PDA

View Full Version : Campy Tomb of Horrors, Group 2 IC

Ditto
2009-09-09, 09:16 PM
A low, flat-topped hill, about 200 yards wide and 300 yards long, protrudes from the earth. Ugly weeds, thorns, and briars grow upon the steep sides and bald top of the 60-foot-high mound. Black rocks crown the hilltop.

The north side of the hill is fronted by a 20-foot-high crumbling cliff of sand and gravel. A low stone ledge overhangs this eroded area, and shrubs and bushes obscure it from observation at a distance.

You know that the entrance to the fabled hidden tomb lies before you along this cliffside, and smoothed paths of broken thorns guide you to several possible sites to begin your exploration.

alchemyprime
2009-09-09, 10:19 PM
Pewter

Pewter looks at the tomb.

"This tomb bet-ter con-tain what I seek to kill off the gi-Ants." Pewter says, looking around. His broken left eye begins to flicker as he looks upon the others who have come with him.

alchemyprime
2009-09-11, 12:39 AM
*bump so the thread stays alive*

Sallera
2009-09-11, 01:19 PM
River

The bright blue halfling studies the paths in front of her intently, then spins the rod in her hand up in the air, letting it fall to the ground. Her long hair flops down in front of her face as she picks up the rod, then she turns back to the group. "Right then. Shall we go this way?"

Without checking to see if anyone follows, she heads along the chosen path.

Let's take path... [roll0]!

Also, you might want to PM the group, in case some of them missed the thread creation.

Demons_eye
2009-09-11, 02:12 PM
"I agree with what ever you chose." Anima says. His fur is just as brown as his bears and his teeth just as sharp. He leans into the bear as it stands on all fours as if waiting for some thing to happen.

Killerloop
2009-09-11, 02:28 PM
"Are you interested in dying right now or try to survive for at least twenty seconds?" said Azuth "Let me scout the terrain once we are in"

Azuth advances first, checking for traps after the entrance

Omegonthesane
2009-09-11, 02:39 PM
"Can we not convince the people inside to live in peace?" says one of the legion of Monks of the Leaf following the party, the front rank of whom are carrying brooms with which to carefully sweep the ground in case they step on something alive. "Sure, the place is ruled by an evil demilich with plans too horrible to contemplate, but still there's a chance! In the meantime, I'll check one of the paths, what could possibly go wrong?" Being one of the broom-carriers, the speaker walks off alone along path number three, unless anyone's following him.
((Because technically I can only use one of the legion at a time. Even if they all benefit from respawning.))

alchemyprime
2009-09-11, 08:19 PM
Pewter looks around. "Tell me, Monk of the Leaf, would you ac-quire my aststststst-iststststst-tanststste or would you prefer I go on with the half-ling?" Pewter's "s" sounds seem long and drawn out, as if he were making them both with a mouth and a glass marble rolling around in a tin can. His emphasis are still all wrong, as if he learned everything from a book. His hollow, Draconic accent is somewhat unnerving, made worse by his appearance. He scans the area for anything unusual.

[roll0] LISTEN
[roll1]SPOT

Ditto
2009-09-14, 08:45 AM
The monk's path shows an entrance strewn with bits of rubble and loose masonry. The roughly worked, plain stone corridor is full of cobwebs. A set of double oaken doors are just visible at the end of the passageway. The roof 20
feet overhead is obscured by hanging strands.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ToH_Gallery/ToHGraphic1.jpg

On the floor 10 feet shy of the door, large letters scraped in chalk proclaim PIT!! PIT!! PIT!!

The halfling's path opens through a narrow gap in tall thickets. Brilliant colors are everywhere; pigments painted on stone are undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor is a colorful mosaic, featuring a distinct, winding path of red tiles forming a 2-foot-wide, meandering trail south down the corridor. A few chips and gaps reveal that cement or plaster covers the underlying stonework of the corridor, and it mostly provides a smooth surface for the many illustrated scenes.

The images depict fields with cattle grazing, a copse with several wolves in the background, slaves—human, orc, elven, and strange human-animal mixtures of pig-human, ape-human, and dog-human—going about various tasks. Certain frescoes are more focused and show rooms of some building—a library filled with many books and scrolls, a torture chamber, and a wizard’s work room. Chairs, windows, boxes, bales, doors, chests, birds, bats, spiders, and all manner of things appear on the walls.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ToH_Gallery/ToHGraphic3.jpg Let me know if you have questions about anything in particular you see here. There's a lot packed in this little picture.

Omegonthesane
2009-09-14, 09:51 AM
"I'm sure that this warning about a pit is obviously just some kid playing a game!" The monk walks across the area labelled "PIT! PIT! PIT!" and opens the door.

Sallera
2009-09-14, 10:24 AM
River

The halfling takes a few steps inside, avoiding the marked path. "I wonder why there's a path here? I mean, what are we avoiding, exactly? Besides the path, that is. Never follow the path. Wait, what was that?" Pointing the bizarrely carved rod down the dark hallway, she releases a chaotic burst of magical energy. After a second, it forms into a tiny white mouse, which scampers off down the hallway.

[roll0]

Ditto
2009-09-14, 11:28 AM
The door before the monk swings wide to reveal a flat, stone wall and more chalk - JUST KIDDING!!. A cord anchored to the corner of the door slides loose from where it was concealed in a groove of the wall, pulling taut and unleashing a network of strings in the ceiling above you. The chain reaction drops the entire roof of loosely-fitted rocks on top of you, to the tune of 33 damage. You are agile enough to avoid the horse-sized chunks, and are only slightly wedged in by the resulting rubble, up to your knees.

Crushing damage: [roll0]
Ref save for dodgy goodness: [roll1] Success for half damage.

Killerloop
2009-09-15, 02:40 AM
"You stupid monk!! Let me go ahead and check for traps if you don't want to die! This place is called Tomb of Horrors not Tavern of Idiots!" said Azuth

Everyone must save? if so Reflex [roll0]

-Search checks every 5 footstep, advancing only when I'm sure it is safe.
-Search checks on the roof every 5 footstep, as and if applicable.
-Search checks on the wall, looking for anything non 'wally' like pressable protuberance, loose parts, secret doors etc.
-Search check on the 'box' holding by the two pig human, it seems a real box.

Taking 20 everytime: 39
When 20 not applicable Taking 10: 29

alchemyprime
2009-09-15, 04:29 PM
Pewter looks down the hallway as well.

"Tell me, half-ling, would I be more usssste on the floor or a wall or ssssstei-ling?" Pewter asks as he grips his scythe in his gritty hands.

Sallera
2009-09-15, 04:33 PM
River

"Weeellll... the mouse isn't dead. Probably didn't follow the path. Is there a path on the ceiling? No? Well then, I guess it should be safe enough. And hey, if it's going to collapse or something, you'll be closest to safety, right?" River will follow along a few feet behind Pewter, carefully avoiding the path on the floor.

alchemyprime
2009-09-15, 08:37 PM
OOC to Ditto and Sallera:

DM: Can I climb on the cieling with my spider-climb and carry river on my back OR walk on all fours and have her grab my stomach like a reverse piggyback ride?
Sal: Would you want to?

Ditto
2009-09-16, 06:27 PM
No reason you can't give that a try, sure.
I'll put up a map of the hall tomorrow. The mouse is still poking along slowly here and there down the hallway, no ill having befallen him... yet.

alchemyprime
2009-09-20, 11:55 PM
"River, allow me to carry you upon the ceiling to avoid the path."

OOC

Sorry, I've been busy and sick lately. I'll save this thread now...

Sallera
2009-09-21, 12:00 AM
River

"...carry me? Now that's an interesting idea. Well, uh, go ahead and try, I guess."