PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Ideas for a SAD Gestalt Warblade

qcbtnsrm
2009-09-09, 06:51 PM
So I've been thinking it is time to try out a ToB character. My concept is a very high Int swashbuckler type. And I get to do him in Gestalt. Warblade seems the obvious choice. So I plan to do Warblade all the way down one side of the Gestalt.

I haven't ever done a ToB character. Nor have I really done a smart fighter either. I was thinking 3 levels of Swashbuckler for Insightful Strike. And probably as much Factotum as I can fit in. But that was as far as my thinking had taken me. So what should I be looking for? Classes, Feats, Maneuvers, equipment, or any other suggestions would be most welcome. Initial build will be 8th level, but ideas for future planning would be appreciated too.

Diamondeye
2009-09-09, 06:57 PM
Duelist will give you INT to AC at the cost of being able to wear armor. You could also go rogue/swashbuckler with daring outlaw down that side for the sneak attack.

Raewyn
2009-09-09, 07:08 PM
Out of curiosity, does Battle Cunning stack with Insightful Strike? Because if so, that would be sick.

Also, second what DiamondEye said about Rogue/Swash.

FinalJustice
2009-09-09, 07:13 PM
I suggest Warblade//Factotum/Chameleon, if your DM does not consider Chameleon a 'dual PrC'. I for one believe it's not, as it does not advance class features from different classes (it gives a limited version of those).

Warblade is as beatsticky as it gets, and Factotum/Chameleon gives a huge deal of versatility. Get Able Learner, Adaptive Style, Power Attack, Stormguard Warrior, Extend Spell and then, Font of Inspiration, as much as you can. Can't go wrong with that.

Ernir
2009-09-09, 07:45 PM
If gishes are OK, you should consider Warblade//Psion. All kinds of nasty synergy there.

If not, Warblade//Factotum, with or without Chameleon sounds great. Make sure you get Factotum 8, it gives you an extra standard action (you know, those actions you use to initiate most of your strikes !). Factotum 3 is another important break, but still, if you take Factotum, I say you should get 8 levels. :smalltongue:

Warblade already gives you the "other thing" Swashbuckler 3 offers int-rogues, that is, 3 levels of full BAB and a good fort save. If you really want it, you should consider starting out as a Swashbuckler 2//Something (Factotum? Rogue?) 2, then start taking Warblade levels. Reduces your initiator level by 1, which is not necessarily a bad thing as it allows you to take better advantage of your stance progression. Also allows you to get into your other class sooner (and "wastes" fewer class features in the Gestalt. But that's just me being anal).

I always like Invisible Blade for int-Fighters, even if the prereqs are rather harsh.

Rogue works as a good filler for those levels you don't know what to do with, I guess.

qcbtnsrm
2009-09-09, 09:08 PM
Out of curiosity, does Battle Cunning stack with Insightful Strike? Because if so, that would be sick.

I think it should. Battle Cunning is an Insight bonus and Insightful Strike is untyped. And as Factotum's Cunning Insight is a Competence bonus it should stack as well. Int X 3 to damage? That's pretty cool in my book.

qcbtnsrm
2009-09-09, 09:23 PM
I suggest Warblade//Factotum/Chameleon, if your DM does not consider Chameleon a 'dual PrC'. I for one believe it's not, as it does not advance class features from different classes (it gives a limited version of those).
Oooh, I hadn't thought of Chameleon. +6 to an ability? +4 to attack and damage (or spellcasting instead if I need it)? That's sweet.

Warblade is as beatsticky as it gets, and Factotum/Chameleon gives a huge deal of versatility. Get Able Learner, Adaptive Style, Power Attack, Stormguard Warrior, Extend Spell and then, Font of Inspiration, as much as you can. Can't go wrong with that.

Is Font of Inspiration actually printed somewhere? I've seen it on the web, but not in a book. I can get away with just about anything published by WotC. But third party and online sources even WotC are viewed skeptically by my DM.

Coplantor
2009-09-09, 09:51 PM
This (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871250/Factotum_of_War) is all you will ever need.