PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly Men? (3.5)

JellyPooga
2009-09-09, 04:02 PM
I've not got access to my repository of DnD books right now and was just wondering whether anyone knew of a Race of Dragonfly-Men? I'm pretty sure I've not encountered one, but I just thought I'd check.

If there isn't (or at least as far as you know), then what interesting facts, mythology, legends, stories, cultural doodahs and such surround dragonflies, so that I can create such a race? For some reason, I have an inclining that there is something of the phoenix in these pixie-esque insects, but I've no idea where that comes from.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Fhaolan
2009-09-09, 06:21 PM
Interestingly, dragonflies have *really* bad reputations in Europe. A lot of it has to do with stitching; such as stiching liars mouths shut, or stiching eyes shut, stitching snakes back together again, etc.

Thurbane
2009-09-09, 06:24 PM
There's some kind of fey, in MM3 or MM4 from memory, who look like dragonflies...they shoot out clouds of darkness...

arguskos
2009-09-09, 06:30 PM
There's some kind of fey, in MM3 or MM4 from memory, who look like dragonflies...they shoot out clouds of darkness...
Shaedlings, in MMV I believe. Page 148, in fact.

EDIT: Damn, that guess was good. Sometimes, my memory just clicks correctly. Love it. :smallamused:

Fax Celestis
2009-09-09, 06:35 PM
Also try just using the half-fey template. It says it gives insect wings, but doesn't specify the insect.

Alternatively, entomantothrope (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040621a).