PDA

View Full Version : (Pathfinder) Weapon Finesse and Sneak Attack

Morquard
2009-09-10, 12:00 PM
Hi

That may sound like a stupid question, but if I choose the Weapon Finesse feat and attack with a light weapon/Rapier, I only use my dex modifier for the attack roll, but not damage itself, that's still Str?

And while I'm at it, another stupid question.
Assume i'm a dual wielding rogue, have BAB of 6, I attack twice with my mainhand and once with my off-hand, and hit all three times.
Do I roll the sneak attack bonus just once, or three times, once per weapon?

Epinephrine
2009-09-10, 12:03 PM
Hi

That may sound like a stupid question, but if I choose the Weapon Finesse feat and attack with a light weapon/Rapier, I only use my dex modifier for the attack roll, but not damage itself, that's still Str?

Right.

And while I'm at it, another stupid question.
Assume i'm a dual wielding rogue, have BAB of 6, I attack twice with my mainhand and once with my off-hand, and hit all three times.
Do I roll the sneak attack bonus just once, or three times, once per weapon?

If you qualify for sneak attack with an attack, you deal the sneak attack damage.
So if you were invisible for all those attacks, you'd get SA.
If you were flanking for all three, you'd get SA.
If you had a normal invisibility on, your first attack will reveal you, so you get SA on that attack, but I believe the two subsequent attacks would not get SA (unless of course there was another reason for gaining SA damage, such as a flat-footed opponent, or flanking).

Morquard
2009-09-10, 12:06 PM
Ah yes, I was assuming all three hits happened under the same conditions.
Thanks for the answers.