PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Becoming Large

MartinHarper
2009-09-13, 08:51 AM
I'm looking for ways for PCs to become Large in 4e. So far the only thing I've come across is the previewed Sovereign Beast Epic Destiny:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/intheworks_pp.pdf

Does anyone know of any other methods?

Kurald Galain
2009-09-13, 08:59 AM
Does anyone know of any other methods?
I don't think there are any. Well, iirc, there are a few primal powers that make you large for one turn, does that help?

Similarly, the MM had a few races that were allowed to use large weapons, but one of those has had the ability removed already, because it was unbalancing.

Tiki Snakes
2009-09-13, 11:16 AM
I don't think there are any. Well, iirc, there are a few primal powers that make you large for one turn, does that help?

Similarly, the MM had a few races that were allowed to use large weapons, but one of those has had the ability removed already, because it was unbalancing.

and iirc the other one basically has it's large-weapon days numbered, in as much as I'm pretty sure they've said it'll go for the Bugbear too if they ever give it a proper PC race write-up.

Mando Knight
2009-09-13, 11:39 AM
There's the Eternal Defender Epic Destiny, which has features that make you become functionally Large without occupying the extra space if you are normally Medium sized...

The Shock Trooper PP also lets you treat certain weapons as one size larger than normal...

Jack_Banzai
2009-09-13, 01:40 PM
The Goliath racial paragon path also doesn't make you large exactly, but it does give you a lot of the same perks.

NPCMook
2009-09-13, 03:41 PM
Riding a mount technically makes you a large target

Harperfan7
2009-09-13, 07:36 PM
I don't care about being larger, but performing better? Heha, now that could be fun!

It's not a gimmick! It's real science!