PDA

View Full Version : [4e Paragon Path] I'm a librarian! Rawr!

Shadow_Elf
2009-09-08, 07:51 PM
Because if I stop making Paragon Paths I will explode:

Frenzied Librarian
“What is best in life? To shush the noisy, punish the overdue and hear the silence of the library”

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1Bp-6p0fv5s/SG_F775dHFI/AAAAAAAAABA/R7J5_M-6yXE/S240/Conan_Librarian2.JPG

Prerequisites: Wizard, Barbarian, trained in History

Years of abusive teenagers, overdue books, pompous nobles and haughty archmagi have driven you mad. Your arcane studies are perpetually interrupted by curious patrons, bumbling imbeciles and brainless bookworms. There was only one solution to your dilemma - go completely crazy with anger, hatred and outrage, of course. When the snot-nosed teenagers fear your ability to kick their butts with a mere book and patrons of all ages cower from your wrath at the sight of overdue books, everyone is forced to fall into line. When a pushover wizard ran the library, nothing got done. You’ve realized that the only way to maintain the sanctity of the library and to continue your arcane studies is the way of the primal barbarian. By combining your uncontrollable fury with your arcane knowledge, you have become an unstoppable force of due-date enforcement and library quiet.

Tome of Beating (Level 11): You can use a tome implement as a two-handed weapon with the following properties: +3 proficiency bonus, d10 damage die and the brutal 2 property. You are considered proficient with the tome when wielding it as a melee weapon. A tome wielded as a melee weapon can still be wielded as an implement.
Rage Journal (Level 11): You gain a spellbook if you do not already have one. However, rather than containing two wizard daily and utility powers of each level, it contains one wizard power and one barbarian power of each level. At the end of each extended rest, you must chose which wizard spells or barbarian evocations to prepare for the day. If you already possess a spellbook, it is subjected to the above changes.
Remembered Savagery (Level 11): You can spend an action point to regain an expended wizard or barbarian encounter power, rather than take an extra action.
Furious Arcane Transfer (Level 16): You can expend a wizard daily power to perform a rage strike while in a rage. You use the same values based on the level of the power, but if the spell deals typed damage, the rage strike deals the same types of damage as the expended daily spell. If you do not possess the ability to perform rage strikes, you gain that ability.

Bookworm’s Blow
“You launch your tome at your opponent, slamming them solidly”
Encounter * Arcane, Primal, Weapon
Standard Action Melee 5
Requirement: You must be wielding a tome
Target: One creature in reach
Attack: Intelligence vs. AC
Hit: 3[W] + intelligence modifier damage and the target is pushed a number of squares equal to your strength modifier.

Moment of Maddening Clarity
“In your fury, you have a moment of epiphany. When you stack the figures up this way...”
Daily * Arcane, Primal
Free Action Personal
Requirement: You must be raging
Trigger: You miss with an attack
Effect: Reroll the attack with a bonus equal to your intelligence modifier. If the attack hits, it does extra damage equal to your strength modifier.

Overdue Outrage
Death to those whose books come in late!
Daily * Arcane, Primal, Weapon, Rage
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Requirement: you must be wielding a tome
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 4[W] + strength modifier damage and the target is knocked prone.
Effect: You enter the rage known as “overdue outrage”. Until the rage ends, enemies that start their turn adjacent to you take damage equal to your intelligence modifier and are knocked prone.

PEACH and enjoy, as always.

Apotheosis
2009-09-08, 07:56 PM
For the Prerequisites, did you mean to say Wizard or barbarian? The text of Rage Journal seems to imply as much.

Shadow_Elf
2009-09-08, 07:58 PM
For the Prerequisites, did you mean to say Wizard or barbarian? The text of Rage Journal seems to imply as much.

No, you're multiclassing from one to the other or vice-versa. Therefore, a Barbarian/Wizard would not already possess "Spellbook", but a Wizard/Barbarian would, so the clarification is necessary. It is also necessary for the same reasons in Furious Arcane Transfer.

Shevarash's_Son
2009-09-08, 07:59 PM
Hilarious
brutal 2 is a bit much i would make it brutal 1 and high crit

Apotheosis
2009-09-08, 08:24 PM
Oh okay, that makes sense.

Fluff is totally awesome, but that doesn't really need to be said.
I think I agree that brutal 2 is a bit much. That is one seriously brutal weapon.

Shadow_Elf
2009-09-08, 09:05 PM
Oh okay, that makes sense.

Fluff is totally awesome, but that doesn't really need to be said.
I think I agree that brutal 2 is a bit much. That is one seriously brutal weapon.

Execution Axe = +2 Prof, d12 damage die, brutal 2, high crit. I took off high crit and one die size and replaced it with a +1 prof bonus. I think that, judging by other weapons, that is a reasonable exchange. I am making it superior quality so its still viable damage-wise, and since similar features grant superior-quality weapon proficiencies.

Mando Knight
2009-09-08, 09:07 PM
Execution Axe = +2 Prof, d12 damage die, brutal 2, high crit. I took off high crit and one die size and replaced it with a +1 prof bonus. I think that, judging by other weapons, that is a reasonable exchange. I am making it superior quality so its still viable damage-wise, and since similar features grant superior-quality weapon proficiencies.

It's also off-set by having a ridiculous class pairing. Without this, who would seriously go Barbarian/Wizard or vice-versa?

Blue Ghost
2009-09-08, 09:47 PM
Heh heh heh. Beautiful concept. For a while now, whenever I heard "librarian," I always thought "barbarian." I'm glad someone else made the connection. :smallbiggrin:
And who wouldn't want to go around whacking their foes with a big book? Hello, you have just been smitten with an epic poem!

Alteran
2009-09-08, 09:52 PM
Madness? This! Is! The libraryyyyyy!

It's...it's because there's no yelling allowed in libraries.

...get it?

:smallfrown:

DracoDei
2009-09-08, 10:32 PM
Weird Al Y.l thought of it first... try an image search on "Conan the Librarian" for an associated picture.

Shadow_Elf
2009-09-08, 10:42 PM
Weird Al Y.l thought of it first... try an image search on "Conan the Librarian" for an associated picture.

I've been told this is an appropriate youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8) on the matter.

Which means I wasn't the first to think of it, but I honestly came up with it by thinking "Librarian" sounds like "Barbarian" :smallbiggrin:.

taltamir
2009-09-09, 12:55 AM
How about... supernatural ability... if you observe someone damaging a book on purpose (ex: throwing it into a fire) you rage, frenzie, and gain an additional str bonus beyond that. :)

Shadow_Elf
2009-09-09, 03:11 PM
How about... supernatural ability... if you observe someone damaging a book on purpose (ex: throwing it into a fire) you rage, frenzie, and gain an additional str bonus beyond that. :)

I think you may be thinking of the wrong edition. Supernatural Ability is not a distinction in 4e.