PDA

View Full Version : KotOR out of print?

archmage45
2009-09-08, 10:54 AM
Ok, so Amazon has the source book for about $100, and that seems to be the going rate everywhere else. I'm guessing the book is out of print? Anyone know if it'll be reprinted any time soon? Or should I be ready to fork out that much cash if I really want it.

Also, is it worth it?

Yora
2009-09-08, 11:03 AM
Yes, I tried to get it for myself some weeks ago and it does seem to be out of print.
I was lucky and found a copy in a gaming store when I was visiting my parents two weeks ago.

I'd say the book is okay, but it's not that great.
The character races are okay, but most of the book is new talents for the base classes, which are mostly non-kotor specific and could be in any book; stats for some droids and vehicles, for which you could just use the stat blocks for similar droids and vehicles from other books; and stat blocks for famous NPCs, which are said to be pretty bad as they lack their iconic abilities from the games, even though these abilities are in the book.
The equipment part has some stuff one might use in a game, but nothing really special.

I won't put my copy on ebay, but except for collector reasons, I wouldn't say it's worth more than 20-30 $.

I think when playing in the KotOR era, the only important things are the background setting. And the book is quite low infos in that department. I'd rather spend some hours at Wookiepedia, they have MUCH more on the races and planets.

Talya
2009-09-08, 12:14 PM
How very odd. It's almost like WotC is going out of their way to encourage piracy, if a book that new and popular is getting only one print run and is sold out already.