PDA

View Full Version : Dun Dun DUN!!! (New comic spoilers)

badam104172
2009-09-11, 02:09 PM
if the guy who was bugging V possibly be....

the next member of the LINEAR GUILD???

thoughts, please.

Malkar Grumbo
2009-09-11, 02:19 PM
if the guy who was bugging V possibly be....

the next member of the LINEAR GUILD???

thoughts, please.

If he is, this might explain why he went to such lengths to tick V off. I mean for a place so large he could have found more diamond dust elsewhere.

Elan's Modron
2009-09-11, 02:23 PM
Ooh! I hadn't thought of that, OP.
That would be a great angle!

EM

ThePhantasm
2009-09-11, 02:29 PM
Or maybe he is Sabine?

David Argall
2009-09-11, 03:36 PM
A future member of LG, maybe, but we can be pretty sure he is just a random NPC at this time. As noted, the fiends are on V's "side" until the 45 minutes are done, and the LG are their minions, even if only Sabine knows that. And of course, Nale's plots are apt to be more elaborate than just picking a fight in a business. So it is most likely this is just a random event, with no reason for it happening much beyond a current shortage of diamonds.
Now it is quite possible that we will see more of Mr. Turban. He may join the LG in an effort to get revenge, or He and V may slug it out for a few round, during which time, another mage grabs the diamonds and buys them, and then the two have to co-operate to get the diamonds for themselves [or at least one of them].

Zordrath
2009-09-11, 03:39 PM
I do hope Mr Turban isn't just a random NPC, I like him. He looks like he has many a funny interaction with V up his sleeve :smallamused: We haven't seen enough of him yet to know whether he qualifies as an evil opposite of V, though.

Bibliomancer
2009-09-11, 03:46 PM
I do hope Mr Turban isn't just a random NPC, I like him. He looks like he has many a funny interaction with V up his sleeve :smallamused: We haven't seen enough of him yet to know whether he qualifies as an evil opposite of V, though.

I personally dislike any caster who choose a toad as a familiar, since I don't think it fits with the wizard's general aura.

Wizard: Tremble before my arcane power. You could never comprehend the mysteries are my-

*Familiar pokes its head out of the wizard's robes*

Familiar: Ribbit.

Enemies: Laugh themselves to death.

I will admit that it has certain tactical advantages, though. I'm hoping that this can be resolved fairly quickly without making Mr. Turban into another recurring enemy.

Zordrath
2009-09-11, 03:51 PM
The toad is one of the reasons I like him :smalltongue: That, and his turban, and his beard.

BatRobin
2009-09-11, 03:51 PM
As noted, the fiends are on V's "side" until the 45 minutes are done,

Just saying, those 45 minutes ended LONG ago, over the boat prolly.

Iunno if you said that, I think I might've read your post wrong.

Bibliomancer
2009-09-11, 04:00 PM

The fiends can cash in 45 minutes of control over V whenever they want, most people assume. The fiends were very careful about not specifying whether or not they received their time after V died. That's why they wanted 45 minutes instead of eternal control of another soul: so that they could use that time while V is alive and (probably) near one of the gates.

Kupi
2009-09-11, 04:00 PM

He's talking about the terms of V's contract with the IFCC. The fiends get possession of his soul for as long as he maintained the splice-- the exact period in which this is to occur was never defined. They get his soul for 45 minutes at some point. So the IFCC is unlikely to permit much direct harm to V until they've elected to use him for their own purposes.

Their clock did not immediately begin running when V's Soul Splice expired.

General Valter
2009-09-11, 04:14 PM
It can't be Sabine. She can change here shape, but for some reason she can't change her skin color. The man V got mad at is clearly the wrong skin tone for Sabine.

Bibliomancer
2009-09-11, 04:23 PM
It can't be Sabine. She can change here shape, but for some reason she can't change her skin color. The man V got mad at is clearly the wrong skin tone for Sabine.

I believe the OP was mentioning the possibility that Turban might join the Linear Guild at a later date.

Trobby
2009-09-11, 05:15 PM
I personally dislike any caster who choose a toad as a familiar, since I don't think it fits with the wizard's general aura.

Wizard: Tremble before my arcane power. You could never comprehend the mysteries are my-

*Familiar pokes its head out of the wizard's robes*

Familiar: Ribbit.

Enemies: Laugh themselves to death.

I will admit that it has certain tactical advantages, though. I'm hoping that this can be resolved fairly quickly without making Mr. Turban into another recurring enemy.

Familiar: *frown* It's not easy bein' green...

Bibliomancer
2009-09-11, 05:20 PM
Familiar: *frown* It's not easy bein' green...

You'd think PR would help, but it doesn't. I might as well stop putting points into it.