PDA

View Full Version : Commoners + Chickens

Sharkman1231
2009-09-10, 10:12 PM
So I've come acroos posts mentionng something about commoners with chickens. Could someone tell me what thats about?

Raiki
2009-09-10, 10:15 PM
There was an article posted (either online or in a dragon magazine, i disremember which) about flaws for commoners.

One of these flaws was "chicken infested" which iirc made it so any time you reached for ANYTHING you had a chance to just pull out a chicken instead.

I could be wrong on the effect, but that's the jist of it.

~R~

Signmaker
2009-09-10, 10:16 PM
Chicken-Infested Flaw. Commoners only. 50% chance of grabbing a chicken out of a bag or pouch when you would try to draw something out of it. Combine with spell component pouch, whose DnD physics say you can pull an infinite number of things out of it, all as free actions, and it never happens to run out.

Renegade Paladin
2009-09-10, 10:17 PM
Yeah, the Chicken Infested flaw, which is commoner only, gives you a 50% chance to pull out a live chicken instead of the item you wanted whenever you try to draw anything. Spell component pouches have infinite contents and drawing something from one is a free action. Combine the flaw and a component pouch, and...

ericgrau
2009-09-10, 10:18 PM
Foster Farms profit?

EIDT: Or do you mean the drunken master / master throwers fighting with chickens as improvised weapons?:smallbiggrin:

quick_comment
2009-09-10, 10:19 PM
Its the sort of ability that should be an epic feat, not a commoner flaw.

Sharkman1231
Wow, that's hilarious, I'm totally going do use that next time my group gets together to play D&D.
;-)

Renegade Paladin
Foster Farms profit?
I was thinking more along the lines of smothering your enemy in chickens, but that works too. :smalltongue:

good_lookin_gus
2009-09-10, 10:24 PM
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19865754/Bukbuk_Lord_of_the_Wings

Sholos
2009-09-10, 11:40 PM
Yeah, the Chicken Infested flaw, which is commoner only, gives you a 50% chance to pull out a live chicken instead of the item you wanted whenever you try to draw anything. Spell component pouches have infinite contents and drawing something from one is a free action. Combine the flaw and a component pouch, and...

Wait, aren't free actions not actually free? Like speaking. Technically free, but there's only so much you get before you actually spend time. Wouldn't that rule apply to drawing things out of a spell component pouch?

PId6
2009-09-10, 11:49 PM
Nope, because that rule relies upon a DM's common sense, and a DM that allows this probably doesn't have any.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-09-10, 11:52 PM
Wait, aren't free actions not actually free? Like speaking. Technically free, but there's only so much you get before you actually spend time. Wouldn't that rule apply to drawing things out of a spell component pouch?Even without the NI chicken black hole or the Plane of Chicken, there's still a lot you can do with ~25 chickens per round.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-09-10, 11:53 PM
Eat them, for example.

Keld Denar
2009-09-10, 11:54 PM
Best combine with levels in Warlock for The Dead Walk invocation and the Corpsecrafter + Destructive Retribution feat. You'll be able to summon a huge supply of temporary chicken zombie fodder, each with like, 1/2 a HD which'll explode for a small amount of negative energy each. Stack up enough undead chickens, and you'll have negative energy splattered all over the place.

Bawk bawk bawk BOOM!!!!!

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-09-10, 11:55 PM
Reserves of Strength + Chickens + Greater Consumptive Field = Profit

Sholos
2009-09-11, 12:16 AM
Even without the NI chicken black hole or the Plane of Chicken, there's still a lot you can do with ~25 chickens per round.

Well, yes, but not to the absurd extremes usually posited.

Nope, because that rule relies upon a DM's common sense, and a DM that allows this probably doesn't have any.

The rule explicitly calls for DM judgment, though, specifically telling the DM to limit such actions to a reasonable amount.

Poil
2009-09-11, 08:13 AM
I bet you could make a pretty cool campaign based on a BBEG who has a level of commoner and this flaw. Even better if you combine it with El Pollo Diablo.

The party finally makes it into the deepest chamber in the hen house shaped dungeon where they stand face to face with the big devil chicken who rules from his flaming chicken nest deep in Baator and he can pull out mad pecking legions from his spell pouches to drown his enemies in a furious flurry of feathers, fire and a lot of bawk.

Zeta Kai
2009-09-11, 08:28 AM

That's the basic core assumption of every crazy build, from the Hulking Hurler to Pun-Pun. "If your DM was a moron, you could get away with this..." Every game-breaking, rule-lawyerist, munchkinized, twinked-out, CharOped, RAW-cooked build depends utterly on a DM that fails to comprehend or implement Rule #0 properly. All a DM has to do is say, "LOL, no. Now let's just play the game," & any insane build is shut down, but good.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just think that it bears repeating.