PDA

View Full Version : Tears of Blood Must Go (Please)

Zeta Kai
2009-09-11, 09:10 PM
So, ToB has been off on their own Wiki for months, doing god-knows-what & getting god-knows-what done. Their sub-forum was locked months ago. And now, the Notable Threads have been compiled into one soon-to-be-stickied thread (which is a wise move, IMO).

So why is the ToB sub-forum still around? It's stated statute of limitations is long overdue. You guys gave them plenty of time to take their stuff & go, & they did, but their sub-forum still lingers, like a vestigial organ that has rotted on the vine. When will this appendix be excised?

I have my reasons for wanting it gone, reasons that have nothing against ToB or the people who have worked on it. I wish to have a thread stickied one day, if possible, & I know that every other stickied thread & sub-forum that is eliminated makes my future request more likely to be granted. Petty, perhaps, but it has been more than long enough for ToB. My argument stands.

Roland St. Jude
2009-09-11, 09:35 PM
That's a bit demanding and melodramatic isn't it? Color me not terribly moved to do what you've "asked."

That said, we know it's there and that its status is locked. I imagine we'll decide to hide it entirely or even remove it eventually. It's a piece of Forum history unlikely to be repeated (but if it is, the existence of the closed ToB subforum doesn't really effect that.) We're considering what to do with it and when.

Of course, the existence of the ToB subforum bears zero relation to whether we permit a given new sticky (which, given Operation Sticky Reduction, seems less likely as we remove stickies). The goal is fewer stickies - not to make room for new stickies.

Zeta Kai
2009-09-11, 10:01 PM
That's a bit demanding and melodramatic isn't it? Color me not terribly moved to do what you've "asked."

Well, I haven't asked yet. :smalltongue: I apologize if my tone is disagreeable to you. I mean no offense. I've just noticed that changes have been made more than once in the last few months, & yet the ToB forum remains as it has.

As for ToB having histoical value, I agree that it is an aberrant event, & is unlikely to be repeated in that scale or scope. But I'm also not sure that it was a good thing. They've been working on that setting for years, & they don't have much to show for their efforts. A consensus has never been reached on some of the most fundamental of issues. Most of the work that has been accomplished hasn't come from cooperation, but people just forging ahead without that group & laying down work that the rest don't care to refute. I don't know if it's a good thing as a whole, & I may never know, as I don't see them reaching a true completion anytime soon.

And as for your goal of fewer stickies, I think that your method of reaching that goal is commendable. The Notable Threads thread/post is a great idea.

Rawhide
2009-09-12, 03:15 AM
First rule of getting your thread stickied: Never ask for your thread to be stickied.

We'll stick a thread that we think needs to be stuck, we don't entertain requests.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-09-12, 06:04 AM
First rule of stickied requests: You don't talk about stickied requests.
Second rule of stickied requests: You don't ask about stickied requests.
Third rule of stickied requests: You don't DO stickied requests.

:smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2009-09-12, 11:17 AM
And I was just about to ask if my thread about bananas could be stickied.

*runs*

EmeraldRose
2009-09-12, 01:33 PM
There's bananas?

*slips on a peel*

Ah, there they are.....

*runs and hides*

Faulty
2009-09-12, 01:49 PM
like a vestigial organ that has rotted on the vine.

That's a really bizarre simile.

afroakuma
2009-09-12, 01:51 PM
That's a really bizarre simile.

Zeta grows some really creepy garden plants.

Zeta Kai
2009-09-12, 10:34 PM
Zeta grows some really creepy garden plants.

Look, I said I was sorry, but you shouldn't have gotten so close to that fern. I warned you, & now who's missing a toe? Not me. :smalltongue:

afroakuma
2009-09-12, 10:54 PM
Look, I said I was sorry, but you shouldn't have gotten so close to that fern. I warned you, & now who's missing a toe? Not me. :smalltongue:

I'm not missing a toe, I'm missing a section of the dome of my talus bone. How your plant did that I'll never know.

Roland St. Jude
2009-09-12, 10:55 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Okay, this has gone into total silliness now. Thread locked.