PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII Demo Released

Not an orc
2009-09-07, 03:46 PM
The FF XIII Japanese demo has been released. You can watch a video of it here (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173799).

First impressions:
-It's really reminiscent of FF VII: you ride a train into a huge, high-tech city and fight a giant scorpion. Even the characters, a blond with a huge sword and a black guy with a gun are similar.

-It looks and sounds gorgeous.

-The battle system is interesting, it works sort of like the system from FF 4-9, but more complicated moves, like casting spells, take up multiple actions.

Enlong
2009-09-07, 05:18 PM
First impressions:
-It's really reminiscent of FF VII: you ride a train into a huge, high-tech city and fight a giant scorpion. Even the characters, a blond with a huge sword and a black guy with a gun are similar.

No surprise there. Lighting was billed as a "Female Cloud", after all.

littlebottom
2009-09-07, 06:38 PM
well, having cursed japan for keeping all the good stuff to themselves again, i had to make do with the trailer they supplied with FF7:ACC and from what i can tell, combat works off a triple action turn, IE: once your "wait" bar has filled, you can choose 3 different actions and they will be done one right after the other, so you can chain attacks togeather (i saw a good clip showing this where by the character ran forward, swiped with a sword, threw a fire ball and jumped backwards while shooting all as a single action)

i am REALLY excited about 13, i bought 12, but although i liked it overall, it wasnt great. but 13 does look like its going to be a good one.

also FFXIV is already in the pipeline as what seems to be annother MMORPG... but i dont know if they are ditching FFXI...