PDA

View Full Version : SLA - Industries we hardly knew ye

Grimsbane
2009-09-10, 08:29 PM
Ever since I encountered SLA - Industries for the first time back in '94, I have been smitten. It is without a doubt my favourite RPG of all times! I like the 2D10 all-round system it uses, but I LOVE it for the amazing back story and dept. (I prefer Ebon characters:smallbiggrin:).

but I never got around to buying the MORT sourcebook, I only have the corebook as well as the KARMA sourcebook. Now Nightfall Games' homepage hasn't been up and running for some years, and the rumors swir here in Denmark as to what happened to the game that we( me and the guys who showed me) love so very much.

If anyone knows the full story please, please, PLEASE enlight me. let me bask in the awesomeness that is you, and tell me what happened to the game that changed my life forever.

Also... should anyone have a MORT sourcebook they'd be willing to part with, I would be happy to pay( around the first, since I'm currently on welfare:smallsigh:)
Thank you in advance

Gralamin
2009-09-10, 08:36 PM
Ever since I encountered SLA - Industries for the first time back in '94, I have been smitten. It is without a doubt my favourite RPG of all times! I like the 2D10 all-round system it uses, but I LOVE it for the amazing back story and dept. (I prefer Ebon characters:smallbiggrin:).

but I never got around to buying the MORT sourcebook, I only have the corebook as well as the KARMA sourcebook. Now Nightfall Games' homepage hasn't been up and running for some years, and the rumors swir here in Denmark as to what happened to the game that we( me and the guys who showed me) love so very much.

If anyone knows the full story please, please, PLEASE enlight me. let me bask in the awesomeness that is you, and tell me what happened to the game that changed my life forever.

Also... should anyone have a MORT sourcebook they'd be willing to part with, I would be happy to pay( around the first, since I'm currently on welfare:smallsigh:)
Thank you in advance

From wikipedia:

Publication

SLA Industries was first published independently in 1993. The game was later bought by Wizards of the Coast late in 1994,[1] after their success with Magic: The Gathering. It was later republished by Nightfall Games Ltd and distributed by Hogshead Publishing, until Hogshead was sold to its current owners, and since 2003 Cubicle 7 Entertainment has been working on producing new material.

So, Cubicle 7 (http://www.cubicle-7.com/worldofprogress.htm) is now your go to for the game.

Grimsbane
2009-09-13, 10:49 AM
THANK YOU! You are awesome. I'll go check that out.