PDA

View Full Version : In this topic: Paragraph of badassery

Rixx
2009-09-10, 03:28 PM
The rules are simple. In this topic, write a paragraph narrating an event that actually happened ingame with your character that makes them sound like a total badass. I'll start.

--------

Terrance Walker clutched the burn wound on his shoulder, gasping for breath as he slumped up against the wall. Damn it all... one more shot like that and I'm done for. He peered around the corner to see the sorcerer escaping, carrying the town lord's unconscious daughter in one arm, his free hand glowing with arcane might. Clenching his teeth in frustration, the ranger quickly assessed the situation: The only way he could keep the sorcerer from escaping was with a well-placed shot from his bow. However, he couldn't get it off without exposing himself to another attack, which could be his undoing - an almost certain fate if he missed, or worse, hit the hostage instead.

Terrance drew his bow taut and leapt from behind the wall. It's a good thing I don't miss.

-----

THE REALITY: This was a very risky, poor combat decision that ended up turning out really well. I knew it was a terrible idea. Terrance didn't.

But I feel like a jerk posting about how cool my character is, so post about how cool your characters all are!

Yukitsu
2009-09-10, 04:48 PM
Most of my awesome is generally oddly complex player vs. DM xanatos gambits, and as such, unfortunately don't fit in one paragraph. :smallfrown:

However, I consider this one of my highlight moments:

------------
The chopper buzzed in low over the water, sweeping its light over the boats collected in the harbour. The cultist had to be in one of those boats. "There he is!" shouted the operator over the beating of the rotating blades. I hung out the side of the copter, and caught a glimpse of the man, caught in the strong spotlight. He had a LAW rocket launcher. I grimaced. I didn't like these people, these feds that I'd been forced to help, but I couldn't just let them die either. I may have been an immortal, but these people wouldn't come back from this. I had to do something. "Hey. Before I go, I just wanted to say: I hate you all so very much." That's when I threw myself towards the incoming rocket. I was blasted into the water, hard, and watched as the world turned black...

------------

As a note as to what was going on, we were playing CoC, and the party sans myself was wanted by the feds. I agreed to help them out on something if they let the party off the hook, and so I went on a "me + NPC mooks" side mission. By this point in time I had gained immortality due to three cases of lycanthropy, some vampirism, and some wierd blessing/curse from a god. Strangely, I had kept my sanity, because I had a starting sanity of 90%, and because I kept saving vs. losing my will. Cultist had a rocket launcher, and the rest is history.