PDA

View Full Version : Now i'm torn...

Darius1020
2009-09-08, 11:14 PM
I can't tell if Belkar is actually trying to help the team, or if he's just messing with Roy.

On one hand, he seems pretty enthusiastic, on the other hand, Belkar does have a tendency to work really hard to screw with people.

So what do you think?

Edit: Also, as a side note, why exactly did Roy think Belkar knew where to find a sextant?

shadzar
2009-09-08, 11:16 PM
Belkar of any alignment is a screw up.Making him good without the effects of magic to make him smart enough to do things is like making a fireproof match. Sure it has a new function, but was it really worth the work?

Spiky
2009-09-08, 11:29 PM
I can't tell if Belkar is actually trying to help the team, or if he's just messing with Roy.
He's doing his teammate thing. Which isn't real, but it is a means to an end. My proof: Messing with Roy is a lot funnier.

Edit: Also, as a side note, why exactly did Roy think Belkar knew where to find a sextant?
Because Belkar said he did.

Belkar of any alignment is a screw up.Making him good without the effects of magic to make him smart enough to do things is like making a fireproof match. Sure it has a new function, but was it really worth the work?
Good? Who said anything about Belkar being Good? Shopping is not a way to measure Good/Evil, I'm pretty sure.

shadzar
2009-09-08, 11:32 PM
Good? Who said anything about Belkar being Good? Shopping is not a way to measure Good/Evil, I'm pretty sure.

Good as opposed to useless....not evil. Helpful may have been a better word.

Darius1020
2009-09-08, 11:36 PM
Because Belkar said he did.

But since when has Belkar been reliable? I know he has been more so as of late, but Roy knows its all a ploy, and that Belkar is not exactly the smartest member of the team...

Spiky
2009-09-08, 11:38 PM
Roy: Straight man.
Belkar: Joke producer.

Darius1020
2009-09-08, 11:39 PM

Well played...

NeonRonin
2009-09-08, 11:42 PM
Roy: Straight man.
Belkar: Joke producer.

Kinda like Abbot and Costello, if Costello were a homicidal halfling.

Shale
2009-09-08, 11:43 PM
Like he said, some people tell jokes for a living. And some of those jokes involve chinchillas.

Silverraptor
2009-09-08, 11:44 PM

My friends and I make jokes about that.

"Fireproof matches. They turn to water when struck."

:smallamused:

Spiky
2009-09-08, 11:51 PM

He's halfway there. And right after the Baseball sketch, maybe 80%.

shadzar
2009-09-08, 11:54 PM

So it's George and Gracie then? :smallconfused:

I NEVER trusted Gracie!

Lkctgo
2009-09-09, 12:14 AM
I think even if he were trying to help the team, it would still end up like this, remember the belkar find Xykon incident?

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0043.html