?
Two plus one remake, I think.

The one we're getting now is a kind of remake of the Ninja Gaiden 2 that came out for the Xbox360 in 2008. This new version is called Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or something along those lines.

Then there's the original Ninja Gaiden 2. Back in the day when the series was about awesome 2D ninja action instead of unconfident game developers hiding behind boob-physics and gore. :smalltongue:

Enlong
2009-09-07, 12:06 PM
And hawks that hit harder than rocket launchers. Good times, good times.