PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Platinum

Zaccino
2009-09-10, 04:20 PM
I have beat Pokemon Platinum!! Yay!!

Does anyone have any coments on what I should do? I have done everything I can think of!!

Optimystik
2009-09-10, 04:36 PM
Wait for them to make 200 new pokemon. Ta-da, Pokemon Zirconium.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-09-10, 05:01 PM
Erm... post in the already existing thread?

Wait for HeartGold or SoulSilver?

Optimystik
2009-09-10, 05:03 PM
Wait for HeartGold or SoulSilver?

Tell me you're joking. Are they really milking this crap making more installments with names like that?

Oregano
2009-09-10, 05:17 PM
Tell me you're joking. Are they really milking this crap making more installments with names like that?

They're remakes of Gold and Silver...

Linkavitch
2009-09-11, 11:10 AM
They're remakes of Gold and Silver...

He was commenting on the dumb names they put in front of the remakes names.

"Fire"Red
"Soul"silver

Optimystik
2009-09-11, 11:14 AM
Pokemon PlumPurple!
Pokemon BLACK: The Death of Pikachu
Pokemon Orange...Orange?

Okay, I'll stop

Catch
2009-09-11, 11:25 AM

Came out in Japan today too.

Tell me this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZXX0Th8EwA) isn't cool.

Vorpal word
2009-09-12, 05:42 PM
That is pretty awesome...I hope they cut down on the bling though, I can't stand the amount of semi-useless junk there is in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Especially accesories. Heard some music from the games today, most of it is a lot like the original Gameboy Color games but some has been changed a lot (Ercruteak City now sounds very Japanese, and several themes are new). Still don't get why they put in the Hoenn Legendaries when migration is possible from Gen 3, that seems pointless. I personally would say "meh" about Pokemon following you, but I guess in some cases it's pretty funny. Like with Wailord...

Optimystik
2009-09-12, 06:52 PM
Came out in Japan today too.

Tell me this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZXX0Th8EwA) isn't cool.

The cutscene looked cool. The actual gameplay... more of the same.

"Combat" still consists of static sprites that. occasionally wiggle, and the game superimposes effects on them before dropping them offscreen when defeated.

If you're still into it, it's great I guess, but I didn't see anything there that had me scrambling for my gameboy...

Violet Octopus
2009-09-14, 10:50 AM
Ooh, trailer looks good. I wasn't much of a fan of the graphics in diamond/pearl, but it looks a lot better here.

Though what will the next generation use for names? Maybe they'll go the other way towards completely nonprecious objects. Flotsam and Jetsam? Pocket Lint and Bellybutton Fluff? I'd buy 'em.