PDA

View Full Version : Ship Adventure : Help!

Iorthol
2009-09-07, 06:11 PM
I'm starting a D&D 3.5 'Series' as I call it, with my gaming group. Rather than have a main campaign, I'm just going to have 'episodes' that consist of short adventures and quests, or just let the PCs decide what they want to do.

I'm going to start the party out on a ship heading toward an island for some quest that I've yet to determine.

In the mean time, I want to know if you, Giantitp Forum, can help me out with advise and ideas about handling a ship excursion that should span 1-4 sessions, that involve ship battles, storms, and living with the crew, and possibly interacting with other ships and small islands on the way there.

I need ideas, but I also need to be directed to source books with stuff about ships and ocean combat and all matter of things relating to the sea.

Help!

Blaine.Bush
2009-09-07, 06:17 PM
The Stormwrack book should have tons of information on the stuff you're looking for.

Crow
2009-09-08, 01:23 PM
Games of chance played for coin in the ship's hold through the dead of night...

Kua-Toa, Locathah, and Sanguin attacks!

Climbing the rigging during raging storms to pull in sail before it tears the mast apart!

Savage, dark-skinned pirates! Not the Errol Flynn kind...

Restless natives. Headhunters that ambush foraging parties!

Angry sea spirits demanding tribute to traverse their seas!

Hailing other vessels for news...

...and much much more!

Asheram
2009-09-08, 01:25 PM
Characters are on a great quest, but first they have to get from point a to point b. So they rent themselves out as guards for a shipping company that has a trading route there?

Rixx
2009-09-08, 01:35 PM
http://paizo.com/store/gameAids/gamingMats/steelSqwire/v5748btpy7xpz

This.