PDA

View Full Version : Making D&D Character, 3.5, Just for fun!!

Zaccino
2009-09-10, 05:52 PM
Any ideas on what to make???

Foryn Gilnith
2009-09-10, 05:54 PM
Half-Orc Wu Jen/Shadowcaster/Noctumancer.

Kylarra
2009-09-10, 05:55 PM
Beguiler Beguiler

darkblust
2009-09-10, 05:57 PM
A 1st level everything!

Rixx
2009-09-10, 05:58 PM
Take the first level of a class over and over again. Become a Sorcerer with nothing but a ton of level 1 spells.

ex cathedra
2009-09-10, 06:00 PM
Factotum.

With a troubled past.

Temet Nosce
2009-09-10, 06:05 PM
Multiclassed CW Samurai/Soulknife/Truenamer

... Hey, at least you can be pretty sure no one else has done it before.

Claudius Maximus
2009-09-10, 06:08 PM
What level are you looking for? What sourcebooks are allowed? Any information you give us would help.

Roukon
2009-09-10, 06:08 PM
When I was at Mega-Con in February, I bought some randomizing dice. One selects race, while the other selects class. (Core only.) You could try something like that.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-09-10, 06:09 PM
A dwarf who is fueled by alcohol.

ericgrau
2009-09-10, 06:58 PM
A 1st level everything!

I made a fairly playable build that dipped most core classes. 1 or 2 levels each, so no multiclassing xp penalties. His low save was will and it was still higher than a high will save even before the cha bonus. His fort save was just silly. He had a moderate BAB but enough AB bonuses to make up for it, every single skill as a class skill (interestingly enough, the 5ish sources each contribute a fair chunk), averaged 4+int skill points per level, averaged d8 HD, and had a bajillion special abilities I forget, like HiPS and what not.

Shadowbane
2009-09-10, 07:03 PM
Ericgrau: If you can find that build, I would love to see it.

ericgrau
2009-09-10, 07:18 PM
Argh, I'm actually looking for it right now but I'm having trouble finding it. But it is as I said: dip a bunch of core classes and prestige classes. I remember it included horizon walker 1 (fatigue immunity + stats), paladin 2 blackguard 2 (cha to saves), barbarian 1 (rage, fast movement), shadowdancer 1 (or 2?), fighter 2, ranger 1 (?), dragon disciple 2 or 4 (stats), assassin 1 (good wand spells, sneak attack), dwarven defender 1 (stats), rogue 1? (sneak attack, trapfinding). It went up to level 14ish. All the early feats went into pre-reqs and I think a lot of the classes had to be taken in a certain order to qualify for eachother or have enough feats or etc. Like assassin for spontaneous arcane casting for dragon disciple, rather than "wasting" a level on doing it the simple way :smalltongue:.

EDIT: Hmm, the classes I listed add up to 12+, that may be most of it. And I remember there was a hole to fill at level 4 or 5 since you couldn't qualify for a prestige class yet but you didn't have enough base classes to fill the gap either. After level 14 I'd progress into more special abilities, like shadowdancer 2 and barbarian 2 for evasion and improved uncanny dodge. Both also give a BAB.

Zaccino
2009-09-10, 08:08 PM
Whats a build??

Is it an adventure???

And I am looking for any info/ideas on what to make for a character for D&D 3.5, oh, and possibly in Forgotten Realms!! I like Forgotten Realms, because that is where most things happen, like Drizzt, and other things like that!!

So any ideas on a D&D 3.5 character would be good thanx!!

I might just join a post-by-post game too, but that depends on how much time I have to spend on that!!
Oh, and does anyone read R.A SALVATORE books?? they are really good books!!! I like the author, because he is very good at what he does!!

Zaccino
2009-09-10, 08:17 PM
When I was at Mega-Con in February, I bought some randomizing dice. One selects race, while the other selects class. (Core only.) You could try something like that.

I made some tables on my computer a little while ago, they were all about randomization, you just had to roll some dice, and add them up, and see which number you got, and that would tell you what you could be!!

Nerocite
2009-09-10, 08:21 PM
Be the best you can be.

gdiddy
2009-09-10, 08:37 PM
Be a human rogue. It's fun and you're always useful.

Zaccino
2009-09-10, 08:44 PM
Well, I just don't know, because I don't want to be multiclassed!!!

Kulture
2009-09-11, 12:44 PM
Kender alcomancer.

Alcomancer is a homebrew casting class that gets steadily more powerful and Less accurate as it gets more intoxicated.
Thus, rays are fairly useless.
Fireballs, on the otherhand...

Totally Guy
2009-09-11, 12:55 PM
Be a cleric.

They wear armour.
They bash things.
They have healing.
They can get rid of undead.
And the have good magic spells.

And if you find a better spell in your players handbook you can get it the next day. No need to worry about only knowing a limited number and no need for a wizard style spell book.

Clerics give you a solid character with massive potential that you don't need to learn a lot up front for.

Doc Roc
2009-09-11, 12:56 PM
Beguiler Beguiler

Not only is it hilariously fun to say, it's also an amazingly fun character to play. Beguilers are also the perfect race for factotums.

woodenbandman
2009-09-11, 01:33 PM
Well for pure fun I always like a good Binder. They're so hilarious to play, and everyone has a blast. Bonus points if you dump wisdom so that you can in-character put yourself into situations where your vestige influence is brought to bear. Once I had to talk for 1 minute about having sex, with a character who despite having a nymph for a mother was pretty much asexual. That was lols.