PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Powers Compendium/Index?

Yora
2009-09-10, 09:06 AM
Given what I know about the D&D community, there almost certainly has to be something like this. :smallwink:

Anyone know some links to an index of all psionic powers, or about psionic resources in gerneral?

Tavar
2009-09-10, 09:15 AM
Well, the SRD(SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/)) has a psionic section.

Stegyre
2009-09-10, 09:22 AM
Well, the SRD(SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/)) has a psionic section.
Actually, I suspect what he's looking for is something that tries to be more exhaustive, like the Crystal Keep summaries, which (regretably) do not cover psionics. The SRD is not exhaustive and omits numerous powers from WotC sources.

I've wanted to find a comprehensive listing, too.

Yora
2009-09-10, 10:18 AM
like the Crystal Keep summaries, which (regretably) do not cover psionics.
Curses! *shakes fist*

FMArthur
2009-09-10, 02:01 PM
The best I can think of is the Complete Psionic, which lists both its own new powers and those found in the XPH on the classes' power lists. Nothing beyond that, though.

Eloel
2009-09-10, 02:11 PM
I had a thread on some site with all powers/items/books bookmark'd. I deleted that bookmark earlier this week. But there IS one (even including 3rd party stuff, labeling them as 3rd party), you just need google-fu

Stegyre
2009-09-10, 02:45 PM
Curses! *shakes fist*
Believe me: I feel the same way.

Yora
2009-09-10, 03:17 PM
The best I can think of is the Complete Psionic, which lists both its own new powers and those found in the XPH on the classes' power lists. Nothing beyond that, though.

Are they any good? I hear so much bad stuff about that book.

Starbuck_II
2009-09-10, 03:23 PM
Are they any good? I hear so much bad stuff about that book.

The powers are good, but there are bad rules added to XPH core powers (stealth errata).

There is much good in CP, but they made it lukewarm with bad stuff.

Think of it like walking to school without a umbrella (no raincoat) while raining.
Sure, you get some education/hand with friends there, but you got soaked.

Stegyre
2009-09-11, 12:10 PM
The powers are good, but there are bad rules added to XPH core powers (stealth errata).
I probably haven't read CPsi closely enough to catch these. Is there a list of examples somewhere?

Zaq
2009-09-11, 12:17 PM
I think the biggest complaint that people have about CPsi is the change that states that you can only have one Astral Construct at a time. Oh, and they changed the Augmentation/DC ratio of a couple powers (while, weirdly, leaving the same ratio in place for a few other powers), which I can see as being obnoxious.

I still like CPsi. There's a good handful of crap in it (did we REALLY need a feat to turn a mind blade into a dwarven urgrosh?!), but there's enough good stuff to put it on par with the rest of the Completes, as I see it. (Ardent, Linked Power, Practiced Manifester, Anarchic Initiate, Soulbow, and a lot of the new powers are all worth your time.)

Yora
2009-09-11, 12:31 PM
Hm, might have to check it out then. Thanks.

Nero24200
2009-09-11, 01:18 PM
Some of the newer powers in CompletePsi are pretty good. Of all the sourcebooks I have, I don't see much in the way of new psionic powers (though from what I've heard Ebberon has some interesting Psionic options, but I don't own anything outwith the main book and the Races of Ebberon book).

To my knowledge, the new powers listed in other splats are in Complete Psi anyway.

Yora
2009-09-11, 02:15 PM
Thinking of it, I think any really wakky psionic powers I've heard of, are from Eberron books. :smallbiggrin:

Yora
2009-09-12, 06:57 AM
Does anyone know about good third party psionic books? I think there was one that's mentioned on many occasions, but I don't remember its name.

Jair Barik
2009-09-12, 07:13 AM
I like the Illithid heritage feats in CPsi but sadly one of them is broken (in that they don't list rules for it)

kamikasei
2009-09-12, 07:29 AM
Does anyone know about good third party psionic books? I think there was one that's mentioned on many occasions, but I don't remember its name.

Hyperconscious and Untapped Potential. the first by the author of the XPH, the second by, I think, some WotC forum regulars.

Lycanthromancer
2009-09-12, 11:46 AM
Dreamscarred Press (www.dreamscarredpress.com) are the ones who made Hyperconscious. There's also The Mind's Eye (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/psi), an official web-enhancement for psionics in general (though check the dates; some of the articles are pre-3.5).

There's also my psionic powers revision (http://www.sendspace.com/file/551069), which I made to clean psionics up a bit, and give it considerably more to play with in lieu of all the splatbooks everyone else gets. (I cut out all the breakable loopholes I could find, though I made sure to keep some nifty [but non-broken] tricks available. :smallcool:)

People seem to think it's balanced and fun.