PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline Rush?

Jergmo
2009-09-11, 06:26 PM
This is just off the top of my head now, so bear with me and please share your ideas if you have any.

This has been on my mind for a while now, with the stories of people lifting cars and launching 600 pound boulders away while in an adrenaline rush, and I was wondering if anyone had ideas as on how to implement this, such as the conditions required to enter an adrenaline rush, and the effects, both positive and negative. For starters, I was considering that it would make spellcasting impossible (without some kind of special training via feats), would give an increase to Reflex saves (+2, maybe?), the lifting (but not carrying) of a creature one size category larger, perhaps be considered Shaken (without a feat)... some bonus that could symbolize the release of endorphins cutting off pain... and so on.

Edit: Temporary fatigue and a penalty on fortitude and reflex saves after combat ends?

Charlie Kemek
2009-09-11, 06:46 PM
uhh...wouldn't that be a barbarian? for a non barbarian, use the Rage spell. there's also the acf that allows the barbarian's rage to make him/her 1 size larger.

Jergmo
2009-09-11, 06:55 PM
uhh...wouldn't that be a barbarian? for a non barbarian, use the Rage spell. there's also the acf that allows the barbarian's rage to make him/her 1 size larger.

Well...that's a start. So, ah...+2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Reflex, lifting one size category higher, -2 vs. poison and disease, -2 AC, now that I think of it, perhaps exhausted, actually, after combat ends? Can be used once below 50% health?

Charlie Kemek
2009-09-11, 07:11 PM
maybe this? (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm#rageVariantWhirlingFrenzy )

Samb
2009-09-11, 08:28 PM
There is a power from complete psionics called adrenaline rush. Gives + to Physical stats and is a swift action. A favorite to use linked power.

If you are looking for emergency heroics, then putting in action points which be fitting.

Shpadoinkle
2009-09-11, 09:52 PM
In game terms that's called "rolling a natural 20."