PDA

View Full Version : Feat and Power for my Avenger [4E]

Ranis
2009-09-09, 10:35 PM
I'm having trouble deciding on what I want my Avenger to pick up for his next feat and power, he just hit 6th level. Here he is:

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Ranis Broadaxe, level 6
Dwarf, Avenger
Avenger's Censure: Censure of Unity

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 15, Dex 10, Int 17, Wis 19, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 8.

AC: 23 Fort: 18 Reflex: 19 Will: 20
HP: 59 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 14

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +11, Athletics +8, Perception +12, Endurance +14

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +6, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +9, Heal +7, History +6, Insight +7, Intimidate +2, Nature +7, Stealth +3, Streetwise +2, Thievery +3

FEATS
Level 1: Dwarven Weapon Training
Level 2: Weapon Expertise (Axe)
Level 4: Armor Proficiency (Leather)

POWERS
Avenger at-will 1: Leading Strike
Avenger at-will 1: Bond of Retribution
Avenger encounter 1: Relentless Attack
Avenger daily 1: Aspect of Might
Avenger utility 2: Distracting Flare
Avenger encounter 3: Sequestering Strike
Avenger daily 5: Living Death Strike

ITEMS
Vicious Execution axe +2, Acrobat Boots (heroic tier), Leather Armor, Leather Armor of Resistance +2, Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Cloak of Survival +2
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

I'm trying to decide between Weapon Focus (Axe), Improved Initiative, Shield the Fallen, and Durable for feats, and with powers, I have no idea. None of the level 6 utility powers jump out at me as particularly useful (Aspect of Majesty, worst power ever?) and I just don't know what to take. I'm so lost that I'm considering taking the level 2 power that lets me change my Oath target to something else. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Mando Knight
2009-09-09, 10:54 PM
Weapon Focus (Axe) won't help you at all: you've already got a feat bonus to damage rolls from Dwarven Weapon Training. I'd get Improved Initiative or a multiclass feat...

Wrath of the Divine looks useful in theory... if you get 20 attacks thrown at you per day, then you'll probably be wanting to be able to inflict pain back at your enemies.

Ranis
2009-09-10, 06:24 AM
What is wrath of the divine? Character builder doesn't show up with it at all, even when I tell it to show illegal fields.

Kylarra
2009-09-10, 10:16 AM
Wrath of the divine is in phb2. It's really only marginally useful (imo). It's a daily interrupt that when you're crit against by your oath target, allows you to deal that much damage to them in radiant.

Mando Knight
2009-09-10, 12:12 PM
What is wrath of the divine? Character builder doesn't show up with it at all, even when I tell it to show illegal fields.

Utility power, not feat. Sorry, I should have specified that.

Uthrac
2009-09-30, 02:36 PM
Wrath of the Divine is if any enemy crits you, your oath target takes the same amount of damage. I've found that either I've oathed/killed my previous turn, so there's nobody oathed to take the damage, or I've used a different immediate power, so can't trigger it.

I went with the two level 2 utility powers instead. Changing your oath once per encounter can be very handy . . .

7th lvl scrub
2009-09-30, 03:37 PM
For your Utility Power, I'd take Wrath of the Divine seeing as sooner or later you will have a critical hit scored against you, so you might as well get something useful out of it. As for your feat Toughness, or Melee Training (Wisdom) may be your best bet.