PDA

View Full Version : Black is the new blue...

Elan's Modron
2009-09-11, 02:20 PM
In that - wait for it, wait for it - Blackwing is totally bad-@ss. Just like O-Chul was bad-@ss. (And O-Chul was from, you know Blue-land...)

Okay- that was a truly totally torturous route I just took, merely to say: I HEART BLACKWING.

Blackwing's bad-assitude: Discuss.

Zordrath
2009-09-11, 02:57 PM
Reasonable warnings don't make one badass. Badass would have been to take care of that wizard by himself so that V doesn't have to use spells and the problem is nonetheless dealt with :smallamused:

RMS Oceanic
2009-09-11, 03:02 PM
Yeah, Badass usually involves physical action. Hence the concept of the Badass Bookworm.

Being a voice of reason, though, is a good thing.

Elan's Modron
2009-09-11, 03:16 PM
You guys are both right.

I tend to fall guilty to "badass = anything I like."

But *IF* loving Blackwing is wrong, I just don't wanna be right.

RMS Oceanic
2009-09-11, 03:26 PM
Oh, there's nothing wrong with liking Blackwing. I just think that you don't need to flandarize the concept of the badass in doing it.

Although personally, I just haven't seen enough of Blackwing as a character rather than a plot device or source of a gag to get a feel for his personality. I guess it's a little soon.

Elan's Modron
2009-09-11, 03:29 PM
Although personally, I just haven't seen enough of Blackwing as a character rather than a plot device or source of a gag to get a feel for his personality. I guess it's a little soon.

Some things you (=meaning 'me') just know in your (=meaning 'my') heart.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-09-11, 06:23 PM
I like Blackwing, too...but he's not badass. If he were, he would have eaten Xykon's phylactery whole and forced him to find and reassemble it one Raven dropping at a time.

Pyrolep
2009-09-11, 07:49 PM
I don't think he could digest that..

Raging Gene Ray
2009-09-11, 08:50 PM
That's exactly my point! If he was badass, he could and would!

O-Chul once ate an entire toilet, piece by piece!

Then he went off to eat hickory smoked horse buttholes from a cup and kill his own mother with a broken lawn chair!

xyzzy
2009-09-11, 08:53 PM

Then he went off to eat hickory smoked horse buttholes from a cup and kill his own mother with a broken lawn chair!

O-Chul is not a doctor!!!

Spiky
2009-09-12, 12:54 AM

Well, so far he's acting like a raven.

RoninAngel
2009-09-12, 12:59 AM
I like that Blackwing...
Oooh! Shiny!:smalltongue:

Elan's Modron
2009-09-17, 12:16 PM
The awesomeness of Blackwing - (or- as someone called him in another thread- Ala Negra) continues to expand at a frightening pace.
I heart that damn bird.
As I've said before- if loving Blackwing is wrong- I just don't wanna be right. EVER.

Plus- with his new sombrero he's ready to get all Sergio Leone on us, should he so desire.

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE FAMILIAR

Watcher
2009-09-17, 04:34 PM
Lord Xykon knows badass. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0434.html)

Trobby
2009-09-17, 04:55 PM
Lord Xykon knows badass. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0434.html)

Everything is better with a nice hat (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NiceHat).

TehSheen
2009-09-17, 04:56 PM
Blackwing is awesome. No questions asked.

Optimystik
2009-09-17, 05:01 PM
He might be insightful, but he has yet to overcome his cowardice in my eyes. Badass? Not yet.

Elan's Modron
2009-09-17, 05:10 PM
Um- I wasn't here for the shutting down of fan club threads. (But, you know, I hear things...)

I truly don't want to hack the mods off-
This is probably an embryonic fan-thread, huh?
Should I cease & desist?

[*sobs* Oh Blackwing!!!!]

Optimystik
2009-09-17, 05:12 PM
You are discussing one particular aspect of the character (i.e. his "badassery") rather than simply making a general "I think this character is cool! Who's with me???"-type thread that has been locked before. My guess would be that you're fine, but then I'm not a moderator, so take that for what it's worth :smalltongue:

Elan's Modron
2009-09-17, 05:17 PM
You are discussing one particular aspect of the character (i.e. his "badassery") rather than simply making a general "I think this character is cool! Who's with me???"-type thread that has been locked before. My guess would be that you're fine, but then I'm not a moderator, so take that for what it's worth :smalltongue:

Ah! Thanks for the insight.
Still, I guess I won't push my luck...

factotum
2009-09-18, 01:37 AM
He might be insightful, but he has yet to overcome his cowardice in my eyes. Badass? Not yet.

Cowardice? Oh, you mean the occasion where he ran away from a fight with a Death Knight who could kill him with less effort than it took to (not) breathe? That's not cowardice, that's common sense, and if V had any he would have been high-tailing it after the raven! After all, he'd already destroyed the DK's horse and presumably could thus have at least matched its speed.

pflare
2009-09-18, 04:37 PM
Badass? No. Voice of reason? Yes. I love a good consience

waterpenguin43
2009-09-18, 05:18 PM

If he did that, then I dfinately do NOT like people who are bad-ass.:smalleek: