PDA

View Full Version : [Spoiler] What if the divorce of Vaarsuvius leads to birth of new god of murder?

Zerter
2009-09-13, 02:40 AM
We know from confrontations with various evil and not so evil beings that Vaarsuvius has a hard time controlling her emotions (see last two comics) or making rational choices in whom she engages (lets challenge the party's arch enemy not just to a 1on1 duel, but make sure we do it at his homeground where his traps and allies can support him).

So now she is divorced, lonely, and looking for comfort. Her obvious choice will be to run to someone safe, of course there's the practiced romancer of OOTS: Durkon (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0082.html), known to comfort all type of females with questionable morale. But my guess is he'll refuse on basis of having too high a wisdom score to get into this mess, which will have her running for basically anything with legs (and maybe even not something that discriminating), meaning she will most likely end up with Belkar.

Belkar does not have long to live. But this can help wrap up his character growth (he adds next to Kill and Lust a Love mode for example). And sets up V to carry the child of the god of murder, setting up either a Baldur's Gate scenario for a future comic in which all children of Belkar will compete to succeed him or / and a very rare Halfling / Elf child.

Edric O
2009-09-13, 02:46 AM
And the prize for the most far-fetched future story arc speculation goes to...

petersohn
2009-09-13, 02:48 AM
Darn ninja, I wanted to say that.

David Argall
2009-09-13, 03:34 AM
Well, if we want something halfway reasonable, recall those two street kids. Maybe...Seeing she is about to lose her own kids, V decides to adopt those brats when they next interfere with the party.

Rustic Dude
2009-09-13, 03:51 AM
Nah, s/he is already paired. Didn't you see that crow raven?

He's waiting to be polimorphed! :smallbiggrin:

*Thinks on Crack Pairings thread*

The Dark Fiddler
2009-09-13, 06:15 AM
*Thinks on Crack Pairings thread*

I brought it up there already.

I think we got a Lizard!V x Blackwing fic, but no actual VxBlackwing.

Go ahead an doooo eeet.

Wardog
2009-09-17, 04:27 PM
"Face Me! Face the New Lord of Murder!"

Ah... this thread brings back memories...

Onyavar
2009-09-17, 04:59 PM
"Face Me! Face the New Lord of Murder!"
Ah... this thread brings back memories...

Aye. Good memories.

Kish
2009-09-17, 05:25 PM
This thread deserves a "waugh?"

Pyron
2009-09-17, 05:50 PM
Vaarsuvius already gave birth to the new god of murder. Not to long ago, she acknowledged her familiar's existence. In a way that's giving birth.

Hail Blackwing, the God of Murder.

wait, Blackwing's a raven, not a crow. My bad! :smallbiggrin:

Spiky
2009-09-17, 11:25 PM
Yes, ravens are merely unkindnesses, not murders.

Puns de León
2009-09-17, 11:42 PM
At first I thought you meant that V's feelings concerning the divorce would be so strong as to spawn a deity of vengeance, but that would only work if the OOTSverse operated on the same theistic principles as The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul.

Berserk Monk
2009-09-17, 11:46 PM

...me? Is it me? Yes! I never expected to win a contest I never even heard of before!

factotum
2009-09-18, 01:27 AM
I don't know what the OP is smoking, but I want to get hold of some of it, stat. :smallwink:

Sewblon
2009-09-18, 06:30 PM
Well V would rather have Belkar try to kill him/her than have Belkar lust after him/her; so that is highly improbable.