PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Familiar

Tyndmyr
2009-09-06, 10:04 PM
What is your favorite familiar and why?

I find myself often taking a familiar for an attractive bonus, then completely forgetting he exists for the next dozen levels or so. However, my favorite familiar is one a kender sorcerer had...a illusory kitten. Being a kender, his personality is appropriate, and he insists he's not really a sorcerer, and that the kitten is real. So strong is his belief that the kitten actually acts real.

Temet Nosce
2009-09-06, 10:15 PM
Imp. Not only does it suit me RP wise, but it's incredibly useful. It has a large number of abilities including alternate form at will and the ability to use wands.

Yukitsu
2009-09-06, 10:21 PM
My favourite was Cael's staff. It was an item familiar that he had imbued with his effeminate side, which wound up being all his strong, agressive feelings for some reason. She wound up having a high enough ego score that he basically went around going by his familiars commands, though they generally agreed on what had to be done.

By the end of the campaign, due to a variety of problematic agreements with a celestial (She asked if she could have my child, in exchange for magical knowledge. My response was "But I haven't got a child. Hmm. I guess I need to go get one. How does one go about that?") the staff wound up getting shape changed into a humanoid form. Since they couldn't keep the shapechange up for 9 months, it was decided that Cael should get a belt of gender changing, and that the staff should do the fathering. My explanation as to why I did it this way was because he didn't care too much for imposing himself on others, and more importantly, both the DM and I knew the clause that stated that item familiars tend to be clingy and possessive.

Commented that I was the first male PC to be impregnated by a female item, and the first to equivocate a situation that badly.

BTW, my character was a crazed, yet kind hearted wizard theorist. I imagine this conversation came up some time after his child was born: http://xkcd.com/441/

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-09-06, 10:22 PM
Snake.

Not powerful, but I like snakes. Bluff and Scent aren't bad either.

Temet Nosce
2009-09-06, 10:24 PM
My favourite was Cael's staff. It was an item familiar that he had imbued with his effeminate side, which wound up being all his strong, agressive feelings for some reason. She wound up having a high enough ego score that he basically went around going by his familiars commands, though they generally agreed on what had to be done.

By the end of the campaign, due to a variety of problematic agreements with a celestial (She asked if she could have my child, in exchange for magical knowledge. My response was "But I haven't got a child. Hmm. I guess I need to go get one. How does one go about that?") the staff wound up getting shape changed into a humanoid form. Since they couldn't keep the shapechange up for 9 months, it was decided that Cael should get a belt of gender changing, and that the staff should do the fathering. My explanation as to why I did it this way was because he didn't care too much for imposing himself on others, and more importantly, both the DM and I knew the clause that stated that item familiars tend to be clingy and possessive.

Commented that I was the first male PC to be impregnated by a female item, and the first to equivocate a situation that badly.

I blinked. It takes a good bit for a story to surprise me, but that's strange enough that I read it twice.

Excellent concept, and even better job RPing it.

Jack_Simth
2009-09-06, 10:25 PM
Of the base familiars?

Bat. Blindsense-20 is very handy for placing spells like Glitterdust when there's invisible opponents about. Also helps on watch.

Godskook
2009-09-06, 10:31 PM
Personally, I'm fond of the cat familiar, just for the various RP reasons involved with it.

Froogleyboy
2009-09-06, 10:33 PM
Platypus, best.familiar.ever.

Yukitsu
2009-09-06, 10:36 PM
I blinked. It takes a good bit for a story to surprise me, but that's strange enough that I read it twice.

Excellent concept, and even better job RPing it.

Thanks. Despite my excessive optimization, I tend to try my best at RPing things out. :smallbiggrin:

rezplz
2009-09-06, 10:36 PM
Tarrasque. ;D

In low-level campaigns, I usually go toad. I once lived only because I was a gnome, had a good CON score, and a toad familiar. Poor gnome got crit'd for max damage with a heavy crossbow... D:

Eldariel
2009-09-06, 10:39 PM
Yukitsu: That made me smile.

@Topic: I really, really like Pseudodragons. They feel just...right for a familiar.

Demons_eye
2009-09-06, 10:40 PM
For a one shot I played a warforge artificer with the sub level. I got two familiars as weapons my right and left fist. One told me to do bad things while the other told me to do good things.

Animefunkmaster
2009-09-06, 10:42 PM
On the opposite side of the alignment spectrum from the Imp is the Coure Eladrin from Book of Exalted Deeds. It is almost the exact opposite, very useful spell like abilities, can use wands, doesn't get DR, but 60ft flight speed and it's own unique alternate form.

Can't alternate form up to a medium size (so no shared alter self into the very hot dwarf ancestor) but magic circle against evil and good skills too. Not to mention it's Fairie Fire spell like is just begging to be combo-ed with obscuring mist or similar spells.

If your playing good aligned, the Coure Eladrin is a great familiar.

Lycanthromancer
2009-09-06, 10:42 PM
My favorite familiar is a psicrystal.

They're better than anything not under the heading of 'improved familiar.' Really.

I can flavor it as Bunnytron 6000 (http://www.dailycuteness.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/bunny4.jpg) if I want something cute and fluffy.

Tyndmyr
2009-09-06, 10:44 PM
Tarrasque. ;D

Your ideas intrigue me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Thurbane
2009-09-06, 10:46 PM
My Raven familiar, Edgar, was my favorite. His crowcall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Kennedy#The_Graham_Kennedy_Show) also sounded like a swear :smallbiggrin:

SartheKobold
2009-09-06, 10:59 PM
I can't remember where I heard it <Maybe here?> but I remember hearing about someone playing a Hunter S. Thompson-ish wizard that had a bat familiar he forgot he summoned. So every now and then he'd swat at this bat that continued to follow him around. He named it "F*cking Bat!"

As for my own, I have a Kobold Wizard with a Chameleon named Shiho, and an Aberrant (Aberration-Blooded Human) with an Evil Turtle that told him dark secrets...

Lycanthromancer
2009-09-06, 11:05 PM
As for my own, I have a Kobold Wizard with a Chameleon named Shiho, and an Aberrant (Aberration-Blooded Human) with an Evil Turtle that told him dark secrets...

All glory be to The Great God Om?

Kosjsjach
2009-09-06, 11:21 PM
This thread makes me smile.

For practicality and core-ocity, I'm going to agree with bat, for all the reasons Jack_Smith mentioned.

I know, I could've phrased that better.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-09-06, 11:25 PM
I've always liked ravens, since they can speak a language.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-09-07, 12:01 AM
Mephits... any of them.

Kylarra
2009-09-07, 12:06 AM
I've always like pseudodragons as well.

horseboy
2009-09-07, 12:09 AM
Also a fan of the pseudo-dragon, even though my buddies talked me into playing Pathfinder and I'm playing a gnome's skunk freed familiar.

Gorbash
2009-09-07, 04:59 AM
Hamsters (Rats). Because they go for the eyes.

sofawall
2009-09-07, 05:03 AM
Is it sad that I pick Hummingbirds, purely for the initiative?

Yeah, I never take any of the improved familiars, and often trade my familiars in anyway. Hummingbird is cool though.

Salt_Crow
2009-09-07, 05:14 AM
I usually don't keep familiars because my DM tend to go for them first. "It balances things out you see, you're more powerful than the rest of the group combined, so you get to have an extra challenge all for yourself!" he said.

It was interesting in a way, but ever since then I never keep a familiar if I can help it.

Saph
2009-09-07, 05:21 AM
I'm quite fond of the Rat and Weasel familiars. I like having high saving throws, and I like the mental image of my familiar climbing around my sorcerer's sleeves and shoulders. (Usually I'll have them hide in my backpack when there's a fight on.)

Cyclocone
2009-09-07, 05:23 AM
Abrupt Jaunt.

That being said, I do like cats. I have fond memories of playing a Fiend-Blooded Sorcerer with a fiendish kitty familiar that just wouldn't leave the Ranger's poor dog alone.

Darcand
2009-09-07, 05:58 AM
My bard had an air elemental familiar named foooo

Cicciograna
2009-09-07, 07:22 AM
Wow, with so much etherogeneity, I almost feel ashamed to say that my favourite familiar is the Owl :smallsmile: .
Long before Harry Potter, I'll add.

bosssmiley
2009-09-07, 10:50 AM
Owl. It is the iconic wizardly familiar and has massive cultural traction. It's good enough for Athena, Merlin and the mighty Lego wizard (http://www.supertoys.co.uk/catalog/images/5614-1.jpg). Also, Harry who? :smallconfused:

(if owls are unavailable I'll settle for a Raven, mainly for the Odin connotations)

Set
2009-09-07, 11:37 AM
Raven. Having conversations with your familiar at 1st level is fun.

It's also fun for the DM, when he wants to have your familiar make a quip in the middle of the game.

Bob the Urgh
2009-09-07, 12:52 PM
The snake. I named mine floppy (always wanted a dog with that name).

Cieyrin
2009-09-07, 07:12 PM
Regular familiar: Hedgehog. I like both the NA bonus I get and that he can curl into a defensive ball.:smallbiggrin:

Improved Familiar: Winter Wolf. What? Why're you all looking at me funny?:smallconfused:

arguskos
2009-09-07, 07:19 PM
My favorite familiars are the Quasit/Imp (for being hilariously awesome), the Pseudodragon (because I like having a mini-dragon following my commands and being cool in taverns; it's a lady magnet), the Stirge (yay Super Mosquito go!), and any Tiny Elemental (needs DM approval of course, but is soooooo fun to have a Tiny Earth Elemental with more Str than you have).

Nerocite
2009-09-07, 07:23 PM
10-ft pole. Practical and stylish!

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-09-07, 08:07 PM
Raven. There's so much flavor you can do with a familiar that can have a conversation with you, especially if you have an...inventive DM. Some options: Seer. No divinations, just an intelligent, mean bird who sits on your shoulder saying how bad things are gong to happen to everyone around.
The brains(sorc-only). The bird sits on his head, and tells the sorc if he's making a poor decision. Insults optional.
+2 intimidate. The raven, during combat or any social situation where it matters, lists in detail how you are going to dismember the opponent. Perhaps while munching on an eyeball. After combat, he's a normal friendly pet.

Yeah, I like mean birds. Can you tell?

ondonaflash
2009-09-07, 09:15 PM
Air Genasi wizard with a Air Mephit familiar. They'd bicker and argue, and talk about the elemental plane of air.

cupkeyk
2009-09-07, 10:34 PM
Hamsters (Rats). Because they go for the eyes.

But they're better as animal companions. The miniature giant space variety.

I once had a beholderkin Eyeball named Onion. Optimized for shooting touch attacks. So cute.

Berserk Monk
2009-09-07, 10:35 PM
The kind that kills you in the most painful, amusing manner possible.

lyko555
2009-09-07, 10:50 PM

BTW, my character was a crazed, yet kind hearted wizard theorist. I imagine this conversation came up some time after his child was born: http://xkcd.com/441/

I am in awe

Emy
2009-09-07, 11:08 PM
Beguiler. Always-on true seeing, plus they have natural attacks, can speak, and can use weapons/items.

Hummingbirds, Ravens, Coure Eladrins, and dragons are all relatively cool too.

spamoo
2009-09-07, 11:15 PM
My favorite was my Halfling Sorcerer's ferret familiar. Over the course of the campaign the ferret developed a literal god complex. He was convinced that he was an illegitimate son of Pelor and was destined to overthrow Nerull and become the new god of the dead. In the next campaign with that group, I actually played that ferret with Cleric levels who adamantly refused to actually walk under his own power. Unfortunately, that campaign didn't last long so my ferret was unable to ascend into godhood.

Other than that it would probably be a hawk effigy of my artificier's that gained permanencied Chain of Eyes through a favor from some celestial being. Basically we each got a Wish from said celestial. We did not try to pull any shenanigans due to the fact that the DM had a 5-pound metal d20 and was a pitcher on the varsity baseball team. You learn how much that hurts after you try to create a sword of use-activated True Strike...

Stompy
2009-09-07, 11:24 PM
My favorite was my weasel, Kryrus. He managed to guide us out of a desert, with the highest survival check of +1. He also got possessed by the soul of a lvl 10 monk. (His original soul was shunted out and collected in a vial). He was later rebuilt with a voice, thumbs, and a wand of orb of force on his back. That was the best warforged weasel ever.

Farlion
2009-09-08, 03:44 AM
My favourite familiar so far was Baldurion Rasputin Archibald Ingrid Nyalathotep (whoever finds the joke, can keep it :smallbiggrin: ). He was infact, a mighty dark wizard who once tried to take over the world. His plans were thwarted by a heroic group of adventurers and they banish him into existance as a rat. Farlion found him, while scavaging around in the magical library of his university.

Baldurion is freeminded and never does what Farlion wants him to do. This fact has caused some highly hilarious situations in our group and thus Baldurion was never forgotten like most other familiars.

Farlion still hopes to someday turn Baldurion back to his normal form and learn the dark powers of the once mighty wizard. Alot of gold and magic has already been invested to turn Baldurion back to his original form; all has failed.

What Farlion doesnt know:
Baldurion is just a gluttonous rat who ate the diary of an dark wizard in the forbidden part of Farlions university. Since the book was stenched with magic, the rat now believes to be the person who has written the diary. The magic from the book has somehow given Baldurion a free will and the dark wizards personality has replaced the one of a normal rat. He intrigues against Farlion, but since his resources as a rat are limited, Farlion doesnt notice most of the mischiev the rat planned.

Cheers,
Farlion

Cyrion
2009-09-08, 11:06 AM
My favourite familiar so far was Baldurion Rasputin Archibald Ingrid Nyalathotep (whoever finds the joke, can keep it :smallbiggrin: ). He was infact, a mighty dark wizard who once tried to take over the world. His plans were thwarted by a heroic group of adventurers and they banish him into existance as a rat. Farlion found him, while scavaging around in the magical library of his university.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

ZORT! I think so Baldurion, but how are we going to get a monkey to use dental floss?

Cieyrin
2009-09-08, 11:26 AM

Baldurion is freeminded and never does what Farlion wants him to do. This fact has caused some highly hilarious situations in our group and thus Baldurion was never forgotten like most other familiars.

Farlion still hopes to someday turn Baldurion back to his normal form and learn the dark powers of the once mighty wizard. Alot of gold and magic has already been invested to turn Baldurion back to his original form; all has failed.

What Farlion doesnt know:
Baldurion is just a gluttonous rat who ate the diary of an dark wizard in the forbidden part of Farlions university. Since the book was stenched with magic, the rat now believes to be the person who has written the diary. The magic from the book has somehow given Baldurion a free will and the dark wizards personality has replaced the one of a normal rat. He intrigues against Farlion, but since his resources as a rat are limited, Farlion doesnt notice most of the mischiev the rat planned.

Cheers,
Farlion

I think I know what this references, though the familiar was an ermine named Chamo-kun.:smallwink:

Pika...
2009-09-08, 11:27 AM
The one which would be the tastiest and most filling were the caster to die.

Optimystik
2009-09-08, 11:41 AM
Abrupt Jaunt.

Beat me to it! :smallwink:

(I like bats and ravens.)

Drogorn
2009-09-08, 12:06 PM
How about a stitched-flesh spellstitched raven with animate dead and desecrate as spell like abilities? :smallamused:

Shademan
2009-09-08, 12:39 PM
lizard.
bonus to climb

CLIMB WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!

Deme
2009-09-08, 01:53 PM
I love familiars... But my favorites were the following:

A hedgehog named Pine, belonging to a socialite, urbane wizard I once played. Pine was basically the only person he cared about openly at the start of the game, and was just wonderful for this character to have: it added a little touch of comedy and cute to almost everything Cypress did, since Cypress was nearly perpetually playing with or holding Pine, who the rest of the time (like in combat), he kept in a pocket of his robe. He also sent Pine to spy on the other member of the party when they went off alone -- they were kind of a secretive bunch, and the paranoia got pretty high, but a good time was had by all.

The second was a draconic (or whatever that substitute thing in the draconomicon) raven, refluffed as a tiny dragon that was named "Volly." He was a greedy little fellow, and deeply affectionate of his mistress, the wizard I was playing at the time. He was just generally awesome for flitting around making comments -- while wooing a simmilarly re-fluffed familiar and just in general being over-protective of my wizard.

Farlion
2009-09-09, 05:54 AM
I think I know what this references, though the familiar was an ermine named Chamo-kun.:smallwink:

Well actually, the idea is my own, just the name is somewhat a reference to a mighty rat who tries to take over the world! EVERY NIGHT!

But the poster before you got it =)

Cheers,
Farlion

Burley
2009-09-09, 06:32 AM
My favorite familiar belonged to a Gnome Wizard/Dragonfire Adept. I took the Dragon Magic version of the a monkey as a familiar, giving me a bonus to disable device checks.
He was tight! I'd just have him perch on my shoulder and use his breath weapon every once in a while, like a tiny, shoulder-mounted furry flamethrower. I can't remember his name, though.
He got murdered in our first encounter, because the DM (while saying before the game that it was cool) got annoyed that whenever he asked what our characters were doing, I also said what the familiar was doing.
The character got Dexterity damage'd to 0 and spent a few weeks out of commission. I made a new character, but that was the best familiar I ever had for an hour.

kamikasei
2009-09-09, 06:52 AM
Raven, weasel (refluffed as ferret - normal weasel, or rat, would also do), cat.

Perched on the shoulder, scurrying around inside the robes, Being A Cat, respectively.

Regular familiar: Hedgehog. I like both the NA bonus I get and that he can curl into a defensive ball.:smallbiggrin:

:smalleek:

You can DO that? I want one!

Beguiler. Always-on true seeing, plus they have natural attacks, can speak, and can use weapons/items.

I didn't realize, for a moment, that you meant the creature. I was picturing a wizard staggering around the dungeon with the iconic half-elf beguiler perched on his shoulder, looking bored.

PId6
2009-09-09, 07:13 AM
And those electric spells are always handy...

Longcat
2009-09-09, 09:13 AM
I wonder why anyone has yet to mention the Ghostly Visage. No love for Dread Necromancers? :smalltongue:

That said, I really like Quasits, Homunculi and Imps. They just fit the stereotypical image of a familiar to a T.

Cieyrin
2009-09-09, 01:37 PM
:smalleek:

You can DO that? I want one!

Of course you can. Technically the hedgehog is a familiar for a smaller character gaining a familiar (WotC apparently has issues with using a familiar as a mount if you're that small >_>;;) but I don't see why they should be limited to such, given how infrequent those kinds of character can be sometimes.

taltamir
2009-09-13, 03:01 PM
improved familiar + large familiar... than take a human wizard as a familiar.
According to RAW those feats allow:
1. taking a creature the same size as you as a familiar
2. Taking a familiar of any type, including magical beast. Other feats INSTEAD of improved familiar are required for other kinds (dragon familiar, celestial familiar, construct familiar, undead familiar, etc)
3. Taking a SENTIENT being as a familiar.

:)

ocato
2009-09-13, 03:17 PM
My newest character has a Canine Construct (4e game) as a familiar. He's this little robot dog who is constantly playing with the halfling.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-09-13, 04:17 PM
My favorite familiar was an arctic fox (Frostburn), named Azenath. He accompanied my warmage / wizard / ultimate magus throughout the Red Hand of Doom campaign. She actually got the first kill of the game when she delivered a shocking grasp spell to some hapless hobgoblin.

arguskos
2009-09-13, 04:27 PM
Oh yeah, the other fun little familar I dig is the Tressym. It's a flying housecat, which is pretty much the best thing ever. Hell, if I could BE one, I would be, with probably no hesitation. SOO CUUTE!! :smallbiggrin:

Zaydos
2009-09-13, 04:48 PM
My favorite familiar I had was a familiar-companion tiger named Rhine. Initially it was just to have a familiar that was a mount and looked like Battle Cat from He-Man... on the second adventure I realized that it was better than the party's primary melee combatant (who was a knight who didn't use his class abilities) and it stopped being a mount and became the hierophant's sole actions most of the time. He would sit and watch, and wait, then fire off a flame strike and wait, till the boss battle where he fired his highest level spells. Everyone loved Rhine, even my brother who started out hating him offered to have his character die instead of Rhine being awakened and replaced with another familiar-companion. He came back as an awakened tiger ranger cohort.

My favorite basic familiar is either something that gives an Init boost, or the raven because it's just fun to talk to it (besides that speech ability comes in handy when you're trapped by a cave in).

Lycanthromancer
2009-09-13, 06:16 PM
Am I allowed to have an Item Familiar?

Yukitsu
2009-09-13, 06:21 PM
I did, so I don't see why not.

Sharkman1231
2009-09-13, 06:34 PM
My favorite was my Halfling Sorcerer's ferret familiar. Over the course of the campaign the ferret developed a literal god complex. He was convinced that he was an illegitimate son of Pelor and was destined to overthrow Nerull and become the new god of the dead. In the next campaign with that group, I actually played that ferret with Cleric levels who adamantly refused to actually walk under his own power. Unfortunately, that campaign didn't last long so my ferret was unable to ascend into godhood.

Other than that it would probably be a hawk effigy of my artificier's that gained permanencied Chain of Eyes through a favor from some celestial being. Basically we each got a Wish from said celestial. We did not try to pull any shenanigans due to the fact that the DM had a 5-pound metal d20 and was a pitcher on the varsity baseball team. You learn how much that hurts after you try to create a sword of use-activated True Strike...

Ouch...:smalleek:
Yeah, I like gnome and dwarf wizards, so weasel then. Having good saves is nice.
:-)

Leon
2009-09-13, 08:48 PM
@Topic: I really, really like Pseudodragons. They feel just...right for a familiar.

If I'm going to have a feature that i normally trade away it'll be a tiny dragon

Akal Saris
2009-09-13, 09:33 PM
My favorite familiar so far has been Jiji, an Arcane Ayeball familiar for my 4E warlock. Since the character is a vestige warlock, I flavored Jiji as being her wise, sake-loving grandfather returned from the afterlife to help guide his granddaughter as she adventurers. The campaign's just started, but I already love him =)

Oh, and I also loved "Bobbo", a toad familiar for Harloon, an NPC sorcerer I was running as a DM a long while back. The classic "familiar is smarter than his master" gag, where after proving the sorcerer wrong, Bobbo would jump into his master's robes to escape his wrath, and Harloon would smack himself silly trying to hit him.

If your playing good aligned, the Coure Eladrin is a great familiar.

I had one of those for a kender bard I was playing! So cute!!! Unfortunately, the game ended within a few weeks :(

ShadowsGrnEyes
2009-09-13, 09:47 PM
drakken familiars out of dragon magic. screw share spell give the little bugger a breath weapon! or Huitzil(sp?) also out of dragon magic greedy little theives of familiars.

Yukitsu
2009-09-13, 10:12 PM
Figured I'd add my new one. My current character, Fai's thrall Grimalkin.

Grimal came into the game as her thrall, gained from thrallherder. It showed up on her doorstep one day when she was feverish and not thinking straight, clawing at her door. Despite her fever, her paladin NPC helper was out getting medicine, so she was the one who answered. When she opened it, the cat said "meow."

I don't mean it meowed, I mean it said the word "meow." This didn't seem in any way out of the ordinary in part because she had never seen a real cat before, and because all of her knowledge came from books. (Cats meow. This cat said meow. This is accurate.) So she took the cat in, put out a dish of milk and went back to bed.

Shortly after, the paladin came back, opened the door and saw a 4 foot tall grey cat, sitting at the table, bowl held up clumsily between its paws. The cat stared at the paladin, the paladin stared at the cat. Eventually, the cat finished the milk, dropped behind the table, turned into a normal old black cat, mumbled "It's rude to stare at a guy that's having a meal." and curled up at my character's feet to sleep.

In character, the only one that knows my "familiar" is really a grimalkin is the paladin, who is constantly getting in fights with it.

Shadowbane
2009-09-13, 11:29 PM
Wyrmling copper dragon. Cute!

gorfnab
2009-09-14, 02:16 AM
I once played a Shadowcaster with Shadow Elemental familiar. Really awesome at scouting and really nasty when using Umbral Touch through it.

My wife once played a Whisper Gnome Shadowcaster/ Rogue with a Shadow Mastiff familiar. Very freaky as a familar and made for an interesting mount as well.

Burley
2009-09-14, 06:33 AM
My newest character has a Canine Construct (4e game) as a familiar. He's this little robot dog who is constantly playing with the halfling.

Ah! I completely forgot about my 4e character. It probably beats out my old familiar as a favorite. It's a summoner homonulous. It looks just like the Baby Hob (http://dresdencodak.com/2007/06/30/in-the-company-of-science/) from Dresden Codak. (Better Picture (http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=DC-BABYHOB&Category_Code=DC).)

Avilan the Grey
2009-09-14, 07:18 AM
My personal favourite would be a raven, I love them.

However depending on character etc... The only wizard I ever played had a cat.

I would love to have things like:

An undead lizard
A two-headed turtle
A construct (metal / stone)
A really beautiful bird (like a bird of paradise etc)
A flesh construct (A large eyeball with wings would be fun)