PDA

View Full Version : Nym, the Drow merchant?

Jergmo
2009-09-12, 02:16 PM
Jaraxle has been fully statted out, but are there any sources that has the bastard-coated bastard Nym? It's mentioned that he has enough magic items to rival that of Jaraxle and that he specializes in enchantment magic, but I haven't seen much. Is Nym non-canon, appearing only in Icewind Dale 1 and 2? All I know is he's got a few levels in rogue and he's at least got 7 levels in Enchanter (or maybe he's an 8+ level sorcerer, as he's got fantastic charisma), as he can cast Dimension Door.

Edit: And he's sneaky enough to infiltrate a huge well-defended dwarven complex and walk out with a ton of magical artifacts.

Yora
2009-09-12, 02:55 PM
Well, if a character, especially a drow, claims he is better than X, it's very likely that he's just boasting. :smallbiggrin:

Jergmo
2009-09-12, 03:04 PM
Well, if a character, especially a drow, claims he is better than X, it's very likely that he's just boasting. :smallbiggrin:

Eh, I dunno, Nym has survived as an Underdark merchant for 400-500 years, without the backing of an organization like Bregan De'arthe.

Zephyros
2009-09-12, 07:26 PM

To quote a famous drow quote "In everything you do, there's a drow better than you :smallcool:"

Jergmo
2009-09-12, 11:11 PM
To quote a famous drow quote "In everything you do, there's a drow better than you :smallcool:"

"--And your goal is to stab him in the back with a poisoned dagger."

Trodon
2009-09-12, 11:47 PM
"--And your goal is to stab him in the back with a poisoned dagger."

:biggrin: So awesome.