PDA

View Full Version : Help expounding on an idea

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-09-12, 10:55 PM
I have an idea for a spell, but I need a bit of help.:smallredface:

It's called "Combination", and it can combine any two magical objects of the same type of clothing (two magic rings, two magic swords, etc.) into one magical object that obtains all powers from both rings. Conflicting powers (for instance, circle of law and circle of chaos) can be turned on and off as a free action while wearing the ring.

What school of spell would that be? (Evocation, etc. ) What needs to be outlined more clearly? What material components would it need? What level would it be, and who could use it?:smallconfused:

Ideas?:smallsmile:

Godskook
2009-09-12, 11:00 PM
Circumventing the crafting rules is probably a bad idea...

Triaxx
2009-09-13, 04:02 AM
I get what you're after. Something that lets you craft more than one enchantment on a single item right?

[Feat]
Multicrafting
Requirements: Craft Wonderous Item, CL 15, 19 INT
Effect: Multicrafting allows the caster to use Craft Wonderous Item to create two of the same kind of item, and then fuse the effects into a single item, more powerful than the two alone.

Multicrafting lasts for one day per casting and must be cast once a day for projects taking greater than one day. Only items of the same type: Amulets, Rings, etc, may be Multicrafted.

Once the Multicrafting is begun, the caster pays for both of the initial items, as well as the calculated cost of the Multicrafted item. The initial crafting takes it's full measure of time, with the Multicrafting taking twice as long, and with two DC 35 checks of the appropriate crafting skills to succeed. Failure at the first check means that the second DC is raised to 55, while failure at the second means the item is destroyed. Failure of both checks causes the item to be destroyed catastropically, the caster taking 3d4 damage per level.

Gain spell Multicrafting:

Normal: May not craft two items into one.

Multicrafting:
Enchantment
Level: C/D/S/W 7
Components: V, S, M, XP
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: One Creature
Duration: 1 Day
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Multicrafting must be cast each morning during the Multicrafting process, and requires one Adamantine hammer per casting, which is destroyed in the casting process, as well as 400xp per casting.

Godskook
2009-09-13, 04:18 AM
And I stand corrected, if not in principle, at least in this example, which on first read, seems balanced.

Ashtagon
2009-09-13, 04:59 AM
How is the final item different some an item that was enchanted with both effects in the first place?

Yora
2009-09-13, 05:09 AM
It would be cheaper and you could combine existing items you find. (I think)