PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinderizing the warblade

Agmundr
2009-09-11, 08:44 PM
hello everyone im getting ready to join a pathfinder campaign as a warblade and i wanted some help with getting the warblade ready and what tweaks it would need. this is my first thread on the homebrew forum and i would greatly appreciate some help :smallsmile:

alchemyprime
2009-09-12, 12:42 AM
Honestly? The Warblade is fine as is if you just remember to change the skills around properly. At least from what I've seen.

Mongoose87
2009-09-12, 01:10 AM
Just make sure you don't forget to take feats every other level, as is the standard for Pathfinder.

Nero24200
2009-09-12, 10:51 AM
You'll need to find a sutible replacment, however, for the concentration skill required of the Diamond Mind School (I beleive, been a while since I looked at the book so I might be thinking of another school). PF did away with concentration and replaced it with caster level checks.

Roderick_BR
2009-09-12, 07:00 PM
You'll need to find a sutible replacment, however, for the concentration skill required of the Diamond Mind School (I beleive, been a while since I looked at the book so I might be thinking of another school). PF did away with concentration and replaced it with caster level checks.
I think he can just keep Concentration as a new Warblade skill. It involves special focus to his maneuvers. It'll only be the martial version of the caster's skills used to not lose spells.

Agmundr
2009-09-12, 07:54 PM
perhaps use initiator level instead of caster level for concentration?
is there anything else that should be done and do the other ToB classes need work?
if not then thank you all for helping me get ready for my friends campaign :smile:

Edge
2009-09-13, 06:35 AM
perhaps use initiator level instead of caster level for concentration?

As skill points are now capped at being equal to your character level, you're only missing out on the +3 bonus for it being a class skill. This seems a rather good compromise.

Another option could be to fold Concentration and the XPH skill Autohypnosis (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/skills/autohypnosis.htm) into one skill and add that to the Warblade's class skills. The functions of Autohypnosis gel quite well fluff-wise with Diamond Mind, I feel.

Agmundr
2009-09-15, 01:06 AM
that sounds good, although it might be a bit powerful for a initiator not in diamond mind. the concentration acting as an initiator level check is a clone of the concentration rules for casters from pathfinder.

so far from suggestions its just skills and minor adjustments, which makes sense because it has access to 9th level manuevers.

thank you everyone for your help and advice

Person_Man
2009-09-15, 09:01 AM
Also keep in mind that while Pathfinder gives you more feats, most of the traditional melee feats (Power Attack, Improved Trip, etc) have been horribly nerfed. So I suggest picking non-Pathfinder feats. Tome of Battle feats, Arcane Schooling, Deformity Tall, Fearless Destiny, Mage Slayer, Pierce Magical Concealment, Robilar’s Gambit, Stand Still, etc.