PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Battlefist

LibraryOgre
2009-09-09, 02:34 PM
Why can't a warforged have a battlefist? Sure, they're designed around the Self-forged Paragon Path, but warforged are capable of drilling holes in themselves to hold torches, and rebuilding their arms to hold crossbows without serious issues. Why are they prevented from having a big metal hand with which they can hit people effectively?

NPCMook
2009-09-09, 03:22 PM
Why can't a warforged have a battlefist? Sure, they're designed around the Self-forged Paragon Path, but warforged are capable of drilling holes in themselves to hold torches, and rebuilding their arms to hold crossbows without serious issues. Why are they prevented from having a big metal hand with which they can hit people effectively?

I believe its more of a fluff thing, Self-Forged is about making yourself more Forge than Man, though I do wonder why they didn't include a PP that allowed the Forge to become more Man than Forge

Hzurr
2009-09-09, 03:25 PM
Don't they already have a big metal hand with which they can hit people effectively? What are the differences between this and an unarmed attack for a Warforged? The 1d8 and +3 proficiency is what the monk has for an unarmed strike, so is there an "improved unarmed strike" feat or something you could take?

Thajocoth
2009-09-09, 03:27 PM
I believe its more of a fluff thing, Self-Forged is about making yourself more Forge than Man, though I do wonder why they didn't include a PP that allowed the Forge to become more Man than Forge

That sounds like an awesome idea. Very Data-esque...

LibraryOgre
2009-09-09, 03:41 PM
Don't they already have a big metal hand with which they can hit people effectively? What are the differences between this and an unarmed attack for a Warforged? The 1d8 and +3 proficiency is what the monk has for an unarmed strike, so is there an "improved unarmed strike" feat or something you could take?

Since it's not mentioned, warforged use the same rules for punching as everyone else... 1d4+Str, no proficiency bonus.

Shadow_Elf
2009-09-09, 03:42 PM

Get an arm-mace, arm-hammer, arm-sword or whatever and just ask for the minor refluff. Or, just ask your DM for a fiat and take the proficiency feat. However, these are obvious alternatives - the RAW is that you can't have one unless you're a Self-Forged. I can't give you WotC's justification for the RAW, just that it is the RAW and that if you don't agree, request fiat. There is no RAW legal way to have a battlefist without being a self-forged.

LibraryOgre
2009-09-09, 04:32 PM
We're just refluffing it. I get my big smashy hand and arm-mounted crossbow.

I am tempted to rename him from Optimus Prime to Todd the T-1000. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XESvNEacnQs)

Shadow_Elf
2009-09-09, 05:23 PM
We're just refluffing it. I get my big smashy hand and arm-mounted crossbow.

I am tempted to rename him from Optimus Prime to Todd the T-1000. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XESvNEacnQs)

No way. You have to find a way to give him more arms, four brilliant energy longswords and call him Grievous. General Grievous :smallbiggrin:.

EDIT: Ah, I get it. From the "big smashy claw" line, right? Well, JoCo is awesome, so do whatever you want.

LibraryOgre
2009-09-09, 06:03 PM
No way. You have to find a way to give him more arms, four brilliant energy longswords and call him Grievous. General Grievous :smallbiggrin:.

EDIT: Ah, I get it. From the "big smashy claw" line, right? Well, JoCo is awesome, so do whatever you want.

The other option is to go with inspiration from "Better", but yeah...

"A little Darth Vader, little Optimus Prime..."