PDA

View Full Version : Board Rules Regarding Sexually-Related Stuff...

The Neoclassic
2009-09-11, 08:44 PM
Specifically, I'm putting up bits and pieces of my campaign setting. In a section on mundane items, I do want to include two sorts of contraceptive materials. As long as I don't describe precisely what they're used for (nothing more descriptive than the term "sexual intercourse"), would that be acceptable? I know the forum doesn't permit extremely descriptive mentions of sexual activities, but I'm unsure of whether this would qualify as rule-breaking or not. Thanks!

Haruki-kun
2009-09-11, 08:46 PM
I'm under the impression that it's fine as long as you don't get too descriptive.

Roland St. Jude
2009-09-11, 09:01 PM
On the face of it, no, that doesn't seem to violate the Forum Rules.

But I'm a little concerned that the inclusion of such items implies a level of detail on the subject in-game that would cross the line here. Just keep the "action" off-screen or described a high level of generality and you should be fine.

The Neoclassic
2009-09-11, 11:54 PM
On the face of it, no, that doesn't seem to violate the Forum Rules.

But I'm a little concerned that the inclusion of such items implies a level of detail on the subject in-game that would cross the line here. Just keep the "action" off-screen or described a high level of generality and you should be fine.

The intention would be mostly to explain practical matters in game: Namely, why do these societies have a low birthrate compared with most pre-modern cultures? It wouldn't be part of a focus of "Hey, lots of sexy culture details!", but a detail among far more mundane social and cultural issues. No explicit descriptions of naughty activities or such. :smallsmile: Thanks very much for the clarification!