PDA

View Full Version : Good old games dirt cheap. Just not as cheap as yesterday.

chiasaur11
2009-09-08, 05:20 PM
Figured you all would want to know about this.

There's a site called Good Old Games at gog.com. They sell some old games cheap, with lots of extras, tech support, and no DRM. You know, Fallout, MDK, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, that kind of good stuff.

And for approximately four more hours, they're selling Fallout, Fallout two, and a bunch of other classics at a price of 6 bucks, buy one get one free. Fallout for three bucks is a thing of joy and beauty forever.

So... worth a look, is what I'm saying.

RS14
2009-09-08, 06:03 PM
I took advantage of this a few days ago.

Gundato
2009-09-08, 06:23 PM
Ah. I thought it was a special deal. Just the Interplay deal.

You should probably specify, since it isn't really Fallout for 3 bucks, and there are other Interplay games that are worth grabbing.

Optimystik
2009-09-08, 07:08 PM
Ooh, Painkiller and Heroes 3 for $10 each!

*continues oohing and aahing through the catalogue*

Kane
2009-09-08, 10:12 PM
Heroes 3? As in, Heroes of Might and Magic 3: The Shadow of Death/Armageddon's Blade/that other variant?

My word. I will simply have to follow this up.

Tengu_temp
2009-09-09, 04:19 AM
Old? I remember when most of these games came out! In fact, I bought a lot of them when they came out!

Still, thumbs up for the initiative. Classics only get better with age.

The Evil Thing
2009-09-09, 04:55 AM
Ah, I remember creating a thread about this a year ago. How time flies.

Somewhat infuriatingly, in that space of time none of the games they've released has interested me. I was hoping to get something like System Shock 1 & 2, not Simon the Sorcerer.

Blayze
2009-09-09, 06:34 AM
I bought Heroes of Might and Magic 2 from them a couple of weeks ago, purely so I could obliterate the level that came with the demo. Damn, it's harder than I remember.

With a site like GoG, the biggest deal-maker for me is the fact that they make these games work on Vista.

Looks like I'm going to have to upgrade to Windows 7 just so I can actually lower my Hardwave Acceleration settings to play most of my collection otherwise. :(

Martok
2009-09-10, 12:06 AM
I love GOG. I've already purchased a few games from them (including games I used to own but lost copies of). I'm always eager to see what titles they add to their portfolio.

Myatar_Panwar
2009-09-10, 12:18 AM
I bought Fallout 2 awhile back via GOG. I spent like an hour playing and put it down. Only five dollars lost so not a huge deal.

Its probably just me, but alot of these old games do not hold up well.

Maybe for people who have played the games when they came out and want to revisit for nostalgia purposes, but alot of stuff which was once great is no longer doing it.

Rustic Dude
2009-09-10, 02:24 AM
I bought Fallout 2 awhile back via GOG. I spent like an hour playing and put it down. Only five dollars lost so not a huge deal.

Its probably just me, but alot of these old games do not hold up well.

Maybe for people who have played the games when they came out and want to revisit for nostalgia purposes, but alot of stuff which was once great is no longer doing it.

That's only your tastes.

I played for the first time F1 and F2 the last year, and man, I didn't know until then how awesome a game can get.