PDA

View Full Version : DnD drinking games...

Korivan
2009-09-10, 05:12 PM
Yup, just as the title suggests. My group and I are around the 21-25 age group and we tend to drink a little...And its been fun and dandy...loads of laughs... But, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good drinking games that are specifically for DnD. There was a sourcebook for 2nd edition for drinking games, but I wanna know if anyone has anything for 3.5.

Myshlaevsky
2009-09-10, 05:14 PM
Play a drunken master. Every time your character would drink, you must also take a drink. Enjoy your catastrophic liver failure.

Godskook
2009-09-10, 05:16 PM
Whenever anyone makes a monty python reference, take a drink. Bonus points if you go the whole gaming session without telling them that you're doing it.

IthilanorStPete
2009-09-10, 05:20 PM
Every time someone quotes OotS, take a drink.

Tyndmyr
2009-09-10, 05:22 PM
Whenever you fail a save, you may take a drink to pass it instead.

Rixx
2009-09-10, 05:24 PM
Critical failure: Take a drink.

Any time you wind up in a tavern for any reason: Take a drink.

Any time someone starts flipping through a rulebook (or referencing the SRD) in the middle of combat: Take a drink.

shadzar
2009-09-10, 05:25 PM
Any reference to dragonboobs, you drink. Any Monty Python reference, you drink. Any time someone pulls out their wand (male characters preferred cause it would be scary when done by a female character), you drink. Any...wait do you mean the players drink, or the characters IN the game drink? :smallconfused:

Temet Nosce
2009-09-10, 05:27 PM
Everyone has to take a drink whenever a natural 20 is rolled, if someone rolls a 1 they have to take two drinks.

I also like the take a drink to pass a save idea, except extend it to other stuff. If you're willing to take a drink you can say raise your roll by oh... 2 per drink?

Kurald Galain
2009-09-10, 05:33 PM
Here's a nasty one... whenever your character takes damage, you must take a drink. Then start a brawl between the various PCs...

golentan
2009-09-10, 05:53 PM
Telekinetic drinking. Two people with prestidigitation or mage hand square off, and try to pour the other a drink. The loser of an opposed CL check drinks. (and of course so does the player). For extra funsies, as your character gets more drunk his check takes penalties...

Korivan
2009-09-10, 06:05 PM
Here's a nasty one... whenever your character takes damage, you must take a drink. Then start a brawl between the various PCs...

LOLOLOLOL But anyways, all these are really good. I'll have to implement some of them at tomarrows game. Thank you.

Pika...
2009-09-10, 06:05 PM
I am not sure if this counts, but the dwarves of my setting have a traditional drinking game.

They use a "game table" like that listed in the Arms & Equipment Guide (in fact a dwarven manufactured set contains the game).

Mat/Table set up:
There are two large circles. Both parallel at an opposing table edge.
There is a smaller circle in the middle of the table.

How it works:

Players throw in coins in the center smaller circle to bet.
The waitress brings over a pair of mugs with liquor (preferably Dwarven Stout from the Arms & Equip Guide, which has a DC14 Fort Save), and places them on the bigger circles.
They down the drinks.
First to fail two saving throws passes out.
After the first saving throw failed, the dwarf is a bit "tipsy".

I've confused a number of players with this "traditional" dwarven game. Knocked a few out for plot hooks as well. :smallbiggrin:

p.s The A&EG has other liquors and meads with their appropriate DCs as well.

Rhiannon87
2009-09-10, 06:29 PM
I am not sure if this counts, but the dwarves of my setting have a traditional drinking game.

In my game the dwarves have a drinking game also. It's called Barrel Racing. It involves barrels of alcohol and tests to see how quickly they can be drained. Secondary Barrel Racing is when you've gotten so drunk it seems like a good idea to climb in the empty barrel at the top of a hill and see who gets to the bottom first.

KaganMonk
2009-09-10, 06:30 PM
Telekinetic drinking. Two people with prestidigitation or mage hand square off, and try to pour the other a drink. The loser of an opposed CL check drinks. (and of course so does the player). For extra funsies, as your character gets more drunk his check takes penalties...

Anytime someone quotes Hitchhiker's Guide...

The Demented One
2009-09-10, 06:31 PM
The solution: Drinkin' and Dragons. Play D&D. While you play, drink normally.

Pika...
2009-09-10, 06:42 PM
In my game the dwarves have a drinking game also. It's called Barrel Racing. It involves barrels of alcohol and tests to see how quickly they can be drained. Secondary Barrel Racing is when you've gotten so drunk it seems like a good idea to climb in the empty barrel at the top of a hill and see who gets to the bottom first.

OK, yours is clearly better, and probably more laughs inducing.

May I please steal it? :smallbiggrin:

Delaney Gale
2009-09-10, 06:46 PM
My friends and I have a bad (amazing?) habit of playing the drinking game Kings, a.k.a. Circle of Death. This game has nothing to do with D+D. That is, until the "make a rule!" card is drawn, and we inevitably make the rule "play as your character".

Playing "Five Fingers" as my rogue is fun.

Cleric: Never have I ever made a binding contract with a denizen of the lower planes.
Me: Hey! That doesn't count, I wrote so many loopholes into that contract that it says I can just ignore them for the rest of my existence and still honor it!
Cleric: So counts.
Me: Fine...

Project_Mayhem
2009-09-10, 07:10 PM
The solution: Drinkin' and Dragons. Play D&D. While you play, drink normally.

This would be my default playstyle

dspeyer
2009-09-10, 07:43 PM
Drink for a prophesy; chug for a chosen one.

http://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0145.html

Raum
2009-09-10, 07:56 PM
"Ghuff. Games? Drinkin' is serious bizness. Whatcha need games ta drink for?"
- Gimli, right before ordering another.