PDA

View Full Version : Origamancer [v3.5] Homebrew [P.E.A.C.H]

vampire2948
2009-09-13, 07:21 AM
Hey all,

I've been thinking about this for a while, and have finally gotten around to posting it. But i'd appreciate your input.

At present, the class is not finished - But i'd appreciate it if anyone who has ideas for spells, class abilities etc. would comment. I will get around to completing more of the class this evening and at later points in the future.

Origamancer (Better name required.)
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Produce Raw Paper, Origami Secret (The First Fold),

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Enhance Kami (Heighten)

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3|Origami Secret (The Second Fold)

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Class Ability

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Origami Secret (The Third Fold)

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Enhance Kami (Extend)

7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Class Ability

8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+6|Origami Secret (The Fourth Fold)

9th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+6|Class Ability

10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|Origami Secret (The Fifth Fold)

11th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|Class Ability

12th|
+6/+1|
+4|
+4|
+8|Class Ability

13th|
+6/+1|
+4|
+4|
+9|Origami Secret (The Sixth Fold)

14th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+9|Class Ability

15th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+9|Class Ability

16th|
+8/+3|
+5|
+5|
+10|Origami Secret (The Seventh Fold)

17th|
+8/+3|
+5|
+5|
+10|Class Ability

18th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+11|Class Ability

19th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+11|Origami Secret (The Eighth Fold)

20th|
+10/+5|
+6|
+6|
+12|Class Ability[/table]

Alignment: Any

Hit Die: d6

Class Skills: The origamancer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Origami) (Int), Decipher Script (Int),

Forgery (Int), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha).

Skill Points at 1st Level: (4+int modifier)x4

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: (4+int modifier)

[b]Class Features:
All of the following are class features of the Origamancer:

Weapon and Armor Proficiency::
Origamancers are proficient with all simple weapons and light armour. Should they wear anything heavier than light armour, they suffer Arcane Spell Failure chance to all abilities involving the folding of paper.

Spells:
The Origamancer does not have spells as a Wizard, Sorceror or Cleric does. But instead has the ability to use a magical form of paper to create various constructs, supernatural effects and duplicate some arcane spells. The Origamancer does this by folding and writing on the paper, which directs the magic within to the desired effect.

The Origamancer's paper is created by the Origamancer who uses it, and there are rules governing this paper, its creation, and its use. Which you can read here:

Creation of the origamancer's magical paper can be done at any point throughout the day. This process takes one hour, and will produce the Origamancer's Class Level x 5 sheets of magical paper. The paper used for this must be physical. The paper could be aquired through a vendor, or through the Origamancer creating it for him/herself through the use of his/her Produce Raw Paper ability.

The maximum level of spell that an origmancer may use is dictated by the highest level of Origami Secret that he/she knows.

The Origamancer is a spontaneous caster that draws his/her spell list from the Origamancer spell list below. They automatically know all spells on the list.

Produce Raw Paper: (Su) Through this ability, an origamancer may create plant matter in the form of plant fibers suitable for the production
of paper.
This process is similar to the spell Minor Creation, with the exceptions listed here:
The fibers may be used as a spell component by the Origamancer.
The fibers exist for exactly 24 hrs, unless being used in a spell effect at the time they are due to cease existing, then they will cease existing at
the end of that effect.
The Origamancer's Produce Raw Paper ability produces enough fibers to create the Origamancer's Class Level x 5 sheets of paper.
This ability may only be used once every day (24 hrs). The ability requires an existing sheet, or fibers, to be used as a material component. The component is not used up in the casting of this ability.

Origami Secrets: Origami secrets dictate the level of Origami spell that they may use, in a similar way to the spellcasting progression of any other caster. The spell list of the Origamancer is organised by the level of Secret that the Origamancer must progress to use that spell.

Enhance Kami (Heighten): Enhance Kami (Heigten) is an ability that
allows a second level (or higher) Origamancer to imbue his/her paper with
additional magic during the daily preparation ritual that allows him/her to make his usual paper.
At 2nd level, the Origamancer may combine two sheets of paper to enable his /her spells cast with that, now singular, sheet to have +2 DC as if
affected by the Heighten Spell Metamagic feat.

Enhance Kami (Extend) Enhance Kami (Extend) is an ability that allows a sixth level (or higher) Origamancer to imbue his/her paper with additional magic during the daily preparation ritual that allows him/her to make his usual paper.
At 6th level, the Origamancer may combine two sheets of paper to enable his /her spells cast with that, now singular, sheet to have double duration.

To do list:

Finish class ability list.
Write backstory / fluff for an Origamancer.
Write spell list for the Origamancer.
Find coffee.
Work out if my spellcasting system is okay, and tweak the amount of pages per day per level of the Origamancer if required. Else swap to a DC based casting system.
Count the amount of people who will suggest folding 1,000 cranes for a Wish spell.
Count the amount of people who will suggest 'Papercut' as a spell.

vampire2948
2009-09-13, 07:30 AM
[Reserved for future stuff]

DueceEsMachine
2009-09-14, 11:33 PM
Hey - I actually have a bunch of paper magic spells that I found online long ago, I'm not even sure who wrote them it was so long ago, so I'm not sure if I should put them up...
Maybe I'll just give credit to the original author, whoever they may be, and if they come forward, I'll sure put it on there.

Anyways - unless they're easy to find on the maze of my computer, I'll put them up later.