PDA

View Full Version : wow i just read every second chapter in a book

oxinabox
2009-09-08, 10:34 AM
So i'm reading a book on my ebook reader, and i'm thinking, hey this plots not very continuos, but i assumed i wasn't paying attention and had missed things.
Anyway after reading 300 pages i opened the file on the computer and i knoticed that only even number chapters where there.
Must be some glitch in the program i used to convert the .lit to a txt,m or a flaw in the original.

So now i'm going to have to re read the whole thing

KataraAltinaII
2009-09-08, 12:20 PM
I skim quickly enough that I could probably get the same effect from reading a book all the way through.

Coplantor
2009-09-08, 01:40 PM
Try to see it as an avant-garde thing, now you've read a book no one else has ever read! Now go and get pompous with your friends!

Moff Chumley
2009-09-08, 07:20 PM
Nice. And you didn't notice there was something wrong until the end? Indy cred right there, man. :smallcool:

littlequietguy
2009-09-08, 08:02 PM
That's incredible. Could you share the most hilarious moment you about this situation?

oxinabox
2009-09-08, 08:03 PM
didn't realise cos well i'ld read the book before (like 7 years ago).
and I was reading when i was really tired so , i thought maybe i'ld just skipped over a paragraph.

averagejoe
2009-09-08, 08:23 PM
Try to see it as an avant-garde thing, now you've read a book no one else has ever read! Now go and get pompous with your friends!

Being pompous is a good solution to most problems.

SDF
2009-09-08, 08:39 PM
Being pompous is a good solution to most problems.

It's people like you that make is so I have to deal with hipsters on a daily basis!

averagejoe
2009-09-08, 08:49 PM
It's people like you that make is so I have to deal with hipsters on a daily basis!

Bah, all those people are posers. I am one of the few people for which pompousness comes as a natural skill, and as such what I do is as different from the hipsters as day from night. True pompousness is subtle and artful. It takes much more than a mere inflated sense of self importance.

Coplantor
2009-09-08, 09:39 PM
It takes british accent :smalltongue:

oxinabox
2009-09-08, 09:42 PM
hmm, One of the PC's in a game i DM, took skill training pompus.
I HB something up.