PDA

View Full Version : [WoD] Requesting Advice from Experienced Storytellers!

Aranai
2009-09-06, 09:40 PM
So I'm in the preparations to run my first crossover WoD game, using Vampire, Werewolf, and Mage. I've run many-a Mage game before, but I've never run Vamp or Werewolf. Picked up the Werewolf book and am reading it at the moment, and I'll be borrowing the Vamp book from a friend when I'm done. Anyhoo, I just wanted some advice from any Storyteller who has crossed any WoD games in the past. I've definitely got time to work with suggestions, as I'm not planning on starting this game for at least a month.

As far as setting info goes, I've got the time period set in the apex of the Roman Empire. Due to this, the skill lists have been fiddled with. Mages and Werewolves are somewhat out in the open, but the existance of Vamps is dubious. Vamps haven't been touched very much, Werewolves are slightly altered, and Mages have a fair amount of backstory rewriting (Such as taking out the Atlantean mythos; and replacing the Watchtowers with what path of magic you were introduced to initially).

Apologies for the verbose post.

Indon
2009-09-06, 09:44 PM
Considering the time period, will you be running Paradox lighter than usual? I'm sure you know of the impact Paradox can have over the power level of a Mage game.

Aranai
2009-09-06, 09:55 PM
Indeed. Mages are running under the assumption that the vast majority of the people around them will be Sleepwalkers.

Chineselegolas
2009-09-06, 10:12 PM
I'm currently playing in a Live NWoD game with those three factions. Primary concerns, are you having people play all the factions, and are you having them work together.
If so, why are they working together?

For example one of the main conflicts which keeps coming up at our game is between Spirit Mages and Werewolves. Now there are no Spirit Mages in the city *cough*

Another problem with bring Kindred in, is the whole only at night issue (Unless we are talking Ordo Dracul and are staying out of sunlight, but that is a whole 'nother kettle of fish), can force characters to not be involved in certain plans.

Aranai
2009-09-06, 10:17 PM
The players are a group of like-minded individuals who believes the Emperor (a Vamp) is in dire need of replacement. So yes, they're working together. For the most part, players are going to be either Warwelfs or Mages. One exception is a player who's intending to be one of the Emperor's bastards, and has an Artifact (in the form of a signet ring) that supresses vampiric traits, such as the whole sunlight thing. The downside to said signet is that he can't use any Vamp supernatural stuff when it's on, and is effectively a squishy muggle mortal. He also has to worry about having the information get out, lest he be silenced.